PDA

View Full Version : Lookin for some PT work.

Ben
10-31-2003, 09:53 PM
Lookin for some weeknight work, just to do on the side as I work during the day, bank hours. Need some more money for car plans. Cannot be fast food or anything like that, would never stoop to that point, I'm not that hard off, just something to make a few hun a month to pay my bills and that way my main paycheque just sits in the bank.

Dont wanna work weekends if I dont have to, maybe 3 nights a week, 5-10 type stuff. If anyone hears of anything lemmie know. I have good people skills, good phone persona and such, and would prefer if its south of say Chinook center.

3G
10-31-2003, 09:55 PM
try applying @ Co-op they'll hire you so fast

Ben
10-31-2003, 11:12 PM
Originally posted by Mx6GtTurbo
try applying @ Co-op they'll hire you so fast

Y'know thats funny, I've actually concidered that. Pays decent apparantly too.

max_boost
11-01-2003, 12:35 PM
I don't think you'd be interested in gas station type jobs. How about delivering grub? Pizza drivers are always in demand and they pay well too. You could probably easily exceed $1000 by doing that. I know of a certain someone who works less hours and makes that amount :D :rofl:

max_boost
11-01-2003, 12:41 PM
And the earnings are no BS either because they were documented for one year and even the slowest month netted $700-800. All this for less than 15 hours of work a week!!!!

Most places also pay cash so I honestly think this is your best bet, just helping you out.

Cheers!

Hakkola
11-01-2003, 12:45 PM
I was thinking about pizza delivery, but damn those kms probably rack up fast.

/////AMG
11-01-2003, 01:00 PM
Domino's Pizza was hiring for pizza delivery, the one on 17th ave right next to Western. I think its was $14/hour or $15/hour starting, this was about almost a month ago. Still great pay, Sorry I don't remember if it was 14 or 15.

Idratherbsidewayz
11-01-2003, 01:15 PM
I was alos considering a pizza job, but i don't want to rack up km's on my precious engine for a couple bucks...

kaput
11-01-2003, 01:19 PM

Ben
11-01-2003, 01:20 PM
yeh, the reason I need money is for my car, I dont wanna be spending the money I'm making fixing it. :tongue: I'll think about it tho, thanks for the imput MB

Idratherbsidewayz
11-01-2003, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by kaput

Don't you drive a Firefly/wRims?

Lol, i used to... Check the "what i drive" part for clarification... :bigpimp:

lint
11-03-2003, 11:31 PM
Sport Chek. The comission you make over the winter can be killer. I remember this girl I worked with, part timer cause she was still in school. During the christmas season, one day she raked in something like $60/hr. Worked like 5 hours and made $300 in commission. That's pretty rare, but if you're decent, you'd be looking at $15-$20/hr. AND you get pro deals on top of that. That and the discount made it all worth while.

davidI
11-03-2003, 11:36 PM
Originally posted by lint
Sport Chek. The comission you make over the winter can be killer. I remember this girl I worked with, part timer cause she was still in school. During the christmas season, one day she raked in something like $60/hr. Worked like 5 hours and made $300 in commission. That's pretty rare, but if you're decent, you'd be looking at $15-$20/hr. AND you get pro deals on top of that. That and the discount made it all worth while.

If you know anything about skis you'll make a good amount. Before christmas and boxing day are awesome too. Even if you just work for nov/december you'll make a lot of cash. Unfortunately they've already ran their training sessions for the ski season but they'd probably still hire you up cause I know a lot of locations are desperate.

Idratherbsidewayz
11-03-2003, 11:40 PM
Its not as good as youd think, but this season is decent...

Ben
11-04-2003, 12:23 AM
Originally posted by davidI

If you know anything about skis you'll make a good amount. Before christmas and boxing day are awesome too. Even if you just work for nov/december you'll make a lot of cash. Unfortunately they've already ran their training sessions for the ski season but they'd probably still hire you up cause I know a lot of locations are desperate.

Actually I used to ski for Nordica and am a Licenced Ski Tech. Willing to bet I know more about skis and boards than most of their sales force :P Sport Chek is a joke for knowledgeable sales people.

I walked in and asked them if they had any left handed badminton rackets and racket ball nets. Buddy ran all over the store, and asked his manager who in turn called 3 locations.

Sorry Sir, we seem to be all out.

I did the same a week later except looking for Left handed Lacrosse gear.

lint
11-04-2003, 12:37 AM
Originally posted by Ben

Actually I used to ski for Nordica and am a Licenced Ski Tech. Willing to bet I know more about skis and boards than most of their sales force :P Sport Chek is a joke for knowledgeable sales people.

I walked in and asked them if they had any left handed badminton rackets and racket ball nets. Buddy ran all over the store, and asked his manager who in turn called 3 locations.

Sorry Sir, we seem to be all out.

I did the same a week later except looking for Left handed Lacrosse gear.

Indeed, but it's about selling it, not about whether you know what it is. And trust me, the majority of the customers there know less than the staff. People really need to do their homework first.

Ben
11-04-2003, 12:47 AM
I also neglected to mention I did 4 years of face to face selling and 2 years of cold calling with large sucess.

CRXguy
11-06-2003, 03:10 AM
Originally posted by max_boost
I don't think you'd be interested in gas station type jobs. How about delivering grub? Pizza drivers are always in demand and they pay well too. You could probably easily exceed $1000 by doing that. I know of a certain someone who works less hours and makes that amount :D :rofl:

Originally posted by max_boost
And the earnings are no BS either because they were documented for one year and even the slowest month netted $700-800. All this for less than 15 hours of work a week!!!!

Most places also pay cash so I honestly think this is your best bet, just helping you out.

Cheers!

Fo' shizzle!!

:thumbsup: :rofl: :rofl:

Shaolin
11-06-2003, 08:04 AM
Ben you won't be able to get the hours you want at Co-Op.. as a casual worker you have to be available anytime on weekends and usually at least 1-2 shifts a week during the day.. after their agreement the whole deal with casual workers got revamped.. since you used to be able to work just weekends when you were a casual worker.

DJ Lazy
11-06-2003, 02:56 PM
^^^ :werd:

Co-op can suck my fat fucking cock... Muthafuckers... Worst job I have ever had... DON'T do it Ben... you might aswell bend over right now... :banghead: :banghead:
I don't know why I stayed there for almost 2 years pushing peoples groceries... :guns: :guns: :guns: :guns:

Shaolin
11-06-2003, 06:08 PM
haha yeah Josh, aww well, pays the bills right? :D

DJ Lazy
11-06-2003, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by Shaolin
haha yeah Josh, aww well, pays the bills right? :D

Barely... if at all.. I know Daniel is still struggling... :banghead:
Just had to share my worst job experience... :(

Shaolin
11-06-2003, 10:41 PM
did he get that job with the insurance company?

DJ Lazy
11-08-2003, 08:49 PM
did he get that job with the insurance company?

Not yet.. waiting for them to call him back I think..
Hopefully he gets it... he said he will be making liek 29-30G in the first year, so thats :bigpimp:

D'z Nutz
11-08-2003, 09:06 PM
Have you tried the post office or parcel delivery companies? Christmas season's coming up and I was told by someone you make some crazy ass cash around this time of year. Plus you have your own firearm already, so you're ahead of the game! :rofl:

Shaolin
11-08-2003, 09:11 PM
you make alright pay at the postal office, i have a couple of friends that work for canada post. to have your own firearm you'll probably have to do your FAC and all that crap, no way in hell they'll just give you a firearm :D

RSeXy
11-09-2003, 01:59 AM
what about kobe beef? hahaha!

Ben
11-09-2003, 02:08 AM
you make alright pay at the postal office, i have a couple of friends that work for canada post. to have your own firearm you'll probably have to do your FAC and all that crap, no way in hell they'll just give you a firearm :D

its a joke on the "going Postal" stereotype. And yes, I do have an FAC ;)

surferbaby13
11-24-2003, 12:42 AM
Coffee Shop.....tips and they usually start at 7 and starbucks starts at 8. Plus your buddy chris could get you a lead into the coffee industrie. And they give those kind of hours that you are looking for.

SwitchBlade
11-26-2003, 12:13 AM
Chris (VWbloke) hasnt worked at starbucks for a long time. Starbucks is sweet just as long as you dont get a busy location.

illeagle
11-26-2003, 12:15 AM
I just jumped to the bottom, but.... The best PT job i had was at a Rental car company. You get to bag the cars, and there car wash is a drive through one, so basically, you just drive! 8.50/hr open from 6AM to midnight 7 days a week

Shaolin
11-26-2003, 12:46 AM
I worked for Budget about 7 years ago, good money, but you gota have thick skin.. I left after 2 years, i couldn't handle it anymore.. although driving different new cars everyday was fun.

GC8
11-26-2003, 12:49 AM
Originally posted by illeagle
I just jumped to the bottom, but.... The best PT job i had was at a Rental car company. You get to bag the cars, and there car wash is a drive through one, so basically, you just drive! 8.50/hr open from 6AM to midnight 7 days a week

which company and where? and do you know if they are hiring?
sounds like a perfect pt job..:drool:

CRXguy
11-26-2003, 12:59 AM
i worked for Alamo 3 years ago. fun job! it sucked during the holiday season though. so damn busy.

04blackMAX
11-26-2003, 01:05 AM
u wanna be my butler??...or maid???.....serious i do need someone to clean my house

:poosie:

nex
11-28-2003, 11:28 AM
fuck ill clean your house if the money is good :|

xDiMSuMx
11-28-2003, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by CRXguy
i worked for Alamo 3 years ago. fun job! it sucked during the holiday season though. so damn busy.

i worked there too! at the airport location
i quit about 5 months ago though
it's not as easy as before, it's national/alamo now
so everyone works in the national building

that means no more sleeping 6 hrs a day there

GC8
11-28-2003, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by xDiMSuMx

i worked there too! at the airport location
i quit about 5 months ago though
it's not as easy as before, it's national/alamo now
so everyone works in the national building

that means no more sleeping 6 hrs a day there

how much do they pay?
what kinds of stuff do you guys do...?

xDiMSuMx
11-28-2003, 05:18 PM
i started at 9/hr with 50 cent raise after probation period

all i did was vacuum car, fill up gas and washer fluid, check oil, drive through car wash

CRXguy
11-28-2003, 11:59 PM
Originally posted by xDiMSuMx
i started at 9/hr with 50 cent raise after probation period

all i did was vacuum car, fill up gas and washer fluid, check oil, drive through car wash

you actually checked the oil????? :rofl:

i think my friend still works there, not sure.....

Shaolin
11-29-2003, 02:02 AM
I was a CSR at Budget for 2 years.. got paid 13 an hour, but on some days I wanted to shoot someone..

CRXguy
11-29-2003, 01:05 PM
I was a CSR at Budget for 2 years.. got paid 13 an hour, but on some days I wanted to shoot someone..

I used to hang around with the rental agents while they were helping customers out. There's a lot of dumb ppl in this world! :rofl:

xDiMSuMx
11-29-2003, 02:06 PM

you actually checked the oil????? :rofl:

naww man
i was just tellin the guy what i was supposed to do haha

I used to hang around with the rental agents while they were helping customers out. There's a lot of dumb ppl in this world!

:werd: i've been asked where the clutch is when all the cars are automatics

people don't know how to turn on the heat, lights, radio etc..

Shaolin
11-29-2003, 02:19 PM
it's incredible.. I haven't gotten stupid questions like that.. The worst is the ones that don't understand the process, and it pisses alot of them off when they realize it's not such an process to rent a vehicle.. when I worked, we had to take a 300 bucks authorization freeze that lasted a week, you wouldn't believe how many disgruntled people I saw just because of that. So glad i'm out of the customer service industry.