PDA

View Full Version : Making Sure Tickets Are Legit

BrknFngrs
06-18-2009, 10:13 PM
Due to some confusion I ended having to buy tickets to a concert through Stub Hub to get decent seats. In the past I've always bought tickets direct so I've never really had to deal with this before but how do I ensure that tickets are legitimate once I get them?

I opted to purchase ticket stock tickets (as opposed to e-tickets) as I figured this lessened the chance of fakes or someone selling the same tickets more than once, etc.

Does anyone know if Ticketmaster would be able to verify the validity of the tickets if I brought them in?

All insight is much appreciated.

orangefreddie
06-19-2009, 10:36 AM
Stubhub Guarantees that all tickets purchased are legit.

Copied from their "Fan Protect Guarantee"...

If tickets are invalid and are not honored by the venue:

In the event the Buyer encounters any problems at the venue, the Buyer is encouraged to call StubHub Customer Service immediately at 1.866.StubHub (1.866.788.2482) for assistance. If the Buyer contacts StubHub from the venue at the time of the event, StubHub will attempt to locate comparable replacement tickets for the buyer. If replacement tickets cannot be found, or if the Buyer was not able to contact StubHub before the event, StubHub will provide the Buyer with a prepaid FedEx shipping label to use in returning the tickets to StubHub along with a Ticket Return Form. Upon confirmation by the venue that the tickets were invalid, StubHub will issue the Buyer a refund for the full cost of the tickets, including service fees and shipping and handling charges.

BrknFngrs
06-19-2009, 07:53 PM
Thanks for the reply. I saw that posting but that in their agreement but I was hoping to ensure they were legit before I went to the show. On the off chance they're not I'd like to avoid being turned away at the door.