PDA

View Full Version : A&B Sound Extended Warranty BS! Help!

wilke
07-02-2009, 02:17 PM
Hi Everyone,

I purchased a Toshiba 44" DLP television in 2007 from A&B Sound with the TV I also bought the extended warranty.

7 Months ago the TV broke as one of the circuit boards got messed up. After speaking with the extended warranty people they informed me to take it to a specific repair shop. It was at the repair shop for 6 months and it was determined this part could not be ordered from anywhere as they aren't made anymore.

I spoke with the warranty people again who informed me to send in the documentation showing they could not find the part and they would reimburse me for the TV. I have sent them in a copy of the letter from the repair shop and received back a letter that states:

"Unfortunately, your claim cannot be processed because parts are no longer available. As per the terms and conditions of your policy, we are not responsibile for our inability to repair the coverage."

Now my agreement clearly states that if the TV cannot be repaired in 60 days or a part cannot be found they will replace the tv with one of comparable features. No where in the extended warranty documentation does it state they may change the terms of the agreement with or without notice. Additionally during the process of the claim they sent me a letter showing "Aggregate limit of liability: $1499.99".

Has anyone else had this sort of problem and found anyway to make them stand up to the agreement? Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks.

cdnsir
07-02-2009, 02:59 PM
Wait didn't A&B go under last year?

snoop101
07-02-2009, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by cdnsir
Wait didn't A&B go under last year?

Either way they use a 3rd party for warrenty.

What's amazing is how long the TV repair shop took to tell you that they cant get the part. Which to me seems like a bunch of bs, because I used to work as a tech and we could always get parts.

Mibz
07-02-2009, 05:40 PM
Holy fuck, my warranty is still good? Who do I phone?
My TV is fine but maybe I can get a free calibration and convergence outta them.

Power_Of_Rotary
07-02-2009, 06:44 PM
never buy electronics from A&B sound, visions, soundsurround if you are the type to care about warranty

go to futureshop/bestbuy they will back up their warranty and its alot easy to deal with

Cos
07-02-2009, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by Power_Of_Rotary

go to futureshop/bestbuy they will back up their warranty and its alot easy to deal with

haha since when? I have NEVER had an easy time with my warranty from there. I have just come to expect that a warranty is a BS term

snoop101
07-02-2009, 06:58 PM
never buy electronics from A&B sound, visions, soundsurround if you are the type to care about warranty

where do you live? lol. Futureshop/bestbuy was always known for there push you out the door fast sales and bad warranty.

A&B Sound back in the days was the best place to go. They went down hill after they got bought out.

eblend
07-02-2009, 07:45 PM
Where did you take your TV to? Southland TV repair repaired my DLP super fast..

copynpaste
07-02-2009, 10:13 PM
Well A&B is out of business now so this comes as no surprise.

xLostx
07-03-2009, 03:08 PM
your local sony style is a good option if anyone is out for a tv, you're dealing directly with the manufacturer and their extended warranty is much cheaper than best buy/future shops. they use a repair depot located in calgary as well which is nice too

ruffryder
07-03-2009, 04:47 PM

What are you talking about? Visions has one of the best extended service plan in the industry, and was the first company to give you your money back in store credit if you didnt have to use the service plan. You are right about one thing tho, Places like BB and FS are a lot more lienent with exchange/returns than the rest..

back on topic.. i worked at A&B Sound last year right before they went under, i was wondering what would happen to all the extended warrenties customers purchased over the years and they told us that they used a seperate insurance company to handle all those claims and that it was no longer A&B Sounds problem.

sorry buddy but i think your SOL on this one.. but im sure if you keep pushing the terms and conditions of the warrenty under thier noses and keep presisting im sure they'll at least reimburse you for a new TV... well at least i hope they do. GL. :dunno:

WhippWhapp
07-03-2009, 07:24 PM
I know it's too late now, but always put these kind of purchases on your CC...

wilke
07-04-2009, 09:46 AM
Thanks for the advice all, just to clarify a few things posted above.

The TV was taken to Bestech Electronics in Calgary for repair, this was the store that could not source the board.

To my knowledge Future Shop, Best Buy, London Drugs, Leons, The Brick all use the same extended warranty company as I'm currently dealing with.
They are known by quite a few different names, The Walker Group, Serivce Plan, W3 Solutions.

I was wondering if I would be better off contacting a lawyer to write a response to this as it seems to clearly state they owe me $1499.99? Since they have been stringing me along this whole way, the TV has since been recycled by Bestech as Walker Group told me it would be replaced if they could not source the part.