PDA

View Full Version : Ferrari Dino---Car Country

R-Audi
06-22-2009, 02:26 PM
So driving down McLeod trail the other day, my attention was caught by a bright red Ferrari Dino! (70's model) Wow! what a beauty! I was shocked as its at a typical used lot.. and right out front. (First thought of something not quite being right)

I called them that day about it.. just for kicks. Turns out to be a kit car. With a VW motor. Yeck!! Funny part is the salesman didnt even know what motor it was. (" Whatever motor comes in a VW! Later it came out that its an older Beetle engine) Anyways... car looks gorgeous... and only 19k.. but not exactly the rarity I had hoped to spot...
What a shame!!

I didnt bother stopping by so there arent any pictures.. and nothing on their website.

In all seriousness.. I would consider a kit car as a toy.. but I have my heart set on a Porsche Speedster.. one day!!

atgilchrist
06-22-2009, 03:35 PM
I was at my storage unit one day earlier this spring, and a few units down from me a guy was busy pulling out his Dino.

My jaw dropped a little, but then I thought it may have been a replica, until he started it...I've never heard a Beetle engine that sounds like that. Lucky bastard.:)

atgilchrist
06-23-2009, 11:03 AM
...And then, on the walk home from work yesterday:
http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm105/atgilchrist/IMG00032.jpg

m10-power
06-23-2009, 08:18 PM
Fiero FTL...

89supradude
06-23-2009, 08:29 PM
i think those guys had a maranello ferrari there once. so sexy :eek: