PDA

View Full Version : Pharmaceutical Sales Rep Question

wintonyk
06-22-2009, 10:48 PM
Hey, I wasnt sure where to post but I figured this was best option.

Tomorrow evening I have a 3rd phone interview with a pharma company where I need to sell a fictional drug. I am creating a brochure right now for it and such. I was wondering if anyone had any advice or experience with interviews with pharma companies as this is my first.

Pacman
06-22-2009, 11:11 PM
So, are they going to make a decision on the candidate after a 3rd phone interview, or are they going to make you come back for a bunch of "face to face" interviews?

If it's the later, I would be asking why it takes so many interviews to make a short list and would also be questioning whether or not you really want to work for them.
Companies with lots of process will end up driving you crazy once you are in the field.

Anyhow, I would suspect the interviewer will be more concerned with your probing questions and whether or not you are able to develop and uncover needs with your questions, and conclude by closing and gaining some type of commitment from the doctor. I would imagine they will put little emphasis on the "brochure" and more on your ability to move business.

Good luck and happy selling!

pac