PDA

View Full Version : Subs not working

three33
06-23-2009, 06:45 AM
A few days ago i got into my car and my subs didnt work. I have checked and as far as I can tell im getting power to my amp(the red light is on). I have pulled out my deck allt he connections look fine. All the wiring to my amp looks fine. The power fuse under the hood is fine. Anyone have any ideas of what i can check next?

03ozwhip
06-23-2009, 06:56 AM
rca's and the speaker wire connections form the amp to the subs and in the sub box....

three33
06-23-2009, 08:32 AM
I checked the speaker wire from the amp to the sucb and it seems fine. I also checked the rca's both at the amp and the back of the deck, there no corrosion. Also no corrosion on my ground which is properly grounded to the body.:dunno: :dunno:

03ozwhip
06-23-2009, 08:34 AM
did you disconnect them and try other subs? try that and if they still dont work, it could be something fried in your amp....or try changing out the rcas.

old man audio
06-23-2009, 09:01 AM
take a 9 volt battery and touch the speaker wires from the sub to it and see it it makes a popping sound to verify the sub is still good.

chkolny541
06-26-2009, 12:24 PM
yea i would try a diff amp and see if its the amp thats the shits,

magicmario
06-29-2009, 11:54 AM
is the the amp light suppose to be red? on some amps it will go red when it goes into protection mode and some amps will just stay in pro. mode.
So if you know what color the amp illumination is suppose to be or what type of amp it is would help. because some amps have reset buttons that will take it out of pro. mode

FullMetal
06-29-2009, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by magicmario
is the the amp light suppose to be red? on some amps it will go red when it goes into protection mode and some amps will just stay in pro. mode.
So if you know what color the amp illumination is suppose to be or what type of amp it is would help. because some amps have reset buttons that will take it out of pro. mode

I was just about to say what u said, most amps come green lights or blue lights when they have power :nut: and when they go in to protection mod they always turn red or when they over heat. OP check the light again and if its red then dissconect the amp fully and reconnect it again and see if that works or check the fuses on the amp it self

jswankster
08-19-2009, 09:50 AM
check the ground wire for corrosion

Tarrantula
08-19-2009, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by magicmario

if its an MTX amp it could be red. Mine are red when the subs are working.