PDA

View Full Version : Tire replaced

moeman
07-01-2009, 09:08 AM
We bought a new set of Michelin tires at Honda two years ago. Yesterday, my wife was told that one of them had a bulge in the sidewall and should be replaced. She told them that we had bought the tires there new and they should be under warranty, but Honda told her they had no idea what she was talking about as it wasn't in their "system" so she needed to figure out where she really bought them and go there. . So she paid for the tire and left. Got home last night and found the receipt from Honda for those tires, so what recourse do we have, if any?

n1zm0
07-01-2009, 09:15 AM
warranty on tires after 2 years? is this common? it's like trying to get warranty on rock chips, you know cause its the manufacturers fault.. plus sidewall bulges are almost a definite 90% of the time the drivers fault, either curbing or pothole. unless as i said in the other thread similar to this one, you're driving on chinese made POS tires or something.

moeman
07-01-2009, 09:29 AM
Michelin has a 6 year warranty on the tires if it's a manufacturing problem or just unusual tread wear. Because Honda just brushed off my wife and basically told her she was lying about purchasing the tires there, I'd like to pursue it a bit further before giving up. Could be a driver error issue or a flaw in the tire itself, but now that Honda's washed their hands of it and tossed the tire(I was out of town when this happened or else we'd have the tire in our possession), I can't say for sure. But I'd still like to get something back from them for calling us liars.

Standard Limited Warranty (all Michelin® tires)
What’s Covered
All Michelin® tires have a Standard Manufacturer’s Limited Warranty, which covers defects in workmanship and materials for the life of the original usable tread, or for 6 years from date of purchase, whichever occurs first. See warranty for details.