PDA

View Full Version : Stampede 2009 Eats

Pages : [1] 2

Disoblige
07-03-2009, 01:00 AM
So what's everybody tried at Stampede and what's your say on things?

I tried the Potato Tornado and it's alright, a little less crispy than I expected but still OKAY with the vinegar mist spray and Ms. Dash.

Thought corn dogs would be super expensive (they still were) but $7.00 for a foot long isn't TOO bad to satisfy my craving.

The Hot Beef Sundae was surprising REALLY GOOD for Midway food. It's near the Grandstand entrance and its called the Homestead Grill or something like that who also serves Taco in a bag (Doritos bag). For $6.25, the Hot Beef Sundae was :drool: .. Spoke with the owner and saw him slice up all the beef, homemade mashed potatoes, all fresh ingredients.

As for the deep fry shit, I tried to stay away from but I may try the Deep Fry Jellybeans if I can find them. No thanks on the Deep Fried Oreos lol. I'll stick to mini donuts.. Actually tastes best without anything on them.

Other than that, there's also something called Nitro Ice Cream in the Round Up Center. I guess it's ice cream chilled with liquid nitrogen. Looks kinda cool I guess..

Disoblige
07-03-2009, 01:10 AM
Hot Beef Sundae @ Stampede:

http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/7513/dsc05608j.jpg

Potato Tornado (Image not mine but looks identical):

http://img406.imageshack.us/img406/7803/koreanfoodonastick1rk6.jpg

GQBalla
07-03-2009, 09:04 AM
that beef sundae looks like disaster to my stomach
ahah

saiyajin
07-03-2009, 01:47 PM
holy shit is that beef sundae just all beef and gravy? :nut:

Disoblige
07-03-2009, 01:57 PM
No man, it just looks like that on top and I must admit it doesn't look too good if I just looked at the picture.

But it's very thinly shredded slices of beef cooked in a convection oven on the spot with some light smoky BBQ sauce and gravy, with mashed potatoes under it. The only reason I tried it was because "Hot Beef Sundae" itself sounded delicious and it was something good to try indeed. Might have one more before Stampede is over :D

copynpaste
07-03-2009, 03:48 PM
Stampede food is garbage, only thing I like is the mini donuts.

dino_martini
07-03-2009, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by copynpaste
Stampede food is garbage, only thing I like is the mini donuts.

Of course. Its all deep fried shit. But for 10 days I can look past it and indulge.

I think I'll give that Taco-In-A-Bag a shot this year. Deep Fried Oreo's werent too good last year. Hopefully Deep Fried coke isn't back.

nonlinear
07-03-2009, 05:04 PM
i'm a big fan of indian tacos, but the ones at the stampede kinda suck compared to others i've had. will probably end up getting one anyhow, just cause I only have the chance to get one a couple of times per year.

Indian taco (NOT a picture from the stampede):
http://whatscookingamerica.net/Foto4/IndianTaco.jpg

Disoblige
07-04-2009, 12:40 AM
They have Pizza on a Stick for NINE fucking dollars.. And funny thing is that I actually see people eating it.. Mostly Ed Hardy and designer sunglasses wearing teeny boppers.

S13_Ryan
07-04-2009, 12:50 AM
only place i ever buy food from is that weedickville. $1 hotdogs and $1 slurpees. fuck everything else.

wardpr68
07-04-2009, 01:07 AM
Originally posted by S13_Ryan
only place i ever buy food from is that weedickville. $1 hotdogs and $1 slurpees. fuck everything else.

slurpees are 2 dollars... and i am pretty sure hotdogs are more as well.... but yes, cheapest food by far. Mini donuts aren't bad either at 2 bags for 5 bux.

bulaian
07-04-2009, 08:18 PM
^^ hot dogs are $2 also

LadyLuck
07-04-2009, 08:25 PM
I love the corn on the cob at the grounds :drool:

blinkme_210
07-04-2009, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by Disoblige
They have Pizza on a Stick for NINE fucking dollars.. And funny thing is that I actually see people eating it.. *SNIP*

It looks like all dough with 2 pieces of pepperoni glued on top.

And I found that the Tornado Potato was less crispy than I expected too. Looks crispy, but more like blanched potato slices. Plus it's a little too greasy.

nj2Type-S
07-05-2009, 10:38 AM
is there a 'must try' food at the stampde? i'm thinking taco i think i'll just make that at home, lol.

flipstah
07-05-2009, 11:56 AM

Other than that, there's also something called Nitro Ice Cream in the Round Up Center. I guess it's ice cream chilled with liquid nitrogen. Looks kinda cool I guess..

The nitro ice cream is THE smoothest ice cream you will EVER have. It was ridiculous. :drool:

Deep fried cheesecake FTW.

turbotrip
07-05-2009, 03:23 PM
the only reason i go to the stampede is for the blue snow cones; anyone know where else you can get them year round?

JordanEG6
07-07-2009, 11:49 PM
I went last year and had a few:

Pizza-on-a-stick
- really good
- cluster fuck of mess though

Deep Fried Coke
- its good for 2 bites then it becomes grossly insulting to your health, I felt myself getting fatter by the second haha.

Deep Fried Cheescake
:drool:

Corn Dogs and Mini Donuts
- classic, cannot complete my day without either of these hahaha.

Beef Sundae
- tastes alot better than it sounds and looks.

I gotta go back this year and try something new. That Potato Tornado and Nitro Ice Cream sounds appetizing haha.

Disoblige
07-08-2009, 12:03 AM
Originally posted by flipstah

The nitro ice cream is THE smoothest ice cream you will EVER have. It was ridiculous. :drool:

Deep fried cheesecake FTW.

Really? I didn't try the ice cream because my friends said it tasted really ordinary. I should give it a shot perhaps.

The Deep Fried Cheesecake tasted really watery when I tried it. Not a big fan but I could see it how it can taste really good. Hit and miss item.

Jordan, can't believe you paid $9.00 for that stick :rofl:
And I dunno how hot beef sundae doesn't sound good!! I picture mashed potatoes right away and :love: Good thing it tasted alright

JordanEG6
07-08-2009, 08:13 AM

Jordan, can't believe you paid $9.00 for that stick :rofl:
And I dunno how hot beef sundae doesn't sound good!! I picture mashed potatoes right away and :love: Good thing it tasted alright

DUDE! It's on a STICK! How could you NOT try it?! And I did it all without the bedazzled Ed Hardy Tee and white D&G glasses.
:rofl:

Hot Beef Sundae sounds like a dessert with meat in it. When I found out what was actually in it though, I had to try it, but they should really change the name.

flipstah
07-08-2009, 09:41 AM

Really? I didn't try the ice cream because my friends said it tasted really ordinary. I should give it a shot perhaps.

The Deep Fried Cheesecake tasted really watery when I tried it. Not a big fan but I could see it how it can taste really good. Hit and miss item.

The nitro ice cream is bland but its the texture you're after. Plus, you can drown it in Hershey syrup if you're going to buy a cup (which I think you should. :thumbsup: )

toyboy88
07-08-2009, 05:17 PM
The bubble tea place (new this year i think) is pretty decent! better than I expected..and only $5.50.

Oh, and that JUMBO turkey drumstick ($13) is fucking intense lol.

Kavy
07-08-2009, 05:30 PM
Originally posted by toyboy88
The bubble tea place (new this year i think) is pretty decent! better than I expected..and only $5.50.

Oh, and that JUMBO turkey drumstick ($13) is fucking intense lol.

Jumbo turkey drumstick is the winner every year for me. I only end up eating 1/4 of it but man the 1/4 is the best dam turkey i eat all year.

Kritafo
07-08-2009, 05:37 PM
anyone watch BT this morning?

They were talking about stampede eats, they were saying that turkey leg is like over 1000 calories. lol!

I am saving myself for the taco in a bag.

dizzle
07-08-2009, 11:11 PM
What else is unique and good?
deepfried cheesecake is my fav so far..

Disoblige
07-08-2009, 11:13 PM
Originally posted by Kritafo
anyone watch BT this morning?

They were talking about stampede eats, they were saying that turkey leg is like over 1000 calories. lol!

I am saving myself for the taco in a bag.

lol.. Be prepared to gain a couple pounds after a corn dog, mini donuts, turkey legs and all the other shit you eat there. It's unavoidable! But damn, turkey leg :love:

Dehvee
07-08-2009, 11:20 PM

lol.. Be prepared to gain a couple pounds after a corn dog, mini donuts, turkey legs and all the other shit you eat there. It's unavoidable! But damn, turkey leg :love:

Exactly what I had when I went. 2 corn dogs, mini donuts and a turkey leg. :love:

drtoohotty1
07-08-2009, 11:33 PM
i had the potato tornado, mini doughnuts, deep fried zucchini, and the pineapple whip which is fucking divine, corn dogs and half the crap in you get in the backpacks you can buy

dino_martini
07-09-2009, 02:05 AM
Originally posted by drtoohotty1
i had the potato tornado, mini doughnuts, deep fried zucchini, and the pineapple whip which is fucking divine, corn dogs and half the crap in you get in the backpacks you can buy

Dole whip is fucking amazing. They sell it at the Disney Amusement parks, and people line up like 30 deep to get a cup full. So good.

Pihsiak
07-09-2009, 09:05 AM
Where can you find the dole whip this yr? gotta cross this one off my list this year

Kritafo
07-09-2009, 09:36 AM
What Dole Whip flavours are they selling?.... If you ever go to Hawaii get one from the Dole plantation...it puts the magic kingdom to shame.

bigboom
07-09-2009, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by Pihsiak
Where can you find the dole whip this yr? gotta cross this one off my list this year

almost every year its right across from the show home.

CookieMonster
07-09-2009, 11:01 AM
what exactly is the dole whip? sounds interesting...

Disoblige
07-09-2009, 11:15 AM
You'll find the pineapple whip around the grounds near the show home as mentioned, and near the end of the park at the Elton Station + more but can't remember. There is also one in front of the Big 4 Building with more flavors such as raspberry.

A Dole whip is pretty much an ice cream that's very sherbet-like but has the consistency of soft serve ice cream. There is only a very tiny amount of dairy product in it, but does not taste creamy at all.

I kinda like it but would rather have a creamy pineapple flavored ice cream :drool:

lelalong
07-09-2009, 11:44 AM
I was disappointed by the freshly made cinnamon buns. $5/bun was a waste. It seemed dry like they didn't put much butter in it.

Kritafo
07-09-2009, 12:01 PM
You'll find the pineapple whip around the grounds near the show home as mentioned, and near the end of the park at the Elton Station + more but can't remember. There is also one in front of the Big 4 Building with more flavors such as raspberry.

A Dole whip is pretty much an ice cream that's very sherbet-like but has the consistency of soft serve ice cream. There is only a very tiny amount of dairy product in it, but does not taste creamy at all.

I kinda like it but would rather have a creamy pineapple flavored ice cream :drool:

Excellent I will be getting the classic pineapple it's my favourite. They are Lactose Free, Cholesterol Free and
Low Fat. Just found out you can buy the dry mix, which I am going to do, Costco has the Cuisinart soft serve ice cream maker.

beyondpinoy
07-09-2009, 03:00 PM
what time does the $2 hotdog and slupee place close? 9pm?

dino_martini
07-09-2009, 04:29 PM
You can find the Dole Whip at the stand across from the entrance to the grandstand/ticket office. Its like, right by the Pot of Gold stand with the guy always yelling at you to buy tickets.

Ajay
07-09-2009, 05:23 PM
The corn dogs are what I go for. I LOOOOOOOOOVE corn dogs.

Speaking of which. Does anyone know a good place to get corn dogs year round? When I was growing up I used to always eat jalapeno and cheddar corn dogs in the small town I grew up in. Haven't seen them around here.

Godfuader
07-10-2009, 10:46 AM
The Beef Sundae was :thumbsup: Alot more filling than it looks.
Something to try: Get a plate of funnel cake on the main street, directly opposite is an ice-cream stand. Get a scoop of pralines on top of the hot funnel cake.

swak
07-13-2009, 06:07 PM
I went back a second time, and after reading this thread HAD to get the beef sundae.

It was wicked for widway food to say the least.

gam0s
07-13-2009, 07:11 PM
taco in a bag was a waste of money and the turkey leg was OK. but i give two thumbs up for the steak sandwich and deep fried oreo cookies :D

dj_rice
07-13-2009, 07:23 PM
Hopefully I see some of these foods at Capital Ex when it hits Edmonton as I missed out on going to Stampede this year :( :cry:

n1zm0
07-13-2009, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by dj_rice
Hopefully I see some of these foods at Capital Ex when it hits Edmonton as I missed out on going to Stampede this year :( :cry:

what happened to 'klondike days' or is that a whole different bag.

dj_rice
07-13-2009, 08:25 PM
Originally posted by n1zm0

what happened to 'klondike days' or is that a whole different bag.

Its been re-named Capital Ex days to seem hip :rofl:

Disoblige
07-13-2009, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by swak
I went back a second time, and after reading this thread HAD to get the beef sundae.

It was wicked for widway food to say the least.

Glad you tried it out based on this thread :thumbsup: ..

Capital Ex.. Is there anything about it that's any special like Stampede is with their cowboys, rodeo, chuckwagons, grandstand..etc so it's not just midway, games and food? Guess it travels across Canada, from Calgary, Edmonton, somewhere in Winnipeg I think? and then Toronto.

dj_rice
07-13-2009, 09:43 PM

Glad you tried it out based on this thread :thumbsup: ..

Capital Ex.. Is there anything about it that's any special like Stampede is with their cowboys, rodeo, chuckwagons, grandstand..etc so it's not just midway, games and food? Guess it travels across Canada, from Calgary, Edmonton, somewhere in Winnipeg I think? and then Toronto.

Theres nothing special about it, its the Stampede minus cowboys, rodeos, chuckwagons and grandstand :rofl: :rofl: but its my only chance to taste those awful foods

But I think its cheaper than the Stampede, admission is $8 as opposed to $14 so hopefully the carnie games and food are also

vengie
07-13-2009, 09:44 PM
Hah! tried the cricket pizza last night... pizza was good and the crickets just tasted like ash

Disoblige
07-13-2009, 09:50 PM
^^ WTF? Wtf is cricket pizza.. Is it what I think it is.. I did not see anything like that at stampede. :eek:

vengie
07-13-2009, 09:59 PM
^^^ exactly what you think it is, they made it at some small pizza stand just outside nashville north! ahah it was to weird for me not to try!

Jeremiah
07-08-2010, 09:54 PM
BUMP

Whats good this year fellas?

kamakurakid
07-08-2010, 09:58 PM
Give everything a pass for the first two days, the food inspectors come through and write violators up. From there on it is 50/50, some odds those.

Disoblige
07-08-2010, 10:07 PM
lol forgot this was my thread..

New shit and other stuff:

Deep fried Dill pickles, Deep fried Twinkies, Deep fried Snickers Bar, Deep fried Jelly Beans, Deep fried Strawberry Shortcake or Deep fried Oreos!

Chocolate brownies, Strawberry Smoothies

Waffle on a stick, Chicken–on-a-Stick, Cheese-on-a-Stick, Pizza-on-a-Stick or Belgian Waffle-on-a-stick

Cheddar Nuggets, Pickle Chips, Chipstix’s

Meat Pies, Pulled Pork Sandwich, Alligator Pizza, Hot Beef Sundae, Taco in a Bag; Pork Parfait

HOT BEEF SUNDAE FTW.. Mashed potates, gravy.. shredded beef, all made from scratch.. :drool:

Jeremiah
07-08-2010, 10:14 PM
K Corn Dogs, Hot Beef Sundae and Deep Fried something or rather for me

bignerd
07-08-2010, 10:40 PM
I am thinking a corndog and a Dole Whip sounds good.

[Yu]
07-09-2010, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by vengie
Hah! tried the cricket pizza last night... pizza was good and the crickets just tasted like ash

Did not see this post last year! Definitely going to have to give it a shot.

brownchild
07-11-2010, 11:06 AM
surprised nobody mentioned the Chicken Schnitzel place, is it still their, thats the only thing I enjoy eating, other than corn dogs.

nonlinear
07-11-2010, 02:20 PM
deep fried cheese chunks (although I prefer curds over chunks) :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

deep fried pickles :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

^^you need at least 2 or 3 people to share the above, because they are INTENSE (too much fat/grease/etc. for one person to handle)

hot dogs from second to none meats in weedickville :thumbsdow :thumbsdow :thumbsdow

dry and nasty. do yourself a favor and get a footlong from one of the many stands littered all over the grounds.

TYMSMNY
07-11-2010, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by kamakurakid
Give everything a pass for the first two days, the food inspectors come through and write violators up. From there on it is 50/50, some odds those.

First few days are when they are operating properly. Give it a few days and all hell breaks loose and you'll start finding everything with extra "sauce" or "toppings".

Melinda
07-11-2010, 06:39 PM
Biggest hidden gem of the stampede is the deep fried mac and cheese wedges in the beer garden area across from nashville north. Absolutely AMAZING!!!! I gorge myself on them every year.

FiveFreshFish
07-11-2010, 07:55 PM

Deep fried Dill pickles, Deep fried Twinkies, Deep fried Snickers Bar, Deep fried Jelly Beans, Deep fried Strawberry Shortcake or Deep fried Oreos!

Originally posted by nonlinear
deep fried cheese chunks (although I prefer curds over chunks) :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

deep fried pickles :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Originally posted by Melinda
Biggest hidden gem of the stampede is the deep fried mac and cheese wedges in the beer garden area across from nashville north.

That's a lot of deep frying! :drool:

Disoblige
07-12-2010, 01:24 AM
Okay guys.. 2009 Hot beef sundae was amazing.. but..

Stay AWAY from the 2010 hot beef sundae! Absolutely terrible! Beef is sliced instead of shredded and it tastes like rubber! There is barely any gravy and they put mash on top of the rubber beef so you never get a combination of both mash and beef taste.. Here's a pic of this abomination.. Again, stay away from this!

http://img691.imageshack.us/img691/2884/sucksbeefsundae.jpg

On a side note, we tried the pulled pork parfait and like my expectations from Big T's, it was alright. It was not as good as the hot beef sundae in 2009, but the pulled pork was juicy and sweet, but there was definitely a big mash:pulled pork ratio.. Wish there was more gravy on it too.. Here's a pic of it here:

http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/659/pulledpork.jpg

poison
07-12-2010, 07:21 AM
Okay guys.. 2009 Hot beef sundae was amazing.. but..

Stay AWAY from the 2010 hot beef sundae! Absolutely terrible! Beef is sliced instead of shredded and it tastes like rubber! There is barely any gravy and they put mash on top of the rubber beef so you never get a combination of both mash and beef taste.. Here's a pic of this abomination.. Again, stay away from this!

http://img691.imageshack.us/img691/2884/sucksbeefsundae.jpg

On a side note, we tried the pulled pork parfait and like my expectations from Big T's, it was alright. It was not as good as the hot beef sundae in 2009, but the pulled pork was juicy and sweet, but there was definitely a big mash:pulled pork ratio.. Wish there was more gravy on it too.. Here's a pic of it here:

http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/659/pulledpork.jpg :werd:

baygirl
07-14-2010, 09:46 AM
Has anyone tried the beer flavored ice-cream from the Mckay's booth yet?

Dave P
07-14-2010, 09:57 AM
The pork parfait was pretty awesome this year.

spikerS
07-14-2010, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by Dave P
The pork parfait was pretty awesome this year.

+1

Melinda
07-14-2010, 09:44 PM
We tried that chicken on a stick place tonight. Didnt actually get the chicken on a stick, but just a regular 4 piece meal. It was actually REALLY good. Chicken was tender and not dry at all, good flavour. And I'm pretty sure they have a rule that only ridiculously hot people can work there. 6 or so people in that little booth, and most of them were incredibly hot chicks, with 1 or 2 attractive guys in amongst them (not that most of you care about them). If you're looking for somewhere with a good view while you're waiting in line for food, there's a good place to start.

bignerd
07-14-2010, 11:08 PM
Has anyone tried the deep fried jelly beans yet? Curious to know what they would be like.

Melinda
07-14-2010, 11:43 PM
Originally posted by bignerd
Has anyone tried the deep fried jelly beans yet? Curious to know what they would be like.
Tried them last year. They are SO gross. A giant corn fritter type ball of dough with 5 -7 jellybeans inside. Didnt even eat one full ball of it before getting rid of the rest :barf:

flipstah
07-15-2010, 08:07 AM
Originally posted by Melinda
We tried that chicken on a stick place tonight. Didnt actually get the chicken on a stick, but just a regular 4 piece meal. It was actually REALLY good. Chicken was tender and not dry at all, good flavour. And I'm pretty sure they have a rule that only ridiculously hot people can work there. 6 or so people in that little booth, and most of them were incredibly hot chicks, with 1 or 2 attractive guys in amongst them (not that most of you care about them). If you're looking for somewhere with a good view while you're waiting in line for food, there's a good place to start.

Sounds delicious!

.. In more ways than one. :love: :rofl:

I'll be gorging on Friday so wish me luck! :drool:

Disoblige
07-15-2010, 11:23 PM
I'm going again on Sunday..

So I will give the chicken a try.. Does anyone recommend anything else? I was thinking maybe deep fried oreos.. lol.

Disoblige
07-09-2011, 10:53 PM
2011 Bump :D

Not much *NEW* to try this year.

The Collosal Onion looks good at first, but damn it is drippy with oil on the bottom. Just pretty much onion rings but oilier.

Also had the breaded pork sandwich which was pretty good, but paid $9.00. I

But you know what's nice to see, is that they brought back the corn on the cob stand! I haven't had it for years but there is a Green Booth dedicated for Corn on the Cob and it's still only $5.00 (same price like 10 years ago), and they would slather it with butter and you can put whatever seasoning you want. I'm going to try it tomorrow. Way better than the corn on the cob on the red booths imo.

2009 Hot Beef Sundae = :drool:
2010 Hot Beef Sundae = :bullshit: :thumbsdow
2011 Hot Beef Sundae = ??? (Tomorrow!)

By the way, anyone interested in buying a BAMIX? I think they take discounts on 5 or more. I am planning to buy 2. So far all I got was GST excluded lol.

[Yu]
07-09-2011, 10:59 PM
props to you Disoblige to keep trying that sundae hahahah.

Khyron
07-09-2011, 11:37 PM
Originally posted by [Yu]
props to you Disoblige to keep trying that sundae hahahah.

Eagerly awaiting the beef report. I missed 2009 and skipped 2010 sundae due to his review.

I'm boring and usually just seek out a funnel cake, cheap slurpee and doughnuts and then have a seizure quietly in the corner.

FraserB
07-10-2011, 12:39 AM
Did you see if they had the deep fried Oreo's again?

I plan on going down for a day to eat some corn dogs, OREOs and mini doughnuts. The play a bunch of games and see the superdogs.

Disoblige
07-10-2011, 01:26 AM
Saw a guy eating deep fried pop tarts. They do have deep fried oreos again FraserB.

I did try the deep fried snickers *last year* and it tasted exactly what you think it would taste like.

One of my favorites I eat every year is the pepperoni cheese stick they have at the Weston place at Weadickville. It's basically a long hot dog bun with cheese and a pepperoni stick. It's a bit spicy too, and I love it.

Here's what the onion looks like by the way:

http://img849.imageshack.us/img849/8272/p1070150h.jpg

Tomorrow will be a fun day :D

EG6boi
07-10-2011, 02:27 AM
I heard the new item is the Doughnut Sandwich? Anybody try this yet?

dj_rice
07-10-2011, 11:05 AM
Collosal Onion is basically onion bloom but I still want to try it :drool:

captain134
07-10-2011, 11:28 AM
I had the Collosal Onion last night. It is of course greasy like someone else stated but what isn't greasy at the Stampede. I wouldn't get one if you don't plan on sharing it with someone because it would be a bit much to eat a large onion like that. If you plan to share it with someone like I did I highly recommend. :thumbsup:

Kritafo
07-10-2011, 11:47 AM
anyone going to do the Mavericks Ghost burger?

BigDannyCool
07-10-2011, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by EG6boi
I heard the new item is the Doughnut Sandwich? Anybody try this yet?

i believe it's a donut burger

Disoblige
07-11-2011, 12:40 AM
Short conclusion,

the 2011 Hot Beef Sundae is :thumbsup:

The beef isn't as shredded as 2009 was, but still the taste is there (less smokey though). I guess it depends who makes it for you, but damn I was so relieved it was not rubbery slices of crap.

Go try it out for yourself! For $7.00, it's one of the heartier eats on the grounds. I would rank it slightly below the 2009 version since I found it a little bit more salty than before, so be sure to mix up the mash, cheese and beef before eating.

Will post some pics tomorrow. Did not try some stuff I wanted to due to the big rain during the evening.

Will also check out more eats next Sunday (last day of Stampede).

Still can't get enough of those pepperoni cheese sticks though.

EG6boi
07-12-2011, 01:31 AM
My day at the Stampede:

"Hot" Beef Sundae: 9/10
Pork Parfait: 6/10
Deep fried Cheese Sticks: 8/10
Colossal Onion: 6/10

Tried a lot more but don't remember.

EG6boi
07-12-2011, 01:34 AM
I missed out on the Steak Sandwich.. is it any good?

Disoblige
07-12-2011, 12:16 PM
I heard the Korn Balls were really good because it had bits of sausage, jalapenos, etc. in it.

Steak sandwich hasn't changed much in the last 15 years to be honest. I don't find it anything special but it's not bad either. If you like a more charred steak on a bun, "Steak of a Bun" is always in front of the Big 4 Building.

I looked up the Ghost Burger at Mavericks and it is a really spicy burger. Totally don't want to ruin my appetite at Stampede so gonna stay away from that heh.

Haven't tried deep fried oreos either.

The Turkey Leg this year was great. Last year, it tasted more "ham" like than anything, but this year it tastes much more cooked but still succulent. Drenched in BBQ sauce ftw.

drtoohotty1
07-12-2011, 06:44 PM
Alright so I just got back and decided to do a mini review for you guys. So first up when we walked into the gates we grabbed a stampede backpack to hold our stuff, 16 bucks this year and they give you enough stuff to feed a couple small kids all day! Good value. 9/10

http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg230/drtoohotty/e50b9884.jpg

Next up was a sausage wrapped in a waffle kind of breakfastee but the sausage was dry so I had to load up on the syrup. 7/10

http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg230/drtoohotty/f00a7196.jpg

The wife had a staple in the form of a corn dog a little pricey but still a favorite (she ate half before I whipped the phone out) :) 9.5/10

http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg230/drtoohotty/234073e5.jpg

So there you go my mini review hope this guide helps you out :) also this was all done on my iPhone so sorry for the grammar and spelling mistakes.
Moved onto the kubie kornballs, they are supposed to be the best new food at the show, 5 for 5 dollars so again pricey but they give you little cups for sauces again they recommended syrup so we got that and BBQ sauce both were pretty good, the kubes we soft and had the base of fritters with some garlic and a hint of jalapeños I wish they had more kalbassa but still good. 8/10

http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg230/drtoohotty/0c3a56a8.jpg

Next I moved onto the hot beef sundae this is a first for me so I have nothing to compare it to so I can't compare that way but for a first timer I thought it was ok lots of food for the price mashed potatoes tasted good gravy was a little grainy and I hate corn so finding that buried down there made me less then impressed the beef was very uneven some huge pieces and some small bite sized ones so that wasn't very cool. 5.5/10 (side note the pork parfet 2 booths down at big T's looked really good wish I had got that :( )

http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg230/drtoohotty/57c82518.jpg

To go with the beef sundae the wife and I split some deep fried pickles. I could eat these all day long large pickle spears coated and deep fried in a thick batter and deep fried to a really good crisp. 10/10

http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg230/drtoohotty/dace42e6.jpg

After eating all that food we decided to walk some of it off and went through the dream house and the rides ending up at weedikville. They have slurpee's for 2 bucks and have about 10 flavors also the bottled water is 2 bucks instead of 3 at all the midway places.

http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg230/drtoohotty/882e978e.jpg

Finally before leaving we hit Billy dee's for a couple candy apples but as I sit here trying to not explode I haven't been able eat the apple yet but it looks good :)

http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg230/drtoohotty/3038dd53.jpg

Disoblige
07-12-2011, 06:58 PM
Thanks for taking the pic of the deep fried pickles. Always wondered what they look like.

Also ooh, that reminds me. $3.00 gets you a Screamer at the Froster booth. Fucking good ice cream too. Seen some people fill the entire cup with ice cream for $3.00 lol..

know1edge
07-12-2011, 07:00 PM
anybody know where i can find the turkey stick?
didn't see it anywhere

drtoohotty1
07-12-2011, 07:10 PM
The turkey legs are straight through the main gates about 500 feet to the main row of food booths and it is 1 or 2 to the left of that T intersection hoPe that helps.

max_boost
07-12-2011, 07:24 PM
OMG. All those pictures making me hungry. Can't wait to get to the grounds for some food. :drool:

[Yu]
07-12-2011, 11:17 PM
I can't wait to try the Cricket pizza by nashville north when I go thursday.

Has anyone here tried it?

ByTeMe
07-12-2011, 11:37 PM
Originally posted by [Yu]
I can't wait to try the Cricket pizza by nashville north when I go thursday.

Has anyone here tried it?

I did last year.

It's just pizza with crunchy pieces. It definitely has the wow factor for passers by though if they can even tell what is on your pizza.

Get 1 alligator and 1 cricket. Best of both worlds.

CMW403
07-13-2011, 01:58 PM
Holy shit those pics made me so hungry.

ExtraSlow
07-13-2011, 02:02 PM
The bottom-filling beer at the grandstand blew my mind. In my drunken state, I kept poking at the little magnet, causing beer to run down my arm. I could not help myself, it happened several times.

as for food, the steak on a bun was very nice yesterday. Put nothing but onions on it, and it was delicious.

[Yu]
07-13-2011, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by ByTeMe

I did last year.

It's just pizza with crunchy pieces. It definitely has the wow factor for passers by though if they can even tell what is on your pizza.

Get 1 alligator and 1 cricket. Best of both worlds.

Cool, cool. Going to try both =)

Not really doing for WOW factor. Been asking health stores and markets if they know of cricket farms, and the general consensus, nobody knows.

Would love to eat crickets all day, err day.

JfuckinC
07-13-2011, 02:11 PM
hahaha i was spilling beer everywhere at the chucks last night... i was LP'ed by that point(pint?) though

Guillermo
07-13-2011, 03:26 PM
I had an indian taco, SUPER good deal for $7 (lots of food). had a hot dog at weedickville, thought it was disgusting and a rip-off at $2.50 (they have better ones at IKEA for $0.50).

didn't get the deep fried cheese curds this year, but wanted to. had them last year and they were fucking awesome.

flipstah
07-16-2011, 10:14 AM
The Big League came out to play last night and here's what we can describe the following foods in one sentence:

London Broil: Love the charred taste of the meat in a sandwich but needs seasoning.

Jalapeno Cheese Sticks: Let it cool or you'll get burnt in deliciousness.

Pulled Pork Parfait: Most delicious treat I've had at the Stampede.

Donut Burger: Over-rated.

That is all. :thumbsup:

Disoblige
07-16-2011, 04:16 PM
Wow fricken hot today.. Gonna be fun tomorrow :thumbsup:

nykz
07-17-2011, 02:24 AM
Tried the jalapeno cheese sticks today, they were delicious, would love to have them again. Nice soft cheese, by far my favourite treat at the stampede.

Afterwards I had the pulled pork parfait, it was very good, didn't cheap out on the pork, and the mashed potatoes were great. :thumbsup: