PDA

View Full Version : Hydroseeding - Anybody with experience?

quazimoto
06-17-2009, 02:53 PM
I'm considering doing hydroseeding instead of sod for our new house. I am just curious if anybody on here has tried before and just how well it worked. I mean the last thing I wanna do is spend a put load of money on this to find it's not going to take perfectly.

I just love the idea of doing this over sod as it seems way more simpler.

Choice
06-17-2009, 04:39 PM
Don't do it. My neighbour did it last, and her lawn is still brown and looks terrible.
The grass is different shade of green and the blades of grass are smaller/thiner too. So you'll not blend in with your neighbour's lawn and any natural grass that sprouts out on your own lawn will stick out like a sore thumb.

Trust me, sod is the way to go! My lawn is nicely green and well worth the effort of laying out the sod.

nismodrifter
06-17-2009, 04:55 PM
No need for hydroseeding, regular seed in a bag from Home Depot is what you need. We seeded our grass and it was growing very nicely within 1 month. Just water + fertilize and it will grow fine. Tilled our lot, leveled everything out how we wanted it, spread the seed, done. Would definitely do it again.

quazimoto
06-17-2009, 05:32 PM
SOD isn't so simple. Maybe for people with tiny land in Calgary. Unfortunately the quotes we are getting are quite high. We have a 9000 SQ FT lot. Amazing how much grass can cost.