PDA

View Full Version : EVO sale goes sour on eBay - Dealer refuses to sell car

Altezza
10-31-2003, 12:18 PM
This dealership is screwed after all the negative exposure on the net. And to think I've been to this crappy dealership before too.

Auction: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2438028950

Thread: http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=442510

4G63Power
10-31-2003, 12:31 PM
Yeah in today's digital lifestyle it doesn't take long for bad word to spread fast

pinoyhero
10-31-2003, 12:36 PM
News on the net can spread like wild fire, unfortunate situation for the dealership.

Superesc
10-31-2003, 01:19 PM
I don't think the dealership thought of the consequence online..

Super_Geo
10-31-2003, 01:26 PM
That's a huge response... wow...

I wonder if the guy will end up getting the car. It'll definately not be worth it for the dealership if news keeps on spreading at this rate.

Though most of the people don't live in the community, and it's the community not buying cars that would have the greatest effect on them. So... who knows.

Team_Mclaren
10-31-2003, 01:29 PM
We should all help spread the words!!!
It;s now on mx-3.com :D Thats 5k users

szw
10-31-2003, 01:37 PM
While the number of ppl spreading the story is quite large, I really don't think the dealer will financially suffer much because of this. They'll have a lot of internet ppl around america hating them...but who cares? Unless they actually get some media coverage in that area I don't think it's going to do anything.

It does suck though.

SinisterProbeGt
10-31-2003, 03:19 PM
It's now on probetalk.com 16,860 members there

SinisterProbeGt
10-31-2003, 03:20 PM
here is another like to another forum
http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=1088991

shelbix2020
10-31-2003, 03:32 PM
Fuckin car salesmen
lol:
http://www-personal.umich.edu/~miroth/evo.jpg
http://www-personal.umich.edu/~miroth/evo.jpg

rage2
10-31-2003, 03:40 PM
haha It's turned more into a forum advertising medium than a anti-dealership campaign :).

Betcha someone is gonna get fired... but honestly, I think this was a simple dealer mistake where they are ebay retarded (that was their first sale). It's like a pricing mistake... pretty unethical to argue with 'em IMO.

googe
10-31-2003, 03:41 PM
hahahaha

the internet is great :D

if word gets around enough, this incident could be very beneficial...next time a company thinks of ripping off a customer they may think twice, "er...wait...remember that one mitsubishi dealership...what a mess...yeah ok just give it to the guy...hell give him 2"

rage2
10-31-2003, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by googe
if word gets around enough, this incident could be very beneficial...next time a company thinks of ripping off a customer they may think twice
I think this was a listings error they had on ebay... and the customer is trying to rip off the dealer for buying a car well under invoice :).

SilverRex
10-31-2003, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by rage2

I think this was a listings error they had on ebay... and the customer is trying to rip off the dealer for buying a car well under invoice :).

welp it does not matter who is ripping off who, in the end, dealerships makes the most money, obviously the person who is trying to get the car under invoice should get "the car" simply because we live in a world where the rich is too rich and the poor is too poor, I have no problem seeing something gets done and the bidder will be rewarded for standing up to his believes.

If this gets big enough, the dealership will have no other choice but to settle it right away and quickly too, perhaps offering another evo "stock" for a below invoice price.

but ya, the world isnt fair to begin with, its the oppotunity we see in our life that we have to take advantage. What does the dealership have to loose? a few thousand bucks? but to the bidder "assuming he gets his car" that will make his day, his life and life will never be the same for him. As far as the dealership goes, woppie, just another sale. Welp there is plenty of cars waiting for them to cash in.

you will be surprise in northamerica, its all about the cosumers. Yes one complain, one person dont mean very much, but when everyone else on the internet who read about this story agrees with Mark, then we have a case.

good luck Mark.

Altezza
10-31-2003, 04:48 PM
Until that dealership does something about this, they are losing a lot of credibility. I don't think it's entirely a question of legal/illegal...more of a fact that some guy got screwed by a salesmna/dealership whether it was a mistake or not. If the guys at the dealership are smart enough, they can easily turn this around in their favour.

thich
10-31-2003, 06:40 PM
if i've learned anything in my business major it's this: bad PR screws you over

it costs a lot to fix a bad reputation.
just look at Enron :)

GTS Jeff
10-31-2003, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by SilverRex
welp it does not matter who is ripping off who, in the end, dealerships makes the most money, obviously the person who is trying to get the car under invoice should get "the car" simply because we live in a world where the rich is too rich and the poor is too poor uh no, poorness is not an excuse to steal, no matter what lenin says.

Dj_Stylz
10-31-2003, 07:55 PM
Damn That was a very nice Evo

limecorrado
10-31-2003, 08:12 PM
thats the fastest moving post i have ever seen.Damn

illeagle
10-31-2003, 08:27 PM
I'd go find the car and burn it, so nobody gets it

Shaolin
11-01-2003, 01:30 AM
jeebus, some guy gave the guy contacts to Lawyers.. I'd like to see the outcome of this.

D'z Nutz
11-01-2003, 01:52 AM
Sad thing is, no matter who ends up with that car, the dealer has to hooch someone. In this case, the ebay winner got the short end of the stick, but if he ends up with the car somehow after this attention, the person who it's supposed to go to now will be the bitch (assuming there really is another buyer).

Sounds like Calgary BMW sales tactics!

Team_Mclaren
11-01-2003, 02:53 AM
Originally posted by D'z Nutz
Sad thing is, no matter who ends up with that car, the dealer has to hooch someone. In this case, the ebay winner got the short end of the stick, but if he ends up with the car somehow after this attention, the person who it's supposed to go to now will be the bitch (assuming there really is another buyer).

Sounds like Calgary BMW sales tactics!

if u keep reading on, the car is not sold!!! they still have the car 4 sale on their lot!
:banghead: :banghead:

googe
11-01-2003, 10:24 AM
All they have to do is give Mark D another evo with the same options, not hard to please everyone here.

D'z Nutz
11-01-2003, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by Team_Mclaren

if u keep reading on, the car is not sold!!! they still have the car 4 sale on their lot!
:banghead: :banghead:

Hahaha! Well, when I started reading there were 5 pages. Then at the day when I checked again, it jumped up to 21! I don't really care enough to read through all that! Hahaha!

googe
11-04-2003, 02:04 AM
Well, the internet lynch mob won. Mark Mitsubishi just caved. Apparently with all the complaints filed at Mitsubishi North America, they got really pissed off and told the dealer to fix it. So, buddy gets an evo loaded with extra goodies for cheap!

http://www.farce.tk