PDA

View Full Version : 5DM2 CR2 Files in CS3 ?

quazimoto
06-28-2009, 01:09 PM
Is there any way to make the CR2 files from the 5D Mark II read in photoshop CS3. I was told the camera raw update hasn't been released for CS3 and there are apparently issues with CR2 files in CS3. I really hate CS4 as the layout just really doesnt work well with me.

There must be some reaosn why they won't load. What makes the 5DM2 CR2 files different than those on my 1Ds M2.

BerserkerCatSplat
06-28-2009, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by quazimoto

There must be some reaosn why they won't load. What makes the 5DM2 CR2 files different than those on my 1Ds M2.

RAW files are all encrypted in one way or another so only certain software can open them, and the encryption changes for every model of camera. CS3 is no longer supported with Adobe Camera Raw updates, and as such the final ACR version for CS3 will not open the 5DII CR2 files.

The workaround is to use either Adobe's free CR2-to-DNG converter and then open the resulting DNGs with CS3, or open the CR2's with Canon's software and resave the images as something else CS3 can open.

quazimoto
06-28-2009, 01:46 PM
Blah so uber gay. I'm beginning to get very sketchy on this 5D now. I might just have to buy CS4 to make life easier and find a way to adapt to it. I just dont like the overall layout of the program.

It also annoys me that the 1Ds Mark III still has way better pictures than the 5D Mark II.

BerserkerCatSplat
06-28-2009, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by quazimoto
Blah so uber gay.

It's Adobe, get used to it. :poosie: