PDA

View Full Version : SEM/Canadian Tire Vynil Paint

ConVict
08-20-2002, 10:30 PM
and no i cant spell vynil! or if that is how you spell it i rock!
but i decided to dye my interior, so i went and got 5 cans thinking it would be close to enough, i got 4 peices done ( doors, and back speackers ) well now no one in the city has anymore, and deans is closed for a long time!
so i went to canadian tire and they had some, but totally different brand, and i hope it turns out to be the same color or else it will look like ass!
but my question is, i didnt have any primier, so i used furniture paint remover! it looks good now that some of the parts are dry, but i was told it will chip like hell and fade when its in the car!
is there anything i can do... should i just sand it down and redo it all with canadian tire crap...

or will it be fine ?

redline_13000
08-21-2002, 01:02 AM
it should be fine...dont let ppl touch though

DSM Power
08-21-2002, 09:13 AM
Not sure what to suggest about your predicament.... but it's spelled vinyl LOL... :p

Pimpingacura
08-22-2002, 09:15 PM
Not sure I understand you correctly but you said you used SEM vinyl paint first? I used that stuff and after it dried it didn't chip or peel. That is because it is made for it. I guess you could buy some extra can incase this other stuff peels so you can repaint it the right color
good luck

HRD2PLZ
08-22-2002, 10:03 PM
I think his main question was will it be okay even though he used furniture primer?

Conner- you are so ghetto! sand that shit down and redo it the right way! Use a proper plastic/vinyl primer, your vinyl paint and maybe some clear coat...

Pimpingacura
08-22-2002, 10:11 PM
I sanded my stuff down and painted it. I didn't even prime it and it worked okay. I had the sem stuff.

eur0
08-22-2002, 10:39 PM
http://www.leigh.xstreamhosting.com/leigh/mycar/august102002/Dcp01809.jpg
Im just using krylon paint, works damn well actually...Im quite impressed