PDA

View Full Version : 06-09 Civic Si Flashpro Local Tuners

Darkane
06-25-2009, 05:36 PM
Since Hondata came out with the Flashpro for the new K20 in the Si, any local tuners had one yet?

Thinking of going this route.

gpomp
06-25-2009, 11:42 PM
any tuner with experience tuning rsx's with k-pro should be fine. other than boost...

Darkane
06-26-2009, 11:57 AM
That's what I was thinking. There are some differences, but nothing a Kpro guy can't handle I'm sure.

Maybe Speedtech will do a Group buy for some Beyonders?

;)

JKL@STRD
07-02-2009, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by Darkane
That's what I was thinking. There are some differences, but nothing a Kpro guy can't handle I'm sure.

Maybe Speedtech will do a Group buy for some Beyonders?

;)

ya we can look into a group buy :thumbsup:

if we can get 10 or more i can offer you guys a better price and a free intake manifold gasket :bigpimp:

Mr_ET
07-06-2009, 08:22 AM
Matt at Tecmotion could tune it he has experience with the K pro

Darkane
08-23-2011, 05:36 PM
Bumping this thread.

So anybody play with this thing? It's pretty sweet.

Just got one, played with the MAF, and MAP tunings.

MAP is hands down better, while MAF might see better fuel economy, the Throttle response, no rev hang etc of MAP is better.

If anyone has the software I can post my Datalog to be viewed.

Good stuff :thumbsup:

gyu
08-28-2011, 02:16 PM
I have one but I didn't think the changes were that drastic, maybe it's because I only have intake and exhaust. I chose the injen CAI MAP to use.

Darkane
08-28-2011, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by gyu
I have one but I didn't think the changes were that drastic, maybe it's because I only have intake and exhaust. I chose the injen CAI MAP to use.

Wierd. I can get my tires just ready to loose traction in first gear if I hammer it. No chance before.. Mind you I'm 700ft above sea level and you're 3400. Post up a datalog so we can have a look.

gpomp
08-29-2011, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by gyu
I have one but I didn't think the changes were that drastic, maybe it's because I only have intake and exhaust. I chose the injen CAI MAP to use. i used to use the injen cai map and now i have a tune from jeff evans. the difference is night and day. i couldn't believe how bad the hondata basemap was.

gyu
08-29-2011, 01:28 PM
The datalog button for mine doesn't work so I can only datalog by laptop :(. I tried taking it apart to see if there's a wire unplugged but you can't take apart the plastic that's connecting directly from the datalog button so I can't see if it is a disconnected wire.

Yeah I've thought about e-tunez but I don't have many mods at this point so I don't want to have to pay now and then having to get another tune later on if I get a header or something.

Darkane
08-29-2011, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by gyu
The datalog button for mine doesn't work so I can only datalog by laptop :(. I tried taking it apart to see if there's a wire unplugged but you can't take apart the plastic that's connecting directly from the datalog button so I can't see if it is a disconnected wire.

Yeah I've thought about e-tunez but I don't have many mods at this point so I don't want to have to pay now and then having to get another tune later on if I get a header or something.

Well, you should datalog it with the computer. I mean how the hell do you know you're not running lean or rich as hell?

just because it's a hondata base map, doesn't mean it's safe lol.

Datalog, post it up.

Just for reference, My base MAF tun was rich, in the 11's from 4k to redline. That's brutal.

My base MAP tune was much better, 13:1, with a small spike to 13.4:1 at vtec and then 12.8:1 during vtec.

Thats pretty good for a base tune. Later I can tune it for my mods when I get them.

Darkane
08-29-2011, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by gpomp
i used to use the injen cai map and now i have a tune from jeff evans. the difference is night and day. i couldn't believe how bad the hondata basemap was.

Did you datalog the stock tune? I wanna see how bad they had it.

What other mods did you do? Did you Dyno?

gpomp
08-29-2011, 02:51 PM
i did not log it but i could tell it was pinging between 2000-3000 rpm under load. looking at the two maps, the ignition is completely different.

gyu
08-29-2011, 05:10 PM
oh yea i should've stated that I don't have a laptop which is why I can't datalog lol. I've tried on my cousin's laptop and it runs around 13:1 if I remember right