PDA

View Full Version : Test Drove 370Z

psi_klops
06-27-2009, 10:22 PM
Hey all,
I thought I would just share some thoughts on the new 370Z

Exterior looks amazing I think. Great lines on the body and the flared wheels wells give it a really aggressive look
Unfortunatly that feel doesn't transfer to the inside. I found the interior quite lacking with the cloth/ leather seats. I know that "true" sports cars opt for the cloth seat as the hold the drive and limits sliding around... but at least get some better stuff!!
The guage pods sitting on the dash don't do it for me, and that cubby in the middle of the console looks out of place (if you don't have the navi).
No sun roof.. but the topless version should be out later this year.

The drive it self was very smooth. 332hp (and about 1000lbs lighter than my G) accelartes nicely thought a broad usable powerband. You still can feel a solid pull even on the high way in 5th gear.

My other gripe would be that visibility is a little restricted when shoulder checking, but that just may be me.

I didn't get a chance to see how that rev matching down shift works ( it is an option on the sports model).

Over all a very capable sports car starting at 39K list. Sports pkg is 3K more.

2EFNFAST
06-27-2009, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by psi_klops

The drive it self was very smooth. 332hp (and about 1000lbs lighter than my G) accelartes nicely thought a broad usable powerband. You still can feel a solid pull even on the high way in 5th gear.

a 03 g35 coupe weighs ~3300lbs .... a 370z does not weigh 2300lbs; it weighs around 3300 as well.

dj_rice
06-27-2009, 11:29 PM
The RevMatch technology is pretty cool, but I'd still opt for the base model that doesnt have the RevMatch the sports model does, its more fun than letting the computer do all the work for you

And yes your right about the visibility in the rear windows issue

And goodluck with trying to get one for 42K on a sports model.......our dealership is selling them for 58K and people keep on buying them, the demand is there

BigDannyCool
06-27-2009, 11:56 PM
Originally posted by dj_rice
The RevMatch technology is pretty cool, but I'd still opt for the base model that doesnt have the RevMatch the sports model does, its more fun than letting the computer do all the work for you

And yes your right about the visibility in the rear windows issue

And goodluck with trying to get one for 42K on a sports model.......our dealership is selling them for 58K and people keep on buying them, the demand is there

they jacked up the price that much? we're still selling for msrp.

dj_rice
06-28-2009, 01:29 AM
Originally posted by BigDannyCool

they jacked up the price that much? we're still selling for msrp.

Lets just say the dealership I work for are shady....they take off all the MSRP stickers and make up their own price....but when buying a car, the buyer should already have done research to know if he/she is getting ripped or not but still shady dealership tactics....

jsn
06-28-2009, 04:03 AM

I didn't get a chance to see how that rev matching down shift works ( it is an option on the sports model).

That's like cheating. More rewarding if you have to do it yourself ;)

4doorj
06-28-2009, 09:25 AM
I think the 370z looks amazing:drool:
I would love to try one out.

Pollywog
06-28-2009, 10:23 AM
lol @ 1000lbs lighter..

I will completely agree with the materials complaint, and just the general feeling that the interior is lacking. The performance aspect of the vehicle somewhat outweigh its bland interior (as most performance vehicles do) but at least the new g coupe and convertible will give consumers the option to upgrade the styling of their interior - at the cost of adding an extra two seats and completely different styling cues. I wasn't a fan of the exterior styling on the new 370z until I saw one in person - looks beefier than its predecessor.

soloracer
06-28-2009, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by 2EFNFAST

a 03 g35 coupe weighs ~3300lbs .... a 370z does not weigh 2300lbs; it weighs around 3300 as well.

Maybe his G35 has 1000 lbs of stereo gear. ;)

max_boost
06-28-2009, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by 4doorj
I think the 370z looks amazing:drool:
I would love to try one out. lol j! is there a car you don't like? ;)

2EFNFAST
06-28-2009, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by soloracer

Maybe his G35 has 1000 lbs of stereo gear. ;)

:rofl:

if true.... :rofl: :rofl:

psi_klops
06-28-2009, 11:35 AM
in retrospect, I am sure my weight calculations were off.
I checked the sticker on my G and it said (i think) 1986kg and the 370z was 1482kg (converted at 2.2lbs/kg) I may have been looking at the wrong numbers though :banghead:

Weapon_R
06-28-2009, 12:05 PM
G35 curb weight - 3400lbs

G37 curb weight - 3590lbs

Aleks
06-28-2009, 12:25 PM
I bet some guys use to think hand cranking an engine was more rewarding when first electric starters came on the market. :zzz:

Isaiah
06-28-2009, 12:46 PM
in retrospect, I am sure my weight calculations were off.
I checked the sticker on my G and it said (i think) 1986kg and the 370z was 1482kg (converted at 2.2lbs/kg) I may have been looking at the wrong numbers though :banghead:
I think that may be the load factor for the tires.

4doorj
06-28-2009, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by max_boost
lol j! is there a car you don't like? ;)
hahaha
Im open-minded when it comes to cars.
I really think that all manufacturer's are making really cool cars. Unlike 10 years ago I would never of thought I would like a hyundai car.

But really I don't like the vw beetle's, kia forte's, the new nissan sentra's... my list can go on for a long time hahaha

ryanallan
06-28-2009, 04:18 PM
The RevMatch technology is pretty cool, but I'd still opt for the base model that doesnt have the RevMatch the sports model does, its more fun than letting the computer do all the work for you from what i have read, you are able to turn on/off the revmatch function.

dj_rice
06-28-2009, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by ryanallan
from what i have read, you are able to turn on/off the revmatch function.

That is correct, but if your gonna turn it off, you might as well buy the base model

B4tMan
06-28-2009, 05:07 PM
exciting standard / dull auto; cheap interior + limited luxury options at said price deter smart buyers from driving this decent, but not extraordinary, vehicle.

heavyD
06-28-2009, 09:10 PM
I saw one today. It looked horrible from the rear view IMO. Looks like a small waisted woman with massive hips/thighs.

scat19
06-29-2009, 08:44 AM

Lets just say the dealership I work for are shady....they take off all the MSRP stickers and make up their own price....but when buying a car, the buyer should already have done research to know if he/she is getting ripped or not but still shady dealership tactics....

I can't believe this got missed. WHAT? 16k over list? :thumbsdow

dj_rice
06-29-2009, 07:05 PM
Originally posted by scat19

I can't believe this got missed. WHAT? 16k over list? :thumbsdow

Yeap......from what I remember, the last guy paid $58K for his Silver Sport model one but maybe he was really baller and wanted that one really bad?

911fever
07-02-2009, 07:36 AM
These are great cars, and they go for 42k here in Ontario.

martinsmu
07-07-2009, 12:41 AM
After I test drove the 370Z I was kind of disapoined. I own a bmw 135i and the BMW seems alot more powerfull. Interior feels kinda cheap aswell.

It does get more looks than my 1, and is deff more of a "sports car" rather than "sports coupe". I will take a 1 over a Z any day

heavyD
07-07-2009, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by martinsmu
After I test drove the 370Z I was kind of disapoined. I own a bmw 135i and the BMW seems alot more powerfull. Interior feels kinda cheap aswell.

It does get more looks than my 1, and is deff more of a "sports car" rather than "sports coupe". I will take a 1 over a Z any day

The 135i is pretty well as fast or faster in a straight line than the 370Z at sea level so it's no surprise that it feels much faster at our altitude. FI FTW! Not really fair to compare interiors though as the only way to get a german interior is to buy a german car.

If I was going for a small 2-door I would definately go 135i over the 370Z for the same money as well.

soloracer
07-07-2009, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by martinsmu

Although the problem with owning the BMW is having to change your last name to Massengil..... ;)