PDA

View Full Version : Which chinese restaurant is good?

BimmerGirl
10-29-2003, 11:59 PM
As above.

ShOwOfF
10-30-2003, 12:00 AM
silver dragon.

Ajay
10-30-2003, 12:01 AM
Harbour City downtown on the corner of Center and 3rd Ave downtown.

Hawkwood Palace is the shit too....I think Hawkwood Palace is actually the BEST chinese food in the city.

Team_Mclaren
10-30-2003, 12:11 AM
as a chinese, Harbour City is pretty good. Not sure about Hawkwood Palace tho, kinda pricey for such a small place.
The Dumpling place off 53st. and crowchild is good too

inspire
10-30-2003, 12:12 AM
harbour city man!

C4S
10-30-2003, 12:14 AM
well .. hopefully no one will say " Sun Chiu Kee " :burnout:

I think " little beijing" is pretty good.. but .. too small .. and long line-up ... :dunno:

In fact . I like going to " Joey Tomato " for their ASIAN FOOD .. ha ha ......:drool:

Shaolin
10-30-2003, 12:24 AM
Originally posted by C4S
well .. hopefully no one will say " Sun Chiu Kee " :burnout:

I think " little beijing" is pretty good.. but .. too small .. and long line-up ... :dunno:

In fact . I like going to " Joey Tomato " for their ASIAN FOOD .. ha ha ......:drool:

haha Sun Chiu Kee.. it's not bad for the price you pay.. I used to go there for lunch when I was working in Downtown, great grease. The Jah Leung was classic :D

sin
10-30-2003, 12:25 AM
sizzling rice in canyon meadows

girlRACER
10-30-2003, 12:31 AM
Originally posted by Shaolin

haha Sun Chiu Kee.. it's not bad for the price you pay.. I used to go there for lunch when I was working in Downtown, great grease. The Jah Leung was classic :D

:werd: My favorite is the drink + bbq pork lai fun for $4.99.

What kind of chinese restaurant are you looking for? Real Canton food or Chicken fried rice/Chicken Balls/Ginger Beef type places? :D

Shaolin
10-30-2003, 12:36 AM
There's a place in Marda Loop, i don't remember what it's called, but it serves Western Chinese food. I think it's called Dragon's Gate or something like that.

For real chinese food, I wouldn't know.. I eat so much real chinese food at home I'm sick of it. Although we do go to Wo Fat in Bonavista quite it bit.

C4S
10-30-2003, 12:40 AM
Originally posted by girlRACER

:werd: My favorite is the drink + bbq pork lai fun for $4.99.

What kind of chinese restaurant are you looking for? Real Canton food or Chicken fried rice/Chicken Balls/Ginger Beef type places? :D

Yeah .. Sun Chiu Kee lunch is good ..and good value too ...

but .. when I go there for supper ! :banghead: same food as lunch .. double the price ! :banghead:

GTS Jeff
10-30-2003, 12:47 AM
lol so many white ppl answering this thread. what sort of chink restaurant are u looking for?

banquet type? lunch? dinner? hong kong style? late nite bites? szechuan? cantonese?

i like sun chiu kee hehe...they make a damn good curry in the afternoon.

sexualbanana
10-30-2003, 02:07 AM
Peking Peking :D

RSeXy
10-30-2003, 02:14 AM
Originally posted by sexualbanana

:rolleyes: ..sucking up again? :rofl:

I like the Golden Inn and Little Beijing.

ACS-e36
10-30-2003, 02:24 AM
REGENCY PALACE!
NE SINGAPORE SAMS!

HK2NR
10-30-2003, 02:25 AM
Originally posted by ACS-e36
REGENCY PALACE!
NE SINGAPORE SAMS!

:rofl: well of course you'll say that

GDCivicSi
10-30-2003, 03:09 AM
Golden Inn!

Maxt
10-30-2003, 04:56 AM
Little story about Silver Dragon, their freezer was broken once for 3 days, and they were still serving food out of it, the smell was enough to gag a maggot... Eating there is Russian Roulette..
Harbour city, been in that Kitchen as well, wouldn't eat that food if it was the last food on earth, seriously folks, its one of the worst kitchens I have ever seen...
Cleanest Chinese food kitchen I have ever seen is Ginger Beef in willow park, Treasures of China wasn't to bad either...
Rule of thumb for eating out, if there is a refrigeration truck parked behind the restaurant, don't eat there, something broke, did they pitch the rotten food, or serve it...
If there is a refrigeration truck in parking lot and the guy is eating there, chances are its a safe bet...Maxt

pinoyhero
10-30-2003, 06:18 AM
Gi Gong in Chi town.

mwmhong
10-30-2003, 09:43 AM
Ginger Beef

Imperial Palace

kenny
10-30-2003, 09:47 AM
Originally posted by ACS-e36
REGENCY PALACE!
NE SINGAPORE SAMS!

hey now, you must arrange to have a banner on beyond before advertising! :rofl:

88CRX
10-30-2003, 10:01 AM
ginger beef house :D

legendboy
10-30-2003, 10:06 AM
Imperial Palace is good whitie chinese food!
Harbour City is pretty good, buh_buh likes going there for the tiger penis soup :barf: Its just too bad that last time I ate there the food ended up all over the back seat of spyguys pathfinder :rofl:
Sun Chu Kee has good fish maw soup too.

Superesc
10-30-2003, 10:19 AM
Calgary Court/Pebble Street :D

Khyron
10-30-2003, 11:24 AM
Ginger Beef in Willow Park. I drive all the way there from Springbank. :clap:

And Double Dragon on 17th ave/37th st has great takeout.

Khyron

THREE40SEVEN
10-30-2003, 11:31 AM
Silver Inn off 16th ave

sexualbanana
10-30-2003, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by RSeXy

:rolleyes: ..sucking up again? :rofl:

Ya damn skippy!

szw
11-05-2003, 12:06 AM
panda garden seafood restauraunt in edmonton

CRXguy
11-05-2003, 12:13 AM
Originally posted by szw

:rofl: :rofl:

You saw the news too?

Dat some good shit y0! :nut:

szw
11-05-2003, 12:23 AM
Originally posted by CRXguy

You saw the news too?

Dat some good shit y0! :nut:

What news???! :dunno:
I just like the taste...so authentic!

dam_guy
11-05-2003, 01:12 AM
Originally posted by szw

they serve real hot dogs :rofl: :rofl:

crazyning
11-05-2003, 01:24 AM
Foody Goody

Davetronz
11-05-2003, 01:31 AM
I have found that treasures and foody goody are the DIRTIEST places to eat food PERIOD.
As for places I like, Hawkwood and Regency Palace.
On another note, being the crazy white boy that I am, I actually like the safeway chinese food from the Crowfoot location....

Ajay
11-05-2003, 02:20 AM
Safeway Chinese food??

Actually it's not that bad I'll agree with that. The one thing that sucks from there though is their sushi. I tried that once and it was NASTY as hell! Kinda made sense as to why it only cost $3 for 9 California Rolls.

dam_guy
11-05-2003, 04:42 AM
Originally posted by Ajay
Safeway Chinese food??

Actually it's not that bad I'll agree with that. The one thing that sucks from there though is their sushi. I tried that once and it was NASTY as hell! Kinda made sense as to why it only cost $3 for 9 California Rolls.

haha... i use to work there. the food actually is pretty decent considering its from safeway. but yeah, don't touch the sushi, that sits out for basically the whole day and gives new meaning to "raw fish":barf:

89coupe
11-05-2003, 08:54 AM
Best Chinese food for take-out bar none is Toi Shon off of Barlow Trail SW

Best Lunch - Ho Won's in Chinatown ( Best salt n pepper squid in town )

Best Dim Sum - Silver Dragon in Chinatown

Davetronz
11-05-2003, 09:31 AM
Yea the sushi is...... less than desireable...

G
11-05-2003, 09:48 AM
Try Panda Garden restaurant, they got a pretty good review in the paper.

Skinned canines in freezer
Probe launched after restaurant find

By KEITH BRADFORD, EDMONTON SUN

Health officials have launched an investigation after the skinned carcasses of four canine animals - either coyotes or dogs - were found in a downtown restaurant freezer.

Edmonton Humane Society constables and environmental health officers removed the carcasses from the Panda Garden restaurant, 10507 Kingsway Ave., early yesterday after being tipped off by strip mall security guards.

"There were four canines, skinned and frozen solid.

"At this point we don't know if they are dogs or coyotes," said Capital Health environmental health officer Richard Reive, who thinks this is the first case of its kind in Edmonton.

"At first I was skeptical when I heard about it. And when I saw them, I was fairly surprised, to say the least."

The carcasses have been handed over to Alberta Fish and Wildlife officials, who are conducting an autopsy to determine what the animals are, and whether the meat is infected.

Edmonton Humane Society spokesman Melissa Boisvert said it's still not known where the animals are from, or where they were killed.

"We are shocked that a restaurant had dogs or canines in their freezer," she said. "But there's no evidence a dog has been served to anyone."

Reive said the carcasses are "uninspected meat," regardless of whether they turn out to be coyotes or dogs.

"The restaurant was open as of (Monday) but the restaurant is now closed, and the animals are gone," he said. "Uninspected meat is a health concern."

Anyone found guilty of contravening Section 19 of the food regulation section of the Public Health Act - which covers uninspected meat - can face a first-offence fine of $2,000, said Reive.

He was unable to contact the restaurant's owners yesterday.

Reive said the discovery of the canine carcasses is still under investigation, but it's too early to say whether charges will be laid.

The carcasses were found on the floor of the restaurant's walk-in freezer. Two were in black plastic garbage bags but the others were uncovered when he inspected the freezer, said Reive.

"They were skinned from nose to tail. The fur was still on the paws - that's the only spot."

Boisvert said that an Edmonton Humane Society investigation - which will focus on the treatment of animals - will get underway when it's known whether they are dogs.

"It's shocking. It's not something we expect to hear."

BimmerGirl
11-05-2003, 09:54 AM
ewwwwww.....:rofl:

SinisterProbeGt
11-05-2003, 10:19 AM
try these guys
http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?threadid=27367

kevie88
11-05-2003, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by SinisterProbeGt
try these guys
http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?threadid=27367

Haha! Look 2 posts above yours!

I love Charly Chans on Kensington for the Dumplings!! but all in all, I'd go for Vietnamese 100 times before I go for Chinese food once.. too much batter and deep frying for me!

pinoyhero
11-19-2003, 11:02 PM
I posted here already but no one had an opinion, Gee Gong is hands down the best Chi food around. You know its good when you go for lunch and place is half old Chinese and half business people and to top it off the place is filthy. That is the sign of true quality.

sputnik
11-20-2003, 09:33 AM
Originally posted by sexualbanana

GREA-SING GREA-SING!

that is the BIGGEST white trash chinese restaurant EVER... so many bikers and truckers... and their families

Mr.Touchdown
11-20-2003, 09:42 AM
ok this place is shady but it has the best food and the best service you had its called DOUBLE DRAGON and it is located on 17th ave right by ernist manning high amazing food.

Strider
11-20-2003, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by sputnik

GREA-SING GREA-SING!

that is the BIGGEST white trash chinese restaurant EVER... so many bikers and truckers... and their families

CUSS
gotta love those newbs:banghead:

EK 2.0
11-20-2003, 12:03 PM
Wait, wait let a brown guy in on this...

TIKI MING in Sunridge Mall...:dunno:

Sorry, I had to post whore...please don't kill me...

max_boost
11-20-2003, 12:43 PM

GREA-SING GREA-SING!

that is the BIGGEST white trash chinese restaurant EVER... so many bikers and truckers... and their families LOL
It's not like I can pick and chose my customers but business is business and I ain't sweating over the lack of cash

sputnik
11-20-2003, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by max_boost
LOL
It's not like I can pick and chose my customers but business is business and I ain't sweating over the lack of cash

sorry dude... i just cant stand "red light" (heat lamp) deep fried buffets... dont forget... ive been there so it says something about me... my girlfriends grandmother loves it for some reason...

its just too "whitey chinese food" for me

max_boost
11-20-2003, 02:55 PM

sorry dude... i just cant stand "red light" (heat lamp) deep fried buffets... dont forget... ive been there so it says something about me... my girlfriends grandmother loves it for some reason...

its just too "whitey chinese food" for me Well, as long as my customers enjoy it, that's all that matters. It's impossible to please everyone anyway. By the way, we do cook tradition chinese food, just no one requests it.:devil:

RSeXy
11-20-2003, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by max_boost
Well, as long as my customers enjoy it, that's all that matters. It's impossible to please everyone anyway. By the way, we do cook tradition chinese food, just no one requests it.:devil:

i request it! its yummy! crab and the soup is my fave!

pinoyhero
11-20-2003, 10:22 PM

its just too "whitey chinese food" for me

:werd:

Not down with white chinese food.

sml
11-20-2003, 11:00 PM
Originally posted by legendboy
Harbour City is pretty good, buh_buh likes going there for the tiger penis soup :barf:

Didn't an ancient Chinese wise man once say that you are what you eat??? :rofl:

core_upt
02-04-2004, 01:57 AM
I'd go with Buddha's Veggie across from Chinook Centre or Veggie House in Chinatown.
I do have a vegetarian bias though.

RSeXy
02-04-2004, 02:03 AM
Originally posted by core_upt
I'd go with Buddha's Veggie across from Chinook Centre or Veggie House in Chinatown.
I do have a vegetarian bias though.

I have heard nothing but good things about the Buddha's Veggie from clients. I could never be a vegan though.

core_upt
02-04-2004, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by RSeXy

I have heard nothing but good things about the Buddha's Veggie from clients. I could never be a vegan though.

I love that place - even my meat-eating friends like it. It's pricey unless you canget a bunch of people to go.

Veggie House is more or less the same thing, just a third the price.

Now I want veggie chinese food!

A_3
02-05-2004, 06:14 PM
High Ball during lunch time... all you can eat buffet :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Nav13
02-05-2004, 06:21 PM
Sun Island Eatery, in Sundance in the SE, nice little place, with quick service and awesome food.

CelicaST-162
02-05-2004, 06:30 PM
Maxim Palace, at Deerfoot Mall correct me if I am wrong it used to be called Foody Goody. Anyways they have a mix of everything, chinese and cracka food!:thumbsup: ....its 7 bucks for lunch buffet!!:clap:

CalgaryB5
02-05-2004, 06:35 PM
Harbour City is pretty good, buh_buh likes going there for the tiger penis soup :barf:

:D

IMHO those restaurants in GTA or in Vancouver are far more better.:drool:

DaminCGY
02-06-2004, 03:44 AM
Silver Dragon Resturant because i work there and plus my grandpa owns it no joke!

nickyh
02-11-2004, 11:37 AM
Happy Valley

Right next to Silver Dragon - but with better food and cheaper prices!

BebeAphrodite
02-22-2004, 12:49 PM
I prefer whitey chinese food. I'd rather know what's in my meal then not know...

Ordered Hot & sour soup once from Sun Chiu Kee and it had intenstines in it... Pissed me off.

GTS Jeff
02-22-2004, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by CuteAsianAngel
I prefer whitey chinese food. I'd rather know what's in my meal then not know...

Ordered Hot & sour soup once from Sun Chiu Kee and it had intenstines in it... Pissed me off. whitey chinese food like the deep fried food court junk?

BebeAphrodite
02-22-2004, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by GTS Jeff
whitey chinese food like the deep fried food court junk?

nope
white chinese food like the type from New Dynasty restaurant
basically the chinese food made w/o MSG..
it sorta lacks flavor but i like it better
at least i know it has no canine meat in it
and it also makes me sick to look at kitchens and bathrooms at places like calgary court or sun chiu kee, especially u n me..
it's ilke staring at really dirty places while u eat
i'm not a fan of ginger beef etc

hockeybronx
02-27-2004, 12:58 AM
Bills Peking House.

Dinner for 2 feeds my family of 5 and I eat like a pig:thumbsup:

kev
03-03-2004, 02:38 PM
sun chui kee....Forbidden City....and all those....whitewash chinese food is alrite sometimes :poosie:

thich
03-03-2004, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by CuteAsianAngel

Ordered Hot & sour soup once from Sun Chiu Kee and it had intenstines in it... Pissed me off.

what's wrong with intestines? :D

///M3
03-09-2004, 11:31 PM
Pink pearl on hastings rated as one of the best in the world or somthin liek that. awesomely good food.

Sorath
11-27-2004, 06:18 PM
helllz yeah calgary court. cheap as hell, u can get a meal with meat, rice/spaghetti, coffee/tea,icecream,soup for just 12 bucks

dragonone
12-14-2004, 03:07 AM
i'll have to say lo day fong or calgary court for fast food
can't stand all this white-washed chinese crap that ppl eat along w/ their fortune cookies
actually i'll be bold and make a general statement that anything that delivers w/ a fortune cookie will not b orginal and gd

i'll have to agree that joey's asian fusion fd's pretty refreshing and new to my taste

LUDELVR
12-14-2004, 07:03 AM
Imperial Palace is good whitie chinese food!
Harbour City is pretty good, buh_buh likes going there for the tiger penis soup :barf: Its just too bad that last time I ate there the food ended up all over the back seat of spyguys pathfinder :rofl:
Sun Chu Kee has good fish maw soup too.

haha :rofl: Ohhh....that was a good night! And the food was good too...just too bad it didn't stay down! Poor poor spyguy!:barf: :barf:

Tux10
12-14-2004, 08:21 AM
Wow this thread was from 2003....