PDA

View Full Version : Civic Coupe Si HFP Suspension Review

Darkane
07-02-2009, 09:02 PM
Just installed today and gotta say I'm quite pleased!

Total price with shipping was 586.00USD to my door, a pretty good deal. Install time was 2:45 with a couple minor snags.

You will need spring compressors for the rear, and it's fairly straight forward. A jack and two stands all you need for raising the car.

Tools required: 14mm wrench and socket, 1/2" drive, 19mm socket, 12mm socket, 5mm allen wrench, 17mm wrench. I believe that's it.

I know the dealership likes the charge 3hours labor on this install so it's total bullshit. Saved over 300bucks lol.

The care handles MUCH better. It's way to much car for the stock all season's now, a good summer perf tire is needed. I also got the car aligned today and if I recall the front camber was out quite a bit. I think it was 0.81 and then brought back to almost stock 0.02. I got the sheet in the car I can check if anyone is interested.

If anyone is considering a suspension package for their late model Civic Si take a look at the HFP. Fantastic thus far.

There it is, not much of a review, but maybe this will help someone decide.

Drop was around 0.8-1" and noticeable. It looks good.

gpomp
07-02-2009, 10:02 PM
pics?

Darkane
07-02-2009, 10:51 PM
Didn't get any of the install.

Maybe I'll snap one of the stance later, going to the mountains for the weekend. Break er in properly ;)

s dime
07-05-2009, 11:29 PM
I thought Honda had to install this to retain warranty?

Sorath
07-06-2009, 04:03 AM
i seen pics of the hfp kit, the drop is really nice not really low.

if it were up to me though i`d put on hardcore jdm suspension on, but thats me :P

Darkane
07-06-2009, 09:27 AM
Originally posted by s dime
I thought Honda had to install this to retain warranty?

Really it doesn't much matter if you think about it.

The parts themselves have Honda warranty regardless. Nothing can really go wrong with the car for them to void warranties.

I did let them do the alignment. It won't be as issue if something ever came up.

s dime
07-06-2009, 02:51 PM
Where did you order from? The best deal I have seen is from College Hills Honda. Was there any unexpected charges ( brokerage / duties) crossing the border? Will you winter drive the car?

Darkane
07-06-2009, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by s dime
Where did you order from? The best deal I have seen is from College Hills Honda. Was there any unexpected charges ( brokerage / duties) crossing the border? Will you winter drive the car?

College Hills has an excellent deal right now on 8thcivic.com

It's a Stimulus package for 450.00 and 125 shipping USD. So I could have saved like 9 more dollars, but didn't see it.

If you order this make sure to Install yourself. Dealers will rape you.

Yes I will winter drive it. I winter drove my EG dropped on H&R race springs (2") a couple winters ago. Be safe and don't do stupid things.

It's easy.

speeed
07-25-2009, 01:18 AM
post some pics please i'm debating if i should go with the HFP suspension but not sure if it's low enough for my taste

gpomp
07-25-2009, 05:57 AM
there's like 5 million pics on 8thcivic

Darkane
07-25-2009, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by speeed
post some pics please i'm debating if i should go with the HFP suspension but not sure if it's low enough for my taste

If you're debating, it's not low enough.

It's a factory option, and it's only a 0.8-1" drop. It looks better, but you're not slammed, not tucking.

But it's Factory reliable and handles much better.