PDA

View Full Version : Strange Iphone Problem?!

shakalaka
06-21-2009, 12:07 PM
Ok so I have this weird iPhone problem which I have searched for on google and can't find anything so hoping that someone here can help me out.

So previously I had 2.2.1 on it jailbroken and had tons of apps on it from cydia and hacked apps through AppStore I got via installous. I had the phone customized as in the themes and all, on the second page of springboard I had more 4 different folders using categories and had the apps sorted out in the folders.

Then I updated to 3.0 which I thought would clean everything out so I knew that and wasn't worried. Was hoping it wouldn't take out contacts and sms's etc which it didn't and I was happy enough. Then I jailbroke it sing redsnow and got Cydia back on. But this is where my problem kicks in. All the applications I previously had whether from Cydia, Installous or App Store won't show up after I download them again. For example o went and downloaded winterboard, categories and other things I had before even though they show up as installed in Cydia but they won't show up on my phone? Similarly apps from app store that I had sorted in the folder won't show up, but Facebook app which I never put in any folder has always been there and works fine. Even after syncing with iTunes some of the apps that are meant to be on the phone show up in applications section of iTunes but never show up on iPhone.

I am really hoping that someone can help me out here?

Unlaced
06-21-2009, 01:39 PM
I've had this problem with my iPod Touch. Try signing in your iTunes account (if you have one) from the App Store and re-download all the apps and it should show up then.

shakalaka
06-21-2009, 03:00 PM
I did that for example I had this movie app called Flixster before and it disappeared after the update so I went and downloaded from App Store again for which I obviously need to sign in. You see them installing and once completed it just disappears and like I said it's the same problem wig the apps I had before that I had downloaded through Cydia. What I suspect the problem is only with the apps that were in folders previously i say this cause the only app that wasn't in folders was facebook and it works fine.

eglove
06-21-2009, 03:03 PM
you have to restore to a blank backup. (not one that you previously saved).

shakalaka
06-21-2009, 03:32 PM
How would I do that?
I was thinking if I downgrade to 2.2.1 and then upgrade and do all that again. But how would I restore to a blank backup? Is there a way to save my sms's and contacts while doing this?
Thanks

eglove
06-21-2009, 03:52 PM
just click the restore button, then when it's done instead of using your backup. Just set up a new phone.

You can use an iphone extractor to get your stuff back, but to get it in the new backup is a little tough. Contacts shouldn't be a problem, they'll be in your address book on os x or your contacts in vista.

aypi
06-21-2009, 03:53 PM
you can try to download sbsettings then on the hide icons turn everything on, then respring.

shakalaka
06-21-2009, 04:13 PM
Wow the sb settings option totally worked! All the apps that weren't showing app were off in there for some reason. Thanks so much and every one else for your inputs!

aypi
06-21-2009, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by shakalaka
Wow the sb settings option totally worked! All the apps that weren't showing app were off in there for some reason. Thanks so much and every one else for your inputs!

good to hear everything works now. :thumbsup:

thats because when you put an app. in a folder using categories, it will turn off automatically on sbsetting.