PDA

View Full Version : The Stig Finally Revealed

dj_rice
06-21-2009, 08:39 PM
ifrtlC4NTys

Wikipedia
The White Stig was 'revealed' to be ex-Formula 1 driver Michael Schumacher on the 21 June 2009 on the first episode of the new series of Top Gear. However at the end of the show this was implied to be an elaborate joke. Schumacher was also credited as the Special Guest of the episode, separately to 'The Stig'

bituerbo
06-21-2009, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by dj_rice
ifrtlC4NTys

Wikipedia
The White Stig was 'revealed' to be ex-Formula 1 driver Michael Schumacher on the 21 June 2009 on the first episode of the new series of Top Gear. However at the end of the show this was implied to be an elaborate joke. Schumacher was also credited as the Special Guest of the episode, separately to 'The Stig'

1. See "top gear season 13" thread.
2a. 'Real' Stig is taller, the helmet fits him more properly.
2b. 'Real' Stig is more composed, not laughing when talking to Clarkson.
2c. These aren't Schumacher eyes:

http://www.myps3.com.au/img/gallery/full/6H2GLY94.jpg

Rumour has it there has been more than one stig. There are F1 drivers/Touring Car drivers who are friends of the show, who will step up to the plate whenever Ben Collins (commonly known as White Stig) is unavailable.

M. Schumacher was likely there because Ferrari wouldn't allow the FXX to be in Top Gears posession unless he was by its side at all times. Hell, Ferrari probably didn't want anyone BUT Schumacher driving the FXX, which would also explain why he was able to bang out such a scorching lap time with all the Ferrari seat time he has available to him. Clarkson/Top gear producers probably saw this as an opportune time to try and cover that 'leak' where some newspaper had proof that white stig = Ben Collins.

More convincing is the following pic. It's Lewis Hamilton standing with the Stig. Michael Schumacher and Lewis hamilton are both 174cm, or 5ft 8.5in. Ben Collins is 6ft even.

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/44273000/jpg/_44273054_hamilton_stig270.jpg

DonJuan
06-22-2009, 12:31 PM
^ Thats quite the amount of research! Well done!

Too bad you're totally wrong. Cuz I'm the Stig.

Xtrema
06-22-2009, 12:45 PM
This story actually made it on the Herald attest to Top Gear's appeal outside of car nuts.

Shunsui
06-23-2009, 02:42 PM
I knew they wouldn't do it, besides Schumaker crossed his legs, The Stig never CROSSES HIS LEGS!

Darell_n
06-23-2009, 02:51 PM
Watch the credits at the end of the epidsode. Stig is listed as well as Schumaker as a special guest. I think it was a way to get Stumaker's Ferrari on the show.

SI_futbol
06-23-2009, 04:50 PM
k fuck watch the episode, at the end they get Schumacher to do a lap and he hits the camera and smashes the windshield and miss shifts

it was a jkk

Zero102
06-25-2009, 10:10 AM
There's a yellow cayman parted on 7st / 13 ave SW with the license plate "IAMSTIG"... I thought we had it settled, he was the stig? :dunno:
I mean, I thought it was official because his M5 has the plate "MESTIG2".

That aside, it would be typical Top Gear style to set up Schumacher as the stig to keep the real stig's identity hidden. I'm of the school of thought that there are multiple stig's.

Graham_A_M
06-26-2009, 11:07 PM
Originally posted by Zero102
There's a yellow cayman parted on 7st / 13 ave SW with the license plate "IAMSTIG"

THAT is an awesome plate to have:clap: :clap: