PDA

View Full Version : Killing Ants

bignerd
06-25-2009, 01:27 PM
Need some help or suggestions for killing some ants that have taken up residence in a planter, under my brick path and I think in some of my sod beside the path.

My husband has torn up some of the path to find where they are coming from and has also had a little fun with gasoline and a lighter. I have tried Borax as I heard they like to eat this and it kills them, I have mixed it with sweet things too in hopes they will like it (which they don't seem to care for either way). Also have poured several pots of boiling water on major gatherings and points of entrance/exit.

Any other tips?

D'z Nutz
06-25-2009, 01:48 PM
I followed lint's advice in this thread on an ant problem I had. It worked pretty well.

http://forums.beyond.ca/st/220657/help-my-yard-is-being-over-run-with-ants-/

Bizzareo
06-25-2009, 02:27 PM
STEP ON THEM! : D

cooperS
06-25-2009, 03:29 PM
pour bleach on it. but it will kill the grass

snoop101
06-25-2009, 03:36 PM
there used to be this round jar that you put down. the ants come and grab the poison and take it back to there nest. It then kills the queen (i think its a queen). you need to kill the source and not just the ants outside.

Ask your local hardware store, they should know.

Tomaz
06-25-2009, 03:52 PM
Small explosives and a magnifying glass.

00redLUDE
06-25-2009, 03:53 PM
dishwashing liquid (ie sunlight) and hot water. First hand experience that it works.

extm88
06-26-2009, 10:09 AM
At least you dont have them in your home on the top floor.
Im wondering where the **** they are coming from.

Weapon_R
06-26-2009, 10:45 AM
When I had a similar problem I tried all of the storebought garbage and nothing worked. I went to Poulins Exterminators and purchased their recommended treatment. It was pricey at around $80, but it was about the same I had already wasted on things like Raid and sprays, etc.

Anyways, it completely annihilated the problem in a few hours. The ants completely disappeared and I haven't seen anything in the hill they once had for 2 years now. Go to Poulins and see what they have, you won't be disappointed.

Tik-Tok
06-26-2009, 03:01 PM
Ants, huh? We had quite a severe ant problem at the vineyard this year. I had Art Garfunkel come by with his compressor,and we created a total vacuum outside the house, and we blew the ants out the front door. But I'm sure you high-tech NASA people could care less about our resort-town ways.

snoop101
06-26-2009, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by Tik-Tok
Ants, huh? We had quite a severe ant problem at the vineyard this year. I had Art Garfunkel come by with his compressor,and we created a total vacuum outside the house, and we blew the ants out the front door. But I'm sure you high-tech NASA people could care less about our resort-town ways.

Is this an inside joke or you just smokin something today?

Tik-Tok
06-26-2009, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by snoop101

Inside joke I suppose, if by inside joke, you mean 10% of North America, that would probably know what I'm talking about.

D'z Nutz
06-26-2009, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by snoop101

Listen, snoop101, Tik-Tok is not as laid back as people think.

bignerd
06-26-2009, 05:45 PM
Poulins it is then. Thanks

AG_Styles
06-27-2009, 08:58 AM

hahahahah classic. :thumbsup:

Jonel
06-27-2009, 11:20 PM

bravo sir bravo, that was really well placed =D