PDA

View Full Version : Creatine: which one do you take? Need opinions.

ee2k
07-02-2009, 09:20 PM
I am looking into adding Creatine into my routine and have been reading a bit about it lately (currently take whey, have adjusted to a decent diet). A number of reviews recommend pure creatine instead of mixed products (in terms of content, purity, value) and I am leaning toward that. More specifically leaning toward micronized creatine monohydrate.

However, I wanted to get people's opinions on locally available brands and types and how much they like them. If you are taking Creatine, what brand do you use, where do you get it and why do you use that particular brand (price, effect, taste?) If you take a mixed product, do you find that it is better than pure creatine?

I can always walk into a supplement store and talk to a sales person, but want to do a bit more research and hear actual people's opinions instead of marketing material.

Feel free to PM me if you'd rather do that.

Thanks.

dandia89
07-02-2009, 09:49 PM
I began with creatine monohydrate, but I just couldn't keep it down, my stomach felt like shit and I wasn't getting any push.

I switched to Dynamatize Xpand and it's awesome, i love the flavours and I definitely feel the push. It's a bit hefty, its $70 at popeyes, but I'm sure you can find a good deal online and order it.

liquidboi69
07-02-2009, 09:56 PM
Monohydrate. Preferably "CreaPure" quality monohydrate. It's the only one that's actually been studied...and proven to work. All the others have not been scientifically proven besides people saying they "feel" stronger.

Don't bother with "pre-pump" creatines.
#1, caffeine may interfere with it
#2...most of them are overpriced vitamins/protein/creatines all in one
#3 some have unknown dosages on the back...so you may be getting just 1g of creatine/scoop.

Just plain monohydrate. Don't expect any steroid like miracles or improvements.

Also, I'm pretty sure there are tonnes of threads on this. When you search...make sure you uncheck the "last 3 months only" criteria. You'll probably find tonnes of info.

Big Daddy G
07-03-2009, 11:38 AM
Any opinions on Super Pump 250?

GQBalla
07-03-2009, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by Big Daddy G

waste of money, buy creatine monohydrate and pop some caffeine pills

civic_rida
07-03-2009, 01:13 PM
I love superpump.
Amazing stuff.

TurboD
07-03-2009, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by Big Daddy G

it has been stated on Body Building.com that Super Pump 250 gives you the shits hardcore after an hour or so after consumption

my own experience is that it tastes good and revs you up nicely, but i have to be near a toilet 1-2 hours after i took it.

if you take it and get ready and start your drive to the gym you may get stuck shitting your pants before you make it to the gym.

liquidboi69
07-04-2009, 01:23 AM
Originally posted by TurboD

if you take it and get ready and start your drive to the gym you may get stuck shitting your pants before you make it to the gym.
They reformulated it and addressed the GI issues. How long ago did you buy it? The old formula has 350mg Magnesium, but the new version has 100mg and some other things taken out.

That being said...it's a rip still. Just take monohydrate + caffeine pills 200mg to have an equivalent effect.

TurboD
07-04-2009, 09:26 AM
Originally posted by liquidboi69

They reformulated it and addressed the GI issues. How long ago did you buy it? The old formula has 350mg Magnesium, but the new version has 100mg and some other things taken out.

That being said...it's a rip still. Just take monohydrate + caffeine pills 200mg to have an equivalent effect.

i bought mine about 3 months ago, had 350mg of mag

civic_rida
07-04-2009, 01:11 PM
I take super pump all the time my stomach can handle it no problem.

403ep3
07-04-2009, 01:57 PM
creatine monohydrate here :thumbsup:

95EG6P
07-05-2009, 04:00 PM
BSN N.O. Xplode works well for me

It's trail and error, some may work for you and some don't do squat.

ee2k
07-05-2009, 10:29 PM
Thanks for the replies and PMs all.

Since the post, did further reading and went to a couple of stores to inquire. At the first store, the guy took his time to give me all the information I needed (which I already had read about) and covered all bases, sent me off with pre- and post- workout samples to try out for each of the leading mixed creatine product brands (BSN, MuscleTech, Gaspari). The second store I went to (yes, I am the tire kicker), the guy simply pointed me to the mixed pre/post workout products, and he tripped when I inquired about Creatine monohydrate. [I don't think he takes either type, and it appeared he was on some other supplement that is not sold in stores.]

Did more reading, tried to make sense of ingredients contained in each sample (some have a couple of columns worth of ingredients!), more reviews etc. Anyways, given how new I am to this supplement, decided to go with the basics: creatine monohydrate. Went back to the original store and grabbed some along with a bag of dextrose.

Here's an interesting review I came across which answers a number of questions ...

Y43z6UTXFi4

Cooked Rice
07-05-2009, 10:44 PM
I just take GNC creatine monohydrate.

GQBalla
07-10-2009, 02:14 PM
i may start taking creatine too, havent touched the stuff in years though when i knew nothing about how to lift.