PDA

View Full Version : i got a J.O.B.

Wildcat
10-31-2003, 04:58 AM
i was finally able to pick up a decent job here in lethbridge, im working as a porter at one of the larger bars here. i was wondering if anyone here had any bar experiance and what would be the best way for me to stand out and move my way up the money ladder. thanks a bunch :D

pinoyhero
10-31-2003, 06:35 AM
As in any job, work your ass off.

DUBBED
10-31-2003, 09:31 AM
at a bar... you have to fit in with the cliques as well... if they dont like you, you will have no chance of promotion... try and become friends with the managers and the rest of the staff

LUDELVR
10-31-2003, 10:21 AM
And don't forget to sleep with the beer tub girls!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: A lot of them in leth are pretty hot and when I left, most of them were getting boob jobs!! haha
what bar are you at? If it's the roady, then good for you!! hahah but be warned, the girls that work the bars there (and pretty much everywhere) are pretty high on themselves.

00redLUDE
10-31-2003, 10:45 AM
Ahhhh Lethbridge. I was there for 3 months a few years ago as part of my training. The guy I was working for was an idiot so I met three 'drinking buddies' and I would take turns going out almost everynight and drinking with one of my drinking buddies.

Good luck with your new job and if you have time you should check out Top Hats!! I went there with one of my drinking buddies on amature night and let me tell you one thing... they were no amatures!!!! :thumbsup:

Kona9
10-31-2003, 10:52 AM
Get to know the bartenders. Never forget the coolness factor. I used to be a porter back in the day in a club in Kelowna. Try your best to get to a bartender position. The bartenders have it and get it all. Unless your a meathead bartender. Work hard at the porter part but slowly start showing more interest in bartending. Get on the bartenders good side. That way when the drinks are being bought for the bartenders by hot chicks, you will be invited in on some of these free drinks. By then you will meet more people and mainly chicks, and before long you can steal the show. NEVER FORGET HOOTERS FOR SHOOTERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dave P
10-31-2003, 11:09 AM
What bar tyler?