PDA

View Full Version : Diploma Exams- Do you have to write them?

vhero
07-03-2009, 08:03 PM
If you are 26 years years old, and you recieved your High School Diploma 8 years ago, and you decided to take Math 30p now, would you have to write the Diploma Exam for it ? Or could you just complete the class? Does anyone know more information about this.

JordanAndrew
07-03-2009, 08:09 PM
I'm pretty sure that 50% of the mark is the diploma exam itself so unless you do 100% in class to receive 50% full mark, you'd have to take the exam.

badatusrnames
07-03-2009, 08:11 PM
I'm assuming you would have to write the exam - it is normally worth 50% of the grade in that course.

Although, for students upgrading I believe that if your grade on the exam is greater than your course grade, your exam grade becomes your final grade.

rinny
07-04-2009, 11:21 AM
You have to write them if you take a high school Math 30 P course ie. correspondence etc, however if you take an equivalency course through a college that is not labelled as Math 30 Pure but rather Math 101 (or similar) you do not.

You'd just have to call the place that you are doing the course through. Sometimes you may need the high school level for pre-reqs or sometimes a college equivalency is just as good.