PDA

View Full Version : WTB: "broken" 15-17" LCD Monitor

Greek Wizard
07-01-2009, 10:04 PM
I was wondering if anyone had any older 15" or 17" LCDs lying around that might have broken stands, or cracks in the side/back, etc that i could take apart for a project I want to try.

The resolution needed is quite low (1024x768), however a larger resolution will be accepted should I decide to "upgrade" it.

I would rather it had no color discoloration/dead pixels but depending on price, I might just accept it regardless (depending how bad and location of the issues)

Not looking to spend much, as I can go to an auction and buy LCDs fairly cheap (I already bought an IBM one for this for $20, but would rather have a nicer, maybe slightly thinner one.

Anyways, if anyone has something that falls into the lines of what I am looking for, please let me know.

AFAIK, laptop monitors will not work, unless there is a converter for the signal to pass to a VGA port.

zieg
07-01-2009, 10:11 PM
What about one with a dead backlight?

vinc456
07-01-2009, 11:22 PM
I have a damaged 17 inch? LCD that you can have for free. My brother cracked the screen and there are dead pixels so I've been meaning to throw it out. If you're interested or want to have a look send me a PM.

Even if you already have a monitor this could be used for a practice run ;)

Bizzareo
07-02-2009, 12:57 AM
O.o

What are you making? =D

Stine
07-02-2009, 08:53 AM
I guessing hes making a multi touch screen?

www.nuigroup.com

Greek Wizard
07-02-2009, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by Stine
I guessing hes making a multi touch screen?

www.nuigroup.com

Not quite...

I have some free time on my hands (off work) so basically I want to take one apart and install it in a poker table.

http://www.instructables.com/id/Put-an-LCD-in-your-Poker-Table/

Greek Wizard
08-11-2009, 05:00 PM
Going to bump this, still looking for a broken or cheap 15"-17" LCD that fits the bill for my projrct.

Thanks.