Blue
Auto or Manual? :
Manual
Odometer Reading :
115 000 KM
Location of Vehicle :
Edmonton, AB
Description :
Hey guys, up for sale is my 1992 Starlet GT. I purchased it last summer, at 94 000KM's and Have since put on approximately 20 000, so it's sitting at 115XXXkm's right now.

This is a very quick car, that despite it's engine size, easily keeps up with SR20 240's, and spanks B-series honda's handily. It weighs 1800lbs, and with my modifications, puts down about 170hp to the wheels.

With that said, here is a list of the modifications I have installed:

Chassis:
TRD Coilovers - front
KYB GR2's with speedline springs - rear
Stock rear antiroll bar
Stock front strut brace
Like new BFG Scorcher T/A tires 205/40/16
16" Rota GT3's - mint

Engine/Tranny
1.3L Twin Cam Turbo
Blitz Access ECU
Zisco mild steel exhaust manifold (cost me $530 shipped)
FMIC
2.5" Downpipe
2.5" Straight pipe exhaust
Custom Intake
Turbosmart Boost - T boost controller
HKS Wastegate actuator
AEM UEGO wideband sensor and guage
TRD Quickshift kit
Solid brass shifter bushings

Interior
Pioneer Double din touch screen DVD player
JL12W6V2 Sub
JL500/1 monoblock powering the beast
Clarion 6X9's and 4" up front
Autometer boost guage.
5 Window tint done at Malcom's

As for maintenance, the oil has been meticulously changed at 4000km with royal purple 10W40 oil and K&N filters. Coolant is fresh Toyota Longlife, and tranny lube is new Synthetic Castrol 80W90 Syngear.

The tranny is smooth, no bumps/grinds upshifting or downshifting. Clutch is stong and engagement is smooth.

Compression tested last week at an extremely healthy 165psi all across, absolutely no fluctuation - this can be verified by Matt (95integra) and his sideshow brother (corolla101 or something)

The turbo is strong and boosts to 12 and 14 psi in 3rd flawlessly. The car is very quick and has no hiccups.

Now for some pics. The body is not flawless, but nowhere near bad either.

Extras :
Awesome sound system, great fuel economy, and very quick, the car speaks for itself. Mechanic owned (by me) and no corners cut or expenses spared, the car needs nothing. This is honestly the most reliable car I've owned, I've just outgrown her now.
Asking Price :
$8000 OBO
Contact Information
E-Mail :
[email protected]
Phone :
(780) 940-0564

Pictures :
http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t210/clyson6969/IMG_1330.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v648/morethanheroes/ClysStarlet6.png
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v648/morethanheroes/ClysStarlet2.png

Have many more if requested.

I'm looking for a reasonably quick sale here guys, so no reasonable offer will be refused.

Thanks for looking.

THE GOVERNATOR
06-26-2009, 09:07 AM
make sure to show pics of the ecu

how is it working for you anyway?

n1zm0
06-26-2009, 10:22 AM
just the angle maybe but how low is that t-bolt clamp thread to the road?, you said you've outgrown it, any interest in trades?

04es
06-26-2009, 06:25 PM
what kinda of engine is in this thing

clydeo
06-30-2009, 12:01 AM
Originally posted by n1zm0
just the angle maybe but how low is that t-bolt clamp thread to the road?, you said you've outgrown it, any interest in trades?

That was right after I installed the FMIC. I've since adjusted the pipes, and it sits very pretty now. Can climb all but the most extreme driveway curbs without rubbing.

And yes, I would be interested in a rev3 MR-2. That is the only car I'm interested in, and the only reason I'm selling my baby.

Ask GOVERNTATOR, he likes my car :)

And the engine is a 1.3L Twincam turbocharged unit. Thought I posted that.

Thanks for the interest guys, like to see her gone by the end of the month, no reasonable offer's refused, and a trip to Calgary is nothing for me either. :)

clydeo
06-30-2009, 12:06 AM
Originally posted by THE GOVERNATOR
make sure to show pics of the ecu

how is it working for you anyway?

The ECU is great, torque and response went up huge. Very happy with it.

clydeo
07-03-2009, 05:29 PM
Bump.

Looking for a quick sale here guys, don't hesitate to throw me an offer!

Sparx
07-05-2009, 09:51 AM
Is there any usdm cars that this shares parts with or would pretty much everything have to be special ordered if something broke.

clydeo
07-05-2009, 11:55 AM
Shares some parts with Paseo's and Tercel's. But very few. There is actually a ton of aftermarket and OEM support for these overseas, so getting parts was never an issue.

Of course I will go over all of this with the buyer to further educate them on their purchase.

Also, will be in Calgary this weekend, so this is your chance. Will probably swing by Timmy's as well. Hope to see some of you out! :poosie:

clydeo
07-16-2009, 07:20 PM
Was in Calgary last weekend, and will be again this weekend!

Hit me up if you want to see the car, I'll be coming down friday evening and leaving on Sunday.

(780) 940-0564

TURBO TIME!!

clydeo
07-23-2009, 11:49 PM
Bump!

Was just in Calgary and Drumheller with the car, no issues whatsoever, again.

Back to the top with another OG starlet!