PDA

View Full Version : Help me turn my life around - working out, bad diet

canadian_hustla
07-02-2009, 12:16 AM
Hello Beyond,

Ok so there is the deal. I surf beyond on a daily basis but have always avoided the "Health and Fitness" forum as I am too intimidated/embarrased about where I am at with my health. I have spent a good 2 hours looking through this forum and was inspired by Max_boost's thread. I want to get rid of my bad habits and change my life around. I am hoping that some of you will have some advice/tips which will help me turn things around. I am willing to listen and appreciate all advice.

Bio:
Male, 26 years old
5"11-6"0 tall
150 lbs

GOAL:
Put on at least another 20-30 lbs. Get into a consistent diet. Get into a consistent workout routine

DIETARY CONCERNS:

I work a very stressful job (sales) which leaves me with the following bad dietary habits. The problem is that my job is so demanding that I have been accustomed to this schedule. To be honest, for me it is somewhat normal and routine. I always trade eating with working harder so that I am not as stressed out.
-I never eat breakfast
-I will eat lunch on every second/third day
-Some days I will not eat a single thing all day until supper time ~ 6pm

My matabolism is absolutely amazing. I have always been skinny (ectomorph?). Some of you may suggest that I start ramping up my meals. That leads into another problem - my girlfreind is trying to eat healthy (and shed some lbs) by eating protein and veggies/fruits. We live together so everything I buy, she has the opportunity to eat and will do so. I.E. if there is pasta in the fridge than it doesn't matter how much she wants to lose weight she will eat it. I suppose she is an opportunistic eater/snacker. It is a tough equilibrium as if I buy chips - she will buy her chips that she likes. But if I hold off, she will hold off.

Moral of the story is that it isn't working and I am constantly hungry. I am sleeping shitty, I am ALWAYS hungry, and it seems like we are spinning our wheels with our progress. And to make matters worse she isn't even losing weight so it seems pointless to show "moral support" and mimick her diet with mine. I am concerned that if I ramp up my meals that she is going to do the same.

WORKING OUT:

I have procrastinated as much as possible and built myself my own work out room (complete with mirror, bench and power blocks). Hell I even painted the room grey and black so that it looks like a gym :rofl: I have never used it. I find that I never have the drive/time to want to work out. When I come home from work I am exhausted and usually fall asleep on the couch (probably because i haven't eaten anything all day).

My girlfriend and I tried p90x but failed miserably as we did it for 1 hour and then put the set away never to be used again.

My goal is that I want to build my chest and arms but I have no idea where to start. I suppose I am just asking for advice as to how to put some good workout routines together.

And finally to further complicate things I am worried that the lack of exercise etc. is ruining how I view her and I's relationship. The "attraction" and "discipline" piece is an important thing here. I am far from a self starter however once i have the tools that I need to achieve my goal I will strive hard to do so. It is completely different with her and she needs a constant push to stay on track. I have always been under the impression that it is better to be underweight than overweight and that is why I never really was concerned with this until now.

So there it is. As you can see everything is pretty much up in the air. I am looking for a full "tune up" here as I am committed to turning things around. Comments would be appreciated.

top_speed
07-02-2009, 12:27 AM
Get rid of the elephant......she is eating all your food.

FullMetal
07-02-2009, 12:57 AM
Eat meat steak, eat things that have fat in them and i dont mean fast food after eating and gaining some lbs then work out that fat lbs u gain will transform in to musle lbs and not fat, but make sure u dont get carryed away by eatting and then getting lazy to work out after make home made fattning food that should start u off:clap:

hellraiser456
07-02-2009, 03:12 AM
if you have a place to work out you are golden. don't worry so much about what you are doing and what other's think. just do something. its easy to go online and find a basic workout to start off with. after a couple of weeks you will see a difference.

Diet is very important however. its not so much eating at a certain time of day ( though this helps a lot) but getting the things your body needs. i find that i can not go and start my day with out breakfast. whether its cereal or an actually full breakfast, i need my breakfast.

you must eat. your diet sucks and you are not giving what your body needs. many people don't however and this directly effects their mood, energy levels, and generally their ability/want to do things.

i would almost say that a good diet is more important than working out. if you aren't putting in what your body needs to grow, you simply won't grow. its simple physics.

best advice i could give you is start going by the Canadian food guide. fiber and fruit and veges are very important as they contain many vitamins and nutrients your body needs. meat is mainly for protein ( which is pretty much key for building muscle), and try to slow down on sweets and fat directly. a good diet alone will completely alter your energy levels. also, booze, drugs have a huge impact on your mood and energy levels, and more importantly your hydration.

often many people will think they are hungry...and over eat, when really they simply need to drink more water. water is also very important as you can go for weeks with out food, but a few days without water...you will die. push come to shove of course. drinking water will also increase your amount of energy, and your mood. the body simply needs water(needs it).

rushing into a diet right away of regular eating however isn't good ether. you will need to sort of ease into this if your body isn't used to it. your metabolism needs time to adjust to your new diet. working out will help build muscle, but also burn calories (energy) that you aren't using in daily life. if working out isn't your style...pick up a sport or activity that is physically demanding to help burn the energy you are putting into your body. the body will adept to the environment you put it in. so right now its uesd to a minimal amount of food and water. the reason you are skinny is because you eat very little, but also burn (use) very little.

in short, changing your lifestyle right away will probably get you nowhere because you will get tired quickly, and then that is when the lazy starts kicking in. a good diet is very important. i would say 80% of your workout is a good diet. giving your body what it needs is so much more important then working off what you don't have. learn to cook your own food, and cook it. don't eat fast food or quick easy supplements. try to give your body what i needs using natural methods (eating right) rather than taking vitamins. life can be hard here when trying to find the time to eat and drink properly. but i swear to you...eating well alone will make a huge difference in your life. working out is more for burning excess energy you eat, or for getting bigger, faster for something you want to achieve. no matter what though, you can not produce something your body is lacking. your body will compensate (especially hydration) the lack of food/water intake and generally will slow down your metabolism to ensure it gets what it needs. mood and energy levels are also greatly effected by this.

tom_9109
07-02-2009, 08:38 AM
Go buy the book called 'The eat clean diet for men'. This book will get your nutrition on track. Its very motivating. And its no a 'diet' as much as a reality check on what should be considered food and eaten.

JWL
07-02-2009, 09:14 AM
There are a lot of great ideas and support here, it's a matter of how bad and hard you actually really want to make a lifestyle change. Here are some pointers that I can come out with from the top of my head.

Honestly, it's difficult to get into a routine, but once you find it, keep to it cuz it's easy to fall off the bandwagon. However, don't expect significant changes to happen, but stay consistent with your workouts and eating habits and you will see the transformation in 3-4 weeks. You will also find that you'll have more energy during the day and you will sleep better and less!

I think you should hired a personal trainer to help you get started, that way you are held accountable to go to your training sessions and knowing that you paid for them. I know of a great PT who will motivate you at your place or his. You could also request him to train both you and your GF at the same time.

Speaking about the GF, please don't be negative towards her even though you think she's gained a bit too much and don't find her as attractive. Try and be supportive even though it can be draining. If you plan on doing this together, tell her that you have to motivate each other and set some goals like doing a certain amount of pushups or situps. It's easy to be a fat slob and stuff your face. I would be doing that if I wasn't vain. :P LOL...

Anyway, like you said yourself, you need to start eating better. If you don't have time, find time during the weekend to prep all your foods for the week. This is something that you and your GF can do. For example, pre-boil eggs and eat them in your car while going to a sales meeting. Hummus is easy to make and a good source of protein (not as good a steak, but it's something). Pre-pack some almonds and raisins and put them in your car if you need a snack.

If you're going out for dinner or lunch, make healthier choices. It's easy to say that you want fries with your burger instead of a salad, but it takes small steps like that to help you achieve a greater goal.

That's all the advice that I have for you now, but I'm sure I could come up with more later on... off to the gym!

s_havinga
07-02-2009, 09:25 AM
Start with some small changes. First off grab a banana and granola bar as your running out the door to go to work. Eat them on the drive in. (I know, it's beyond, someone will probably flame me for encouraging you to eat and drive). The fact is you need to eat and if you are too busy / don't think about it at work, do it before you get there. Always keep a water bottle nearby, until I started working out 2 years ago, I NEVER drank water. Now in a typical 8 hour day at work I drink 3-4 liters of water. It will make you less hungry and is really good for your body.

On the putting on mass side, I would recommend starting small with that too. It is nearly impossible to going from never working out to working out 5 days a week so I would maybe start with 2 days, say Monday and Thursday. There is no secret to getting stronger but there is definitely some ways to make it happen faster. Here is my recommendation.

On Monday and Thursday (or Friday if you are too sore still) do:

5 sets x 5 reps:

-Bench press
-Deadlift
-Squat

That’s it, it'll take less than an hour and work your entire body, start off with a light weight so you don't injure yourself the first time at it but by about the 2nd week you should know how much your body can handle. Once you are at that point load up the weight so that you can compleate the 5th set but just barely. Do this for two months and if you don't see some serious changes in both strength and size come back on here and tell me I am an idiot.

I suspect that if you stick to this for 2 months you will start to become "addicted" to working out and you'll want more. At that point come back on here with a thread saying "I have increased my bench, Deadlift, and squat by XXX lbs what should I do now?" Not only will that give you a chance to show off your gains but it will help motivate others in your position to do something about it.

If you have interests in any sports try joining a rec team and getting some cardio in once or twice a week. Or buy yourself and your girlfriend some rollerblades and go out for half an hour or so a few times a week. It is amazing what a difference that or just going for walks will make for both you but especially to help her out.

Wow this got really lengthy; hopefully it helps you out some! Good luck, work hard, and stick with it!

ringer
07-02-2009, 10:21 AM
Just my 2 cents,

A good way for yourself and your girlfriend to start on a better lifestyle is changing your weekend plans from a movie and a dinner out to hiking, kicking a soccer ball around, join an ultimate football team, slow-pitch league or start rollerblading (s_havinga) etc.

If you take exercise out of the gym it is a great way to stay healthy and also have a lot of fun and it will do great things for your relationship.

When the two of us hike together or play slow pitch we have so much fun and support each other.

We also make homemade soup and salads with lots of beans ( I especially like chick peas) it saves tons of cash and it's easy to just throw it together in the morning for a no hassle healthy lunch.

GQBalla
07-02-2009, 10:43 AM
heres the famous IA strength based workout.

Monday
Squat or box squat 2-3 x 5
Glute/Ham Raises or pullthroughs 3 x 10
Bent Row or Chest Supported row 4 x 6
Barbell or Dumbbell Curl 3 x 8
Calf Raises 3 x 15

Wednesday
Bench Press or low board press 3 x 5, or 3 x 3
Incline Dumbbell Bench Press 4 x 8
Military or Dumbbell Shoulder Press 3 x 8
Skull Crushers 3 x 10
Ab work 3 x 10

Friday
Deadlift or rack deadlift 2-3 x 5
Leg press 2 x 10
Chin or lat pull-down 4 x 6
Calf Raises 3 x 15

Monday
Incline bench press or Incline Dumbbell Press 3 x 5, or 3 x 3
Dumbbell Bench Press 4 x 8
Tricep pushdowns 3 x 10
Ab work 3 x 10

big compound lifts, you definitely got to eat.

you have to eat more, you probably won't have to change what you and the GF buy since she is trying to eat proteins and greens.

Eat eat eat.

i was your weight last summer and im 5"8, im now 170 and stronger than i have ever been and much leaner.

search around in the forums lotsa guys here know what they are talking about.

Oz-, Kutt3r, Lint, Darkane etc etc

keep your workout simple, and remember you have to REST,

working out is only part of the process, get your diet in check, rest and mentality all has to be there.

with strength comes size

dirtsniffer
07-02-2009, 03:47 PM
you want to gain 30 pounds?

eat an extra 2500 calories a day, even more if you dont start gaining a pound a week.

and dont focus on your chest and arms lol... :whipped:

bubbley
07-02-2009, 04:04 PM
30 pounds of muscle = need juice

Darkane
07-02-2009, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by bubbley
30 pounds of muscle = need juice

Hahaha. Reality check - No you don't skip.

Darkane
07-02-2009, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by dirtsniffer
you want to gain 30 pounds?

eat an extra 2500 calories a day, even more if you dont start gaining a pound a week.

and dont focus on your chest and arms lol... :whipped:

That's unbelievably bad advice. 2500 EXTRA cals a day?

Dude that's a recipe to become fat FAST.

When eating to gain lean, the Rule of thumb is 500-800(ultra clean) cals/day.

OP, you gotta make baby steps. This is a broad broad field with to many variables and different goals.

Start with eating breakfast. Something simple eat the pre-packaged oatmeals (Little packets - Just add boiling water ultra easy), eat a banana and a glass of skim milk.

Lunch eat a can of tuna on Whole wheat, or a grilled chicken salad.

For Dinner eat a nice lean meat protion of beef, turkey, Fish with steamed veggies, or grilled veggies etc.

For snacks eat fruit, and if you can enjoy a handful of mixed nuts! Almonds are great filler and awesome for you.

Baby steps. Once this is established then we can move on to specialize.

For routine the Iron addict routine posted is amazing for beginners. It's low Volume, only 3 days a week and you will make good progress.

Then as stated above, on the weekends or weeknights go for a walk with girlfriend, go hiking, biking, More sex (seriously - It will help you testosterone levels as well) anything to increase activity.

canadian_hustla
07-02-2009, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by top_speed
Get rid of the elephant......she is eating all your food.

next...

Originally posted by FullMetal
Eat meat steak, eat things that have fat in them and i dont mean fast food after eating and gaining some lbs then work out that fat lbs u gain will transform in to musle lbs and not fat, but make sure u dont get carryed away by eatting and then getting lazy to work out after make home made fattning food that should start u off:clap:

good idea. Supper usually consists of a steak, or pork chops or something like that. It is getting into the habit of healthy breakfasts lunches etc. that is the real problem

Originally posted by hellraiser456
best advice i could give you is start going by the Canadian food guide. fiber and fruit and veges are very important as they contain many vitamins and nutrients your body needs. meat is mainly for protein ( which is pretty much key for building muscle), and try to slow down on sweets and fat directly. a good diet alone will completely alter your energy levels. also, booze, drugs have a huge impact on your mood and energy levels, and more importantly your hydration.

often many people will think they are hungry...and over eat, when really they simply need to drink more water. water is also very important as you can go for weeks with out food, but a few days without water...you will die. push come to shove of course. drinking water will also increase your amount of energy, and your mood. the body simply needs water(needs it).

rushing into a diet right away of regular eating however isn't good ether. you will need to sort of ease into this if your body isn't used to it. your metabolism needs time to adjust to your new diet. working out will help build muscle, but also burn calories (energy) that you aren't using in daily life. if working out isn't your style...pick up a sport or activity that is physically demanding to help burn the energy you are putting into your body. the body will adept to the environment you put it in. so right now its uesd to a minimal amount of food and water. the reason you are skinny is because you eat very little, but also burn (use) very little.

in short, changing your lifestyle right away will probably get you nowhere because you will get tired quickly, and then that is when the lazy starts kicking in. a good diet is very important. i would say 80% of your workout is a good diet. giving your body what it needs is so much more important then working off what you don't have. learn to cook your own food, and cook it. don't eat fast food or quick easy supplements. try to give your body what i needs using natural methods (eating right) rather than taking vitamins. life can be hard here when trying to find the time to eat and drink properly. but i swear to you...eating well alone will make a huge difference in your life. working out is more for burning excess energy you eat, or for getting bigger, faster for something you want to achieve. no matter what though, you can not produce something your body is lacking. your body will compensate (especially hydration) the lack of food/water intake and generally will slow down your metabolism to ensure it gets what it needs. mood and energy levels are also greatly effected by this.

This is fantastic advice and I appreciate you taking the time to lay it out for me. You are absolutely right on all counts, and I think it is something that I needed to hear. You are bang on with the lack of eating/exercise. Funny thing is that I am absolutely STARVING when I hit all my meals all day. But I can go a whole day without eating a single thing and usually be OK.

Originally posted by tom_9109
Go buy the book called 'The eat clean diet for men'. This book will get your nutrition on track. Its very motivating. And its no a 'diet' as much as a reality check on what should be considered food and eaten.

I hate reading but I will take your advice on this.

Originally posted by JWL
There are a lot of great ideas and support here, it's a matter of how bad and hard you actually really want to make a lifestyle change. Here are some pointers that I can come out with from the top of my head.

Honestly, it's difficult to get into a routine, but once you find it, keep to it cuz it's easy to fall off the bandwagon. However, don't expect significant changes to happen, but stay consistent with your workouts and eating habits and you will see the transformation in 3-4 weeks. You will also find that you'll have more energy during the day and you will sleep better and less!

I think you should hired a personal trainer to help you get started, that way you are held accountable to go to your training sessions and knowing that you paid for them. I know of a great PT who will motivate you at your place or his. You could also request him to train both you and your GF at the same time.

Speaking about the GF, please don't be negative towards her even though you think she's gained a bit too much and don't find her as attractive. Try and be supportive even though it can be draining. If you plan on doing this together, tell her that you have to motivate each other and set some goals like doing a certain amount of pushups or situps. It's easy to be a fat slob and stuff your face. I would be doing that if I wasn't vain. :P LOL...

Anyway, like you said yourself, you need to start eating better. If you don't have time, find time during the weekend to prep all your foods for the week. This is something that you and your GF can do. For example, pre-boil eggs and eat them in your car while going to a sales meeting. Hummus is easy to make and a good source of protein (not as good a steak, but it's something). Pre-pack some almonds and raisins and put them in your car if you need a snack.

If you're going out for dinner or lunch, make healthier choices. It's easy to say that you want fries with your burger instead of a salad, but it takes small steps like that to help you achieve a greater goal.

That's all the advice that I have for you now, but I'm sure I could come up with more later on... off to the gym!

amen brother. I bought a 4 kg pack of trailmix from Costco and it was all systems go. I totally agree about the nuts and raisins. I like the idea of forcing myself to eat while on the go and I appreciate the boiled egg idea. And to respond to your comment about the g/f, I have pushed for 5 1/2 years and yes it is absolutely draining and frustrating. Unfortunately, I am a hypocrite and got into the daily drinking/watching TV phase

Originally posted by s_havinga
Start with some small changes. First off grab a banana and granola bar as your running out the door to go to work. Eat them on the drive in. (I know, it's beyond, someone will probably flame me for encouraging you to eat and drive). The fact is you need to eat and if you are too busy / don't think about it at work, do it before you get there. Always keep a water bottle nearby, until I started working out 2 years ago, I NEVER drank water. Now in a typical 8 hour day at work I drink 3-4 liters of water. It will make you less hungry and is really good for your body.

On the putting on mass side, I would recommend starting small with that too. It is nearly impossible to going from never working out to working out 5 days a week so I would maybe start with 2 days, say Monday and Thursday. There is no secret to getting stronger but there is definitely some ways to make it happen faster. Here is my recommendation.

On Monday and Thursday (or Friday if you are too sore still) do:

5 sets x 5 reps:

-Bench press
-Deadlift
-Squat

That’s it, it'll take less than an hour and work your entire body, start off with a light weight so you don't injure yourself the first time at it but by about the 2nd week you should know how much your body can handle. Once you are at that point load up the weight so that you can compleate the 5th set but just barely. Do this for two months and if you don't see some serious changes in both strength and size come back on here and tell me I am an idiot.

I suspect that if you stick to this for 2 months you will start to become "addicted" to working out and you'll want more. At that point come back on here with a thread saying "I have increased my bench, Deadlift, and squat by XXX lbs what should I do now?" Not only will that give you a chance to show off your gains but it will help motivate others in your position to do something about it.

If you have interests in any sports try joining a rec team and getting some cardio in once or twice a week. Or buy yourself and your girlfriend some rollerblades and go out for half an hour or so a few times a week. It is amazing what a difference that or just going for walks will make for both you but especially to help her out.

Wow this got really lengthy; hopefully it helps you out some! Good luck, work hard, and stick with it!

Thanks for the advice. I drink a ton of water at work (i suppose it is what keeps me going without actually eating anything) We do have rollerblades but rarely use them. I like the idea of starting off working out 2 days a week. I have tried going from nothing to full out routine and usually pull a muscle in the second session. It puts me out of commission for a week or so. LOL. Great idea about showing satisfaction with the personal gains. That sounds like a plan and I cannot wait to inspire others to do the same. Drinking/watching TV is a shitty cycle that is very hard to get out of. Mix that with stress and you have a receipe for disaster.

Originally posted by ringer
Just my 2 cents,

A good way for yourself and your girlfriend to start on a better lifestyle is changing your weekend plans from a movie and a dinner out to hiking, kicking a soccer ball around, join an ultimate football team, slow-pitch league or start rollerblading (s_havinga) etc.

If you take exercise out of the gym it is a great way to stay healthy and also have a lot of fun and it will do great things for your relationship.

When the two of us hike together or play slow pitch we have so much fun and support each other.

We also make homemade soup and salads with lots of beans ( I especially like chick peas) it saves tons of cash and it's easy to just throw it together in the morning for a no hassle healthy lunch.

Great idea. We are not gym people so it would be nice to do some extra cirricular activities outside of the norm.

Originally posted by GQBalla
heres the famous IA strength based workout.

Monday
Squat or box squat 2-3 x 5
Glute/Ham Raises or pullthroughs 3 x 10
Bent Row or Chest Supported row 4 x 6
Calf Raises 3 x 15

Wednesday
Bench Press or low board press 3 x 5, or 3 x 3
Incline Dumbbell Bench Press 4 x 8
Skull Crushers 3 x 10
Ab work 3 x 10

Friday
Deadlift or rack deadlift 2-3 x 5
Leg press 2 x 10
Chin or lat pull-down 4 x 6
Calf Raises 3 x 15

Monday
Incline bench press or Incline Dumbbell Press 3 x 5, or 3 x 3
Dumbbell Bench Press 4 x 8
Tricep pushdowns 3 x 10
Ab work 3 x 10

big compound lifts, you definitely got to eat.

you have to eat more, you probably won't have to change what you and the GF buy since she is trying to eat proteins and greens.

Eat eat eat.

i was your weight last summer and im 5"8, im now 170 and stronger than i have ever been and much leaner.

search around in the forums lotsa guys here know what they are talking about.

Oz-, Kutt3r, Lint, Darkane etc etc

keep your workout simple, and remember you have to REST,

working out is only part of the process, get your diet in check, rest and mentality all has to be there.

with strength comes size

Fantastic advice. I really appreciate the work out schedule (it is exactly what I was looking for). I have these stupid charts that have 20+ exercises per day and thought that it was a waste of time and energy. That is another thing that put me off from working out.

Originally posted by Darkane

That's unbelievably bad advice. 2500 EXTRA cals a day?

Dude that's a recipe to become fat FAST.

When eating to gain lean, the Rule of thumb is 500-800(ultra clean) cals/day.

OP, you gotta make baby steps. This is a broad broad field with to many variables and different goals.

Start with eating breakfast. Something simple eat the pre-packaged oatmeals (Little packets - Just add boiling water ultra easy), eat a banana and a glass of skim milk.

Lunch eat a can of tuna on Whole wheat, or a grilled chicken salad.

For Dinner eat a nice lean meat protion of beef, turkey, Fish with steamed veggies, or grilled veggies etc.

For snacks eat fruit, and if you can enjoy a handful of mixed nuts! Almonds are great filler and awesome for you.

Baby steps. Once this is established then we can move on to specialize.

For routine the Iron addict routine posted is amazing for beginners. It's low Volume, only 3 days a week and you will make good progress.

Then as stated above, on the weekends or weeknights go for a walk with girlfriend, go hiking, biking, More sex (seriously - It will help you testosterone levels as well) anything to increase activity.

Good point on the baby steps. It would be good to have a transition period from going from nothing into a healthy diet/work out routine. We have basically cut carbs from our diets and supper normally consists of 2 pork chops and some greens.

Should I be concerned with no eating any carbs? I have heard from some people that carbs are critical when building muscle.

Darkane
07-02-2009, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by canadian_hustla

Should I be concerned with no eating any carbs? I have heard from some people that carbs are critical when building muscle.

For you, I'd say include them. For your girlfriend who is trying to lose weight, minimize them.

That's the issue with dieting and in your case looking to maybe drop a couple pounds of unwanted pudge and packing on quality lean mass.

You'll see gains strictly on the fact you're new to this. I wouldn't worry about low carb diets quite yet. Get a tooth for healthy eating first, it'll make the transition to a more specialized diet later on much eaiser.

One problem I found with people is I could fill their heads with information for days, then they tried to apply even 30% of it and it got to over whelming.

Baby steps ;)

Quite honestly you might find yourself comfortable in 6 months and won't need a crazy diet or workout routine like you originally thought.

It happens - people just drop it after a while too.

claire909
07-16-2009, 03:16 AM
I think you both should start living a healthy life style by adding exercise,meditation and moderation in every aspect of your life be it diet or any thing.Eat healthy foods.Do not avoid your meals.

Take your meals on time ,breakfast like a king,lunch like a prince and dinner like a pauper.

max_boost
07-16-2009, 07:21 PM
Originally posted by canadian_hustla
I have spent a good 2 hours looking through this forum and was inspired by Max_boost's thread.

NICE!

Here is an amazing site and can answer all your questions on lifting, diet etc.

http://stronglifts.com/

READ IT!

Good luck to you and as my master said, it's a marathon, not a race. Change yourself for the better. You WILL see results so stick with it!

:clap:

sputnik
07-16-2009, 10:14 PM
You aren't skinny because you have a good metabolism.

You are skinny because you are borderline anorexic.

Your metabolism actually is probably VERY poor due to a low caloric intake and poor nutrition.