PDA

View Full Version : Los Mariachis on MacLeod Tr

lelalong
06-22-2009, 02:13 PM
Has anyone ever been here? And is it any good? Driven by here a few times and curious if its any good. Its on MacLeod Tr near Smugglers Inn.

Los Mariachis? (http://www.losmariachis.net/our-restaurant.html)

dannie
06-22-2009, 03:21 PM
I have been once. It was good.... the service was not that great, food was a step above Taco Bell. I would still take Mi Tierra over this one.

asian_importz
06-22-2009, 04:06 PM
place is awsome...cheap and the closest thing i have ever had to authentic mexican food in this city

nonlinear
06-22-2009, 06:52 PM
i live right near there and have been twice. the first time we went, the food was pretty terrible and we vowed to never return. however, we had a two-for-one coupon from Entertainment, so decided to try it again just a couple of weeks ago cause it was so cheap. The food was much better the second time, but I absolutely agree with dannie that Mi Tierra serves far superior food. mi tierra is in an entirely different league than any mexican restaurant in alberta.

and it is NOT the most authentic food in the city.... again, i would point you towards Mi Tierra for that. while Los Mariachi's is a step up from Julio's Barrio (what a joke), the food isn't terribly authentic at all. even salt and pepper is more authentic, but their prices are outrageous for what you get :(

KyleTA
06-22-2009, 09:56 PM
Ate there once, food was absolutely terrible and it wasn't very reasonable for the quality of food... honestly would have prefrerred taco bell... The people were friendly though and they tried hard. Maybe we just ordered the wrong thing, but i'm not in a hurry to try it again.

dirtsniffer
06-22-2009, 10:18 PM
mi teirra.. where is that?

the place on macleod is worth checking out.

dannie
06-22-2009, 11:41 PM
^ The corner of Southland and Oakfield Drive. Its in the strip mall at the intersection there. AWESOME food. I think there is a thread here somewhere about it....

Found it: http://forums.beyond.ca/st/211900/mi-tierra/