PDA

View Full Version : Where to get insurance for a RHD car???

..*JDM Hatch*..
07-02-2009, 05:22 PM
Hey,so here is the deal.

I am about to Purchase a Nissan Skyline,But the problem i am having is that i cannot find an Insurance Company that will even think about insuring the car.

So what Insurance company can i go through that will insure a Skyline???

Like,i have been driving for 2.5 years,and i have a perfect driving record.

Please help me out with this JDM owners.

Thanks.

Twin_Cam_Turbo
07-02-2009, 05:23 PM
TD

..*JDM Hatch*..
07-02-2009, 05:25 PM
Do you know how TD is for Pricing at all?

I am looking for a company that is NOT over $500 a month.

FLARE
07-02-2009, 05:26 PM
LIKE TD. call them.

Twin_Cam_Turbo
07-02-2009, 05:26 PM
I pay about $170 a month with TD for a JDM.

5000Audi
07-02-2009, 05:27 PM
take it back to japan where it belongs lol...

call blue circle

Kardon
07-02-2009, 05:43 PM
I'm going through RBC's insurance, I'd recommend you talk to them. Even at the age of my car they didn't want any inspection/safety papers.

Twin_Cam_Turbo
07-02-2009, 05:50 PM
RBC would not insure a RHD vehicle for me.

Ukyo8
07-02-2009, 06:14 PM
http://forums.beyond.ca/st/259367/full-coverage-on-rhd-vehicles/

Kardon
07-02-2009, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by Twin_Cam_Turbo
RBC would not insure a RHD vehicle for me.

Hmm, maybe that's because you're looking for full coverage? I dunno, but with PLPD (min) I didn't have any trouble and am paying under 170/month for my first car which isn't bad.

night888
07-02-2009, 06:31 PM
Like others in this thread have said, TD will probably be your best bet for insuring a RHD vehicle. Many companies still are slow to offer physical damage coverage for RHD, and some will add ridiculous deductibles.

Keep in mind, however, that there is a fair difference between TD Meloche rates (if you are an engineer/u of a grad/Chartered Accountant/etc. etc.) and normal Primmum rates...make sure you sign up with Meloche Monnex and not Primmum.

EDIT: Some people in the other thread suggest ING...usually TD Meloche rates tend to edge out the ING rates. TD rates with alumni are usually close to or better than ING Novex (group discounts for hospital workers, etc.) rates, while TD rates for Apegga (engineers) are pretty much untouchable.

EDIT2: Customer service is another question entirely. Keep in mind that with TD you will always be dealing with a call center for everything, and that your experiences will vary heavily (on one call you may get someone fresh out of training who can't figure out why the VIN of your RHD vehicle won't "work" in their system...on another call you'll get someone who's worked there for ages who still thinks you can't get physical damage coverage without an appraisal for it.)

Masked Bandit
07-02-2009, 09:04 PM
As a general note, over the next while it's going to get tougher and tougher to get collision / comprehensive coverage on anything RHD or even LHD JDM. The companies are tighting up all over the damn place. It's becoming a real pain in the ass to deal with. If you have a place that will do full coverage on RHD, KEEP IT....DON'T PHUCK WITH IT.

Alak
07-02-2009, 10:29 PM
I was with Blue Circle with my Skyline years ago and they stopped doing full coverage around the time I sold it. I think they do Comprehensive only and not collision if I recall.

Twin_Cam_Turbo
07-02-2009, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by Kardon

Hmm, maybe that's because you're looking for full coverage? I dunno, but with PLPD (min) I didn't have any trouble and am paying under 170/month for my first car which isn't bad.

No I was only looking for comprehensive. I also have a clean record. They said if I had other insurance with them they could do it. I think as soon as I listed a mod they said no way.

TD only insured me because the bodystyle and motor were sold here (although in different makes/models)

I have heard the cooperators are also good for RHDs.

Travel_Dude
07-02-2009, 10:34 PM
its not the car its the driver...are you over 25?Are you ticket free? if you answered yes to both questions you should have no problems with finding insurance.

Twin_Cam_Turbo
07-02-2009, 10:36 PM
Yeah my main issue is being so fucking young. And the fact I dont have stupid drivers training...

ottamania
07-03-2009, 12:16 AM
TD is been good with my insurance.

weeznah
07-03-2009, 09:31 AM
Originally posted by Twin_Cam_Turbo

No I was only looking for comprehensive. I also have a clean record. They said if I had other insurance with them they could do it. I think as soon as I listed a mod they said no way.

TD only insured me because the bodystyle and motor were sold here (although in different makes/models)

I have heard the cooperators are also good for RHDs.

i told the guys at cooperators what kind of car i drove and he basically laughed and told me to get out of his office. They dont insure them because there "dangerous"

VaN_HaMMeRSTeiN
07-17-2009, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by weeznah

i told the guys at cooperators what kind of car i drove and he basically laughed and told me to get out of his office. They dont insure them because there "dangerous"

I didn't realise that non-jdm cars are safe! :guns:

SRT10Killer
07-17-2009, 11:29 PM
Mitchell Insurance Brokers

lungren and young.

and there is another one that's really good

mitchell is probably the best because they let you drop to fire +theft during the winter without having to pay for liability too, others don't

I can still name at least 10 companies that do comprehensive on RHD cars, my broker and contacts usually inform me if there is any plans for future changes on RHD cars

forbiddenera
07-18-2009, 02:59 AM
Originally posted by 5000Audi
take it back to japan where it belongs lol...

call blue circle

blue circle sucks balls.

call TD. :thumbsup: