PDA

View Full Version : Almost owned by the schoolbus

Khyron
10-30-2003, 05:42 PM
I had just turned left onto my sidestreet and I see a school bus coming in the opposite direction towards the stop sign.

"Hrm, he's going at a pretty good clip, and it's icey", I say to myself.

Sure enough, the driver panics and locks the brakes. What do I see? Big school bus ass sliding sideways into my lane. Ok I better move to the right. Not good enough, the school bus ass cometh still. I have huge grader snow drifts on the far right, taller than my wheels but it's that or eat bus. Within inches (I could have reached out and slapped the bus) it misses, I'm almost crashing into the snow drift, but come back out. Bus driver puts his hazards on, I get out to make sure he really missed me. He sees I'm out and so he drives off. What's weird is the whole thing was in slow motion (normal for near crashes) but this time, I swear my heartrate didn't budge. I get more anxious when I see a cop car.

No damage for me - watch for those drivers people.

Khyron

buh_buh
10-30-2003, 05:43 PM
haha drifting schoolbus, I'd love to see that. Were there any kids in it?

Kona9
10-30-2003, 05:43 PM
good to hear your ok. congrats on the miss!!!!!!!

tommy1223
10-30-2003, 05:47 PM
hahah u could of reported that.

Ben
10-30-2003, 06:12 PM
damn, thats nuts!

/////AMG
10-30-2003, 06:25 PM
Phew, you just got lucky. Roads are just ice

Kamen
10-30-2003, 06:34 PM
So he jsut drove off?! :guns:

Khyron
10-30-2003, 07:27 PM
No kids that I could see (oddly enough I looked as he was sliding out). I'd call it drifting, except he wasn't turning yet. :banghead:

He knew he didn't hit me, so I guess he figured why bother - I expect he would have stayed if I'd flagged him or something. I was just checking for scratches.

I expect he'll be going slower in the future. Mini-vans and SUVs I expect, but school buses? Grr.

Khyron

ninspeed
10-30-2003, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by buh_buh
haha drifting schoolbus, I'd love to see that. Were there any kids in it?
did rage get a new job?

MK3HKS
10-30-2003, 10:09 PM
no more drifting for me, i drifted into a curb and bent the rear control arm.......but iam learnin

ill be a pro in no time:thumbsup:

CelicaST-162
10-30-2003, 10:15 PM
Im gettin pretty good at driftin (practicing makes perfect)!!! anywhoo I had a first hand encounter with a bus! Good to hear u had a miss!!!

Seanith
10-30-2003, 11:22 PM
just make sure you don't hit a school bus man. my buddy did that in his lude because his ghetto ass was too cheap to replace his bald tires in teh winter, and the insurance company bent him over pretty good. bus driver HAVE to report that shit even if their tanks aren't damaged at all.