PDA

View Full Version : crazy spyware issue

sevewone
06-21-2009, 02:13 PM
First off I didt mean to send this here, wrong section. Can the mods please move it, THANKS.

out of the blue it seems my computer has contracted every known spyware program there is out there. Thing is No products can fully download for me to even do a full scan. So first off I tried spyware doctor and it kept telling me I had to update the program, then when I would try to it would say An error has occured . SO I then went over to Registry Mechanic for there trial based program to see if that would work, and no. Whenever it completes the scan and tries to fix it, it says "some errors were not fixed in the evaluation program" . Wow 2 down, and none are working.
So I then went to good old AVG and when it was down installing, it says a error has occured and you must re-install this program. So of course I do that, and nothing happens.
Now it has gotten so bad that it has started to change what I typed in google, so for instance, if I search for "Free Virus software", the results will be something like "cat virus program download link". This has all happened the last like day, and no I dont want to format my comp cause theres some family memebers old music of about 303423423 songs. :banghead: . Any help is appreciated guys, thanks.

Oh yeah, and now its starting to say THIS when I click on pretty much any link. insecure internet activity. threat of virus attack message

FullMetal
06-21-2009, 03:10 PM
Try doing a system retore to another date, and this my friend is called a cherry bomb :D is has invected all of ur files on your pc, really hard to get rid of good luck

spikerS
06-21-2009, 03:14 PM
try running those programs in safe mode, and doughnuts to dollars says it will install and run fine.

topmade
06-21-2009, 03:30 PM
Malwarebytes is a good free one. Download it with the latest patches from another pc, then install and run it on the affected one.

phrozen
06-21-2009, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by FullMetal
Try doing a system restore to another date.

+1.

Start->All programs->Accessories->System Tools->System Restore.

Just restore it to a date maybe a week or so before the problems started to occur.

alloroc
06-21-2009, 11:16 PM
Your problem is that all of your so called reliable cleaning programs are crap.

Watch this video.
Burn the cd at a buddies house that has a clean pc.
Then install avira or comodo *both free set comodo's configuration to 'proactive' for ultimate protection.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4lTAgDH9pw

N4lTAgDH9pw

Edit:

Note that you need to burn 2 disks ..
one rescue cd bootup disk
one regular disk with SAS, Mbam, and avira as well as the avira update.

alloroc
06-22-2009, 01:15 PM
Why does AVGfree suck??
This is from thier own website

Anti Rootkit Protection against sophisticated threats (rootkits)
Increasingly, cybercriminals are wrapping their badware in multiple layers of disguise. These rootkits can tunnel right to the heart of your PC – hence the name. Anti-Rootkit finds these cryptic infections and roots them out.

AVG Free does not contain Anti-Rootkit protection so rootkits may be hidden in your system.

What is a rootkit you ask?
From www.bullgaurd.com ....

Rootkits are a malware inventor's dream: they are created to allow worms, bots, and other malevolent software to hide in plain sight. Rootkits are designed to hide themselves from detection by users and security programs, so they don't show up in Windows Explorer, the running processes don't display in the Task Manager, and many antivirus programs can't find rootkit-hidden malware.

A rootkit is a special program that buries itself deep into an operating system (like Microsoft Windows) for malicious activity and is extremely difficult to detect. The malicious software operates in a stealth fashion by hiding its files, processes and registry keys and it can be used to create a hidden directory or folder designed to keep it out of view from a user's operating system and security software.

If truth be told old fashioned signature based antivirus programs just can't keep up. To relaly be protected you need a second line of defence - either a behavioral malware detection system or a host intrusion protection system is vital and the free antispyware program detection rates are just too low to even be considered useful.

A better combination in lieu of an AV and antispyware combination would be to use an antivirus program - one that actually works (ie avira) in combination with a HIPS program (defense wall, or geswall) or security program that already has both built in, comodo.

All of these links have free solutions that work very well when it comes to prevention ...

www.gentlesecutity.com (geswall) (hips) reasonably few popups for a hips program takes only a short time to figure it out.
www.free-av.com (avira) (signature AV) you need an AV behind a hips in case you download something that you 'think' is safe but it turns out to be malicious.
www.comodo.com (comodo) (firewall, Signature AV, hips) - takes some knowlege to use successfully but is very powerful. The best single source prevention software I have used, also very light on resources - this is what I use.

TC06
06-22-2009, 01:17 PM
Spy Doctor sucks hardcore...use AVG and Spybot!

adam c
06-22-2009, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by TC06

you really have no clue

alloroc
06-22-2009, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by TC06

Man are you clueless - did you read any of what I posted?

AVGfree prevention - fail
3KUQ3usc090

AVGfree detection and removal - fail
8kQkykVLk8U

Spybot - MAJOR fail
KW7w0mqMGHY

You've already seen avira make a machine functional.

Comodo detection and removal - win.
jDBjsiKAYaA

Comodo prevention - win
P-Nw2ySRVQs

Geswall prevention - win
PBKNHBl-yos

Carl64
06-22-2009, 02:00 PM
All you really need is Windows Defender and maybe some antivirus. If I were you I would be doing a format c:\, but not everyone has the knowledge to reinstall Windows etc.

Be cautious about what you download/browse and you shouldn't have a problem.

wawistoner
06-23-2009, 05:07 PM
I use four apps and never have issues.

Avira
Spywareblaster
Malwarebytes
Spybot

That's all I've ever needed for the last year.

sevewone
06-23-2009, 10:42 PM
Thanks everyone for the good info. I think im guna just go in Safe mode and go through the programs recomended or just format the comp. Im gettin a external hd so ill put all the music on that I guess. Its so completely screwed right now I have to click on about 18 windows for every webpage I want to look at. I hope I can figure it out....:thumbsdow