PDA

View Full Version : Nissan Skyline GTR (1989-1993)

Schwiegz
06-26-2009, 11:43 PM
Hey everyone, one of my first posts of here and just looking for a little bit of help from all the GTR owners.

Im trying to make a budget for affording a Skyline GTR, and I would just like some advice, opinions or other information of that nature about owning one of these.

What do you usually pay for insurance a month? (I'm 18, newly licensed :) )
What do you pay for gas per month? And each time to fill up at the pump would you say it costs you.
What kind of money do you put away for maintenance fees and other unexpected costs?
How much to register, plate it and have it ready to go on the streets?

Also, any advice for me, and opinions would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks everyone,

Aaron

Sorath
06-27-2009, 12:22 AM
if u have to ask, u cant afford it

misterrick
06-27-2009, 01:01 AM
Originally posted by Sorath
if u have to ask, u cant afford it

i agree and disagree. one thing though, you cant really plan how much to put away for unexpected things because they are just that.

if you want a car like a gt-r, fuel economy should be your last concern. as far as insurance goes, you can call ANY insurance company and they will give you a quote based on YOUR record.

lastly, if this is your first car, forget you even considered a gt-r. buy something reliable. dont get me wrong i adore gt-r's but i would even bother getting one due to maintenance, etc. and i do 90% of my own work.

LASTLY lastly, prepare to get flamed. its inevitable when noobs ask about cars they have no clue about. im a rhd'er myself and i DO NOT recommend it for new drivers. its just NOT practical.

this is my non-biased opinion. take it for what it is.

black13
06-27-2009, 01:17 AM
Newly licensed? I suggest getting some good driving experience with something less powerful before going for a full sports car. Buy something cheaper and learn how to maintain it and then upgrade when you've got good knowledge of cars.

Schwiegz
06-27-2009, 01:25 AM
Ahhhh, thank you everyone for your replies.

This is what I was affraid of, unfortunatly. Im worried about costs of repairs the most to be completly honest, but now Ive really done some thinking.

As for the flamming thing, bring it on, its the internet, im ready to be bullied.

Thanks guys,
Aaron

ShermanEF9
06-27-2009, 01:26 AM
to better word what the others said

DO NOT BUY A GTR!

Last thing i want is a kid who just got his drivers to be ripping around in a RHD turbo'd car.... i like my rear bumper.

this shouldn't offend you, but consider something else... once you've been driving for a while then i'd consider a GTR... ive been driving a few years now and i still wouldn't put myself in a GTR

plus its an older car thats going to break....a lot. i know as lame as it is start with a honda... they are pretty fun and they are cheap to maintain.

misterrick
06-27-2009, 01:44 AM
Originally posted by ShermanEF9
to better word what the others said

DO NOT BUY A GTR!

Last thing i want is a kid who just got his drivers to be ripping around in a RHD turbo'd car.... i like my rear bumper.

this shouldn't offend you, but consider something else... once you've been driving for a while then i'd consider a GTR... ive been driving a few years now and i still wouldn't put myself in a GTR

plus its an older car thats going to break....a lot. i know as lame as it is start with a honda... they are pretty fun and they are cheap to maintain.

and then i'll turbo it for you when you have some more experience :thumbsup:

ShermanEF9
06-27-2009, 01:46 AM
Originally posted by misterrick

and then i'll turbo it for you when you have some more experience :thumbsup:

Thats my plan! :P... well turbo is. if you wanna do the work though! :P

misterrick
06-27-2009, 02:02 AM
Originally posted by ShermanEF9

Thats my plan! :P... well turbo is. if you wanna do the work though! :P

PM'd!