PDA

View Full Version : telus.... wtf?

AutodreamMarvin
10-29-2003, 11:58 PM
i applied to telus for a job in the call centre, and i got back an invitation for an assessment a couple hours later asking if i was interested to e-mail back saying that i am able to attend the testing session.

anyways, i e-mailed them back letting them know i would be attending. now i get an e-mail from them saying that "Thank-you for applying to the position of Client Care Representative - Provisional (Call Centre). We have received your application and your experience and qualifications are now being reviewed.

If a match with your experience and this opportunity's requirements is identified, we will contact you shortly. In the event you are not contacted, we will keep your profile active by continuing to match your competencies and experience with other available opportunities."

i think that means that i apparently didn't make the cut. i just want to verify this because i don't want to waste an opportunity.

thanks

the-240sx-guy
10-30-2003, 12:00 AM
sounds like two different positions.

client care is for telus mobiliy

the first one you got is for telus communications, you can still show up to the session that you rsvp'ed for

goodluck

Ben
10-30-2003, 12:23 AM
Have fun, I quit that job, blows ass

Shaolin
10-30-2003, 12:25 AM
they wanted me to work.. the pay was great, until they told me what my shift was going to be.. they were going to pay me something like 15-17 bucks an hour at the call center in Marlborough, but I had to work the graveyard shift.. fuk dat.

jdmakkord
10-30-2003, 07:09 AM
Originally posted by Ben
Have fun, I quit that job, blows ass :werd:

I lasted a looooooong 8 months there.

Weapon_R
10-30-2003, 12:33 PM
What job did you guys do and why was it so bad?

Ben
10-30-2003, 06:27 PM
Originally posted by jdmakkord
:werd:

I lasted a looooooong 8 months there.

How the hell did I possibly manage 20 months in that joint?

We would go for like 4 hour lunch breaks on a 5 hour shift, or come in for 15 min and leave for the day, and yet we still got paid :thumbsup:

haha

nosegrindR
11-03-2003, 12:53 AM
Originally posted by Ben

We would go for like 4 hour lunch breaks on a 5 hour shift, or come in for 15 min and leave for the day, and yet we still got paid :thumbsup:

haha
lol, that's the beauty of corporate jobs!

ps: ben they got an air hockey table now :poosie:

jdmakkord
11-03-2003, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by nosegrindR

Fuck off!!!!!!!!!!!! You gotta be kidding!!!!

nosegrindR
11-03-2003, 02:10 PM

Fuck off!!!!!!!!!!!! You gotta be kidding!!!!

yeah and a new fuseball table....
but fuseball's overrated

kenny
11-03-2003, 03:53 PM
Seems like Telus has a pretty high turnover rate, perhaps thats why they have such nice game rooms and that e-magine room or whatever haha

desipwr
11-03-2003, 05:57 PM
and a pool tabel and x box with plasma tv

max_boost
11-03-2003, 06:34 PM
What did you guys do there anyway? Answer phones?

Ben
11-03-2003, 06:39 PM

Will?

You somewadabitch!

nosegrindR
11-03-2003, 07:00 PM
yeah dude we don't do much there, just answer phones.

ben you savage

sandman
11-03-2003, 07:40 PM
hoyl wat were the hours n wat was the pay that soudns slack

Ben
11-03-2003, 07:49 PM
yeah dude we don't do much there, just answer phones.

ben you savage

Awww, thats special. Maybe I'll come say hi to the team someday.

jayq
11-03-2003, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by Ben

haha

no wonder everyone here hates sales

Ben
11-03-2003, 08:02 PM
Originally posted by jayq

no wonder everyone here hates sales

Elaborate.

Thats how bad it got. Noone wanted to be there...40% churn in the first 3 months is a pretty good sign.

jayq
11-03-2003, 08:10 PM
sorry, i meant 4 hr lunch breaks....
alot of issues i see from nra or niss are incomplete orders that sales has put through.

Ben
11-03-2003, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by jayq
sorry, i meant 4 hr lunch breaks....
alot of issues i see from nra or niss are incomplete orders that sales has put through.

Ah, yeah I can feel your pain there I often had to fix or help people repair their issues. I didn't mind tho.. Rest assured when I did orders they were correct.

Besides, Cant fuck up if I'm not there right? haha

Aw well, when I was there I sold like a bastard so that made up for it.

nosegrindR
11-04-2003, 12:50 AM
:rofl: :rofl:
the best is the "welcome" list haha, oh shit that's gold
thanks for that script ben it works pretty good

Ben
11-04-2003, 01:04 AM
:rofl: :rofl:
the best is the "welcome" list haha, oh shit that's gold
thanks for that script ben it works pretty good

I made 60 people ALOT of money with that script.

at least $100000/month.

bwahahaha

Whats worse is since I've retired, I thought up a whole whack of new ones...Mel and I should publish them and make more $

teknical
11-04-2003, 12:56 PM
did they actually make 100000/month ben?

nosegrindR
11-04-2003, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by teknical
did they actually make 100000/month ben?

yeah literally, ben's jabroni banks

AaronS13
11-04-2003, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by Shaolin
they wanted me to work.. the pay was great, until they told me what my shift was going to be.. they were going to pay me something like 15-17 bucks an hour at the call center in Marlborough, but I had to work the graveyard shift.. fuk dat.

in marlborough? thats the mobility office (i should know, i work there)...

starting pay is like 16.14/hr, sure, its a call center, but it ain't sales... its "client care"... or customer service, or whatever...

It's an alright job... could be better, could be worse...

and graveyard shift??? the latest we open til is 11... and its on a rotation....

GC8
11-05-2003, 11:04 AM
how much does this telus job pay? i heard it starts at 9.25/hr with commission?...is it easy to make commission?

nosegrindR
11-05-2003, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by GC8
how much does this telus job pay? i heard it starts at 9.25/hr with commission?...is it easy to make commission?

the goal of telus is to generate calls into sales, so it's pretty easy to make around 40$ an hour

sikh_n_destroy
11-05-2003, 01:01 PM
its a easy job...

all u do is listen to calls....and listen to their problems....

or sell stuff to customers....

GC8
11-05-2003, 05:53 PM
lol..$40/hr..wow..sounds like i should start applying..

so on average, how much do you think a newb like me could make? say $20/hr?..

jdmakkord
11-05-2003, 05:58 PM
On good days I used to rake in 40 to 60ish /hr

nosegrindR
11-05-2003, 06:29 PM
On good days I used to rake in 40 to 60ish /hr

yeah, pay used to be better before i got there, i heard rumors that people would make comission checks of 8000 a month

Ben
11-06-2003, 12:18 AM

yeah, pay used to be better before i got there, i heard rumors that people would make comission checks of 8000 a month

The Pay OWNED before you came;)

its still decent tho.

max_boost
11-06-2003, 02:46 AM
If you made $50/60 an hour, I have no idea why you guys quit!!!

jdmakkord
11-06-2003, 07:25 AM
Originally posted by max_boost
If you made $50/60 an hour, I have no idea why you guys quit!!!

It was telemarketing, we moved downtown from a cozy building in Malborough, with free parking. One day you were on floor 9, half way through that day you move to 25, then 7, then 15. Gets tiring. The job itself isn't for everyone, and before...if you didn't meet certain targets(chich are no longer there) you didn' t get your comp......I missed my comp half of the months I was there including the last 3! That worked out to 4 hours a day at 9.65/hour...kinda tough to pay the bills with that. Needless to say, my motivation level at work dropped off a bit:D

nosegrindR
11-06-2003, 03:27 PM
yeah the comp plan changed, and there's computer-automated scheduling now. Before this computer automated scheduling it was crazy, you just came in whenever you wanted to.

Pacman
11-12-2003, 07:45 PM
Sounds like the pharmaceutical sales industry

NickGT
11-16-2003, 01:12 PM
sales sucked. I quit after 2 months. Made my commission targets, that's no problem, its just a shit job :thumbsdow. They get you all hyped up during the training like its the greatest thing ever. But it's all lies! :nut:

AutodreamMarvin
11-17-2003, 03:27 AM
alright, i did that stupid test last week.
how long until they call for an interview if i passed?

jdmakkord
11-17-2003, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by brbHPR
alright, i did that stupid test last week.
how long until they call for an interview if i passed?

Normally a day or two

ApexDrift
11-21-2003, 01:29 PM
well telus was in the top 10 best companies to work for in canada... its good cash but i hear it gets boring plain and simple...it jsut depends if your modivated or not...my ex works there (bitch) she made shit loads of money, useless cuz she spent it on stupid shit but in the end there was alot of stupid shit in her room

Seks
11-22-2003, 10:24 PM
I want to add a piece of my mind about Telus...this was about 2 weeks ago.

I applied for a PT Help Desk Analyst position that was posted on Telus' website. On that same day, I got an invite to a pre-employment testing session. I replied back indicating which scheduled session that I would attend.

I was at the session for 3.5 hrs. Did a 22-question technical exam, a few puzzles and mind-boggling exams, a couple of grammar and synonyms exams, some math exams, and a 436-question exam on the overall of you.

Guess what, the next day, I got an e-mail...

"Thank you for the interest you have shown in seeking employment with TELUS.

We appreciate the time and effort you took to meet with us but we regret to inform you that the overall qualifications and work experience of other applicants more closely meet our present requirements. Please be assured that your application received our full and careful consideration."

From what I've heard, regardless of how qualified you are (see my other thread which i posted my resume in), it seems like the 436-question exam is the key to your employment. The Administrator of the session obviously lied to us saying that the exam does not count and it's only for stats purposes. There a lot of questions in that exam that are repeated every 30-40 questions in between. I guess they want to see how consistent you are and the amount of patience you have.

Pacman
11-23-2003, 12:45 AM
wow, it's starting to sound more and more like the pharmaceutical industry.

jay42w8
12-31-2006, 09:57 PM
interesting....Im going in to take this test (hopefully they've kept it the same) on Jan 4, 2007 for the part time evenings and weekends call centre (wireless) position...anything else you guys can tell me about the hiring process and the job itself....

btw...its still posted...temporary client care representative part time......tia.

also, how far is this place from the train station, as I probably will be parking my car in the morning, then training it downtown, then train back to marlboraough, pick me truck up and then head to the call centre to work (assuming i get the job *knock on wood*)

KuruptEX
12-31-2006, 10:11 PM
damn where do i apply do they hire weekends?

Audio_Rookie
12-31-2006, 10:13 PM
lol, over 3 year old post.....but information seems relevant anyways...

thrasher22
01-02-2007, 09:53 PM
I worked for the 411 part of the call center, fucking sucked.

I was pulled aside by my manger once and given shit because the system showed that I took 3 bathroom breaks during my 8 hour shift.
They always schedualed me during the times I said I couldnt' work (I'm in school) I'd still skip class to get there, but it would usually be 10 min late. They then fired me eventually because I was late.

That aside the breakroom is pimp, big screen tv, often free food, pay is pretty good, but be ready to shoot yourself in the face after dealing with angry people with heavy accents who can't spell their own city name for 8 hours.

Ironically the day they fired me I had come into quit, I think it was more of a "you can't quit! you're fired!"

Either way I couldn't be happier to be gone.