PDA

View Full Version : did anyone else experience the bumpy roads?

88CRX
10-29-2003, 07:09 PM
now i understand it may be bumpy.... but it was so bad that i couldnt control the car over 15-20kms/hr

is it the ice on the road or what?

or is it just my car.... it sounded like it was falling apart lol

rage2
10-29-2003, 08:02 PM
It's crazy in the school areas. Soccer moms flooring it in their minivans and SUV's, creating huge holes in the ice.

Felt like offroading driving by the school near my house!

88CRX
10-29-2003, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by rage2
It's crazy in the school areas. Soccer moms flooring it in their minivans and SUV's, creating huge holes in the ice.

Felt like offroading driving by the school near my house!

weird.... it was the worst in the school zones by my place too :dunno:

air_mikey
10-29-2003, 08:21 PM
yeah it sucks. the roads are so bumpy. i still have my lowering springs on so its even more rough.

kenny
10-29-2003, 08:24 PM
Yeah the roads are crazy by the safeway near my house. The civic in front of me was just bobbing all over the place. Bunch of holes everywhere from spinning tires.

jdmakkord
10-29-2003, 08:26 PM
My tanabes dont help the situation!!!! Fuck, my back is gonna be screwed by spring!

powerslave
10-29-2003, 10:21 PM
Man, I had the *pleasure* of experiencing the bumping on the drive to the Uni today, it SUCKED! Especially on the smaller roads with less traffic, those are teH sUcK.
And this is with stock suspension, now I'm glad I didn't lower it... Even with the stock height, the front and the undercarriage acted as a snowplow... I can imagine what it must be for people with lowered cars...

04blackMAX
10-29-2003, 10:23 PM
awwwwwwww, i have a big SUV for the week

Idratherbsidewayz
10-29-2003, 10:24 PM
There was snow today, wow i didn't even notice...

LudeRoca
10-29-2003, 10:31 PM
yea i said the same thing today when i was driving. This is the first winter me driving my lude and i didn't know if it was the roads or my car. my car bounced like crazy today.

88CRX
10-29-2003, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by LudeRoca
yea i said the same thing today when i was driving. This is the first winter me driving me lude and i didn't know if it was the roads or my car. my car bounced like crazy today.

wow..... i thought i was the only one cause ever fuckin' soccer moms suv was on my ass all day :guns: :guns: so i went slower :D

Boostn
10-29-2003, 10:38 PM
The ruts in the road were bad around my area also. Nothing better than a good teeth chattering on your way to work in the morning.

Sky
10-29-2003, 11:02 PM
hehe bumps are CRAZY everywhere!! I switched the setting on my KYB AGX to SOFTEST and the bumps are not so bad after :)

can't do anything about my header scraping though...:thumbsdow

403Gemini
10-29-2003, 11:24 PM
yo 88crx TOTALLY know it was sick! i couldnt go above 35ish

max_boost
10-29-2003, 11:26 PM
I think anyone who drove today experienced the bumpy roads:thumbsdow:

I hate this weather and its only the beginning of winter

403Gemini
10-29-2003, 11:37 PM
yea but the treads just needa be made in the roads, its first day jitters. fuck ill admit i had to go for a 30 min cruise tonite just to gain my confidence about drivin on ice again, but im cool now ;) (especially new car gotta get used to its feeling heh)

CRXguy
10-29-2003, 11:40 PM
I haven't left my house after I turned back to go home this morning. :D

403Gemini
10-29-2003, 11:41 PM
Originally posted by CRXguy

i only went out for the cruise and to visit the wife ;)

Shaolin
10-29-2003, 11:45 PM
I live in Deer Run, it took me 1/2 an hour to get to Bow Bottom.. Once I hit Deerfoot it was fine, no one took Deerfoot, everyone took Blackfoot.

But yeah the roads were bumpy as hell, and it was the ice.. It was pretty scary, you'd be driving straight, all of a sudden my whole car would shift to the left or the right, like i was teleporting :D I went 30 on Bow Bottom and about 60 on Deerfoot.

As I was driving home tonight, some fucking idiot in a Park Avenue decides to drive like it was winter.. I turn onto the road (Where Silent Rage's Shell is) from Bow Bottom, all of a sudden this Park Avenue fucking flies out, he musta floored it out of the gas station and stops in the middle of the road when he saw me coming.. fucking idiots.. hope darwinism will run its course on him.

Redlyne_mr2
10-29-2003, 11:46 PM
My 944 is a whore in this weather... I was doing 30 when a rut grabbed me and directed me onto the median where I proceeded to get stuck

RiceCake
10-29-2003, 11:58 PM
Originally posted by CRXguy

:werd: Nice and toasty at home for me today :thumbsup:

Khyron
10-30-2003, 12:13 AM
Damn I been driving up and down the strathcona hill etc 4 times today in the Jetta - it's been great. This car loves the snow. Graders left a mess in front of the driveway - 5 mins of crushing the big blocks, and then a good sprint and ram up and into the garage.

And no speedtraps to worry about! :angel:

Khyron

James
10-30-2003, 01:21 AM
shit ,glad it wasnt just me! :rofl:...roads are fucked up!.....i didnt have any traction issues with my car ( put the blizzaks on last night)...but driving the work truck today was STUPID!.fuckin POS dakota was all over the place! :thumbsdow

xkon
10-30-2003, 02:23 AM
my car was ok with the winter tires on... but i could have killed the SUV driving soccer moms driving as if it was summer :thumbsdow one of them cut me off and proceeded to get stuck in front of me at the next set of lights... them slip into oncoming traffic :thumbsup: probably didnt learn her lesson though!

trendkill
10-30-2003, 05:58 AM
i had fun, driveing the dingo in the snow for the first time. 4x4 is the only way to go. i dont mind the snow anymore. glad i got rid of the POS imports i had

girlRACER
10-30-2003, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by Shaolin
I live in Deer Run, it took me 1/2 an hour to get to Bow Bottom.. Once I hit Deerfoot it was fine, no one took Deerfoot, everyone took Blackfoot.

But yeah the roads were bumpy as hell, and it was the ice.. It was pretty scary, you'd be driving straight, all of a sudden my whole car would shift to the left or the right, like i was teleporting :D I went 30 on Bow Bottom and about 60 on Deerfoot.

As I was driving home tonight, some fucking idiot in a Park Avenue decides to drive like it was winter.. I turn onto the road (Where Silent Rage's Shell is) from Bow Bottom, all of a sudden this Park Avenue fucking flies out, he musta floored it out of the gas station and stops in the middle of the road when he saw me coming.. fucking idiots.. hope darwinism will run its course on him.

I was on Bow Bottom for 45 minutes because of traffic. There were 5 cars stuck on the ice including me. Had to get someone to push my car. Bow Bottom is brutal!

Clever
10-30-2003, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by James
shit ,glad it wasnt just me! :rofl:...roads are fucked up!.....i didnt have any traction issues with my car ( put the blizzaks on last night)...but driving the work truck today was STUPID!.fuckin POS dakota was all over the place! :thumbsdow

hahaha, Blizzaks owns!!!:thumbsup: