PDA

View Full Version : Help with Toyota suspension trouble

DonJuan
06-25-2009, 03:32 PM
Hey guys, I just bought a 94 Hilux Surf. The problem is I have noticed that the front right of the truck is is maybe an inch or 2 lower than the front right. Also if I push up and down on the front right corner, I can get it to bounce pretty high and can get it to move around alot, but it quickly stabilizes after I stop pushing on it. If I try the same thing on the front left it doesn't move much at all. The truck only has 49000KMs on it and is completely stock. I've crawled under to look for anything broken, hanging, or leaking, but cant see anything. Front right shock looks good, and from what I can see of the torsion bar it looks to be attached and good as well. I havn't got the chance to put it up in the air and thoroughly check it.

Also, it came with a factory option that changes the suspension setting to "Soft and Hard" any ideas about this?

Any ideas on what might be wrong? Point me in the right direction?

CelicaST-162
06-25-2009, 05:39 PM
Assuming you're comparing with the front left. Take it to a shop and get an alignment done on it. Tell them the one side is sagging a little. Since you're there upgrade to some OME Shocks. It sounds like your right side torsion bar is sagging a little bit, and adjustment can be made as long as the adjuster are not maxxed out already.

DonJuan
06-25-2009, 07:03 PM
Cool thanks vic, I'm getting an alignment done pretty quick here. I guyss I'll see what they say. The tortion bars at at stock ride height, for now...

Freeskier
06-28-2009, 08:39 PM
So is the front right bouncing alot when you push on it? I thought that would indicate a blown shock. I had to replace the rear shocks on the 4runner because of that, and it eliminated the good old toyota ass sag at the same time

DonJuan
07-03-2009, 05:37 PM
Just did the alignment, turns out that the front right was actually fine, it was the front left that was adjusted too high causing it to lean slightly. I guess I'm just used to stiff suspension. This thing rides too soft! Time to crank those torsion bars and slap some 33" mudders on there.

Thanks for the help guys!

Redlyne_mr2
07-03-2009, 07:55 PM
Awesome! Any pics? What engine is in yours?

CelicaST-162
07-04-2009, 12:17 AM
Originally posted by DonJuan
Just did the alignment, turns out that the front right was actually fine, it was the front left that was adjusted too high causing it to lean slightly. I guess I'm just used to stiff suspension. This thing rides too soft! Time to crank those torsion bars and slap some 33" mudders on there.

Thanks for the help guys! :D

Anytime!

DonJuan
07-04-2009, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2
Awesome! Any pics? What engine is in yours?

No pics yet, still need to install the usual bangin stereo and give it a good polish. Pics coming soon. It's got the uber kewl 1KZ-TE in it.