PDA

View Full Version : FS: Acer 3705 37inch 1080p LCD - $200

Super_Geo
06-17-2009, 10:14 PM
There is a (slight?) issue with the top-right corner of this LCD when dark scenes are being shown. Read on!

Sometime in the last 2 months a 'dim blotch' has developed in the top right corner of the screen that only shows up with dark scenes (most noticeable with darker grays). It's a bit bigger than a first and is subtle if you're not explicitly looking for it. Things in the area-in-question look slightly dimmer than the rest of the screen (color is otherwise correct). Kind of like a water-stain shape.

I've had friends who have been over numerous and never noticed it at all during movies, TV, etc... but once it's pointed out to them it's kind of hard to unsee.

It is only apparent during dark colors and does not show up at all in medium lighting or bright scenes.

I once poured water onto my laptop LCD while drunk back in university... after wiping it all off there was this 'blotchiness' on the screen, and this is the closest comparison I can think of.

This LCD otherwise has exceptional color clarity and saturation otherwise, and does HD really well. I had it set up to a HTPC and Shaw HD and they both looked great. It has every input you'd want: HDMI, DVI, component, composite, PC audio, etc.

I have a new TV and want this gone... first $200 takes it.

Feel free to come check it out, I live in Eau Claire and am home after 6-7PM most nights, and in the afternoon on weekends.

http://www.thg.ru/display/37_lcd_full-hd_2007_1/images/acer_at3705-mgw.jpg

Super_Geo
06-17-2009, 10:28 PM
Posted @ 10:14... tentatively gone as of 10:15 :eek:

Will update after tomorrow night.

300rwhp
06-18-2009, 09:49 AM
if it isnt gone, i work in eau claire and can come any time.

Super_Geo
06-18-2009, 10:09 PM
Sold to Tik-Tok!

Enjoy the TV man!