PDA

View Full Version : Walmart electronics warranty heads up!

old&slow
07-04-2009, 07:08 PM
If any one doesn't know...Walmart only offers 30 days now on warranty of electronics.
Tried to return a 6 month old Toshiba DVD player that would fail to load...no go. From now on it's Costco for electronics!

Amysicle
07-04-2009, 07:22 PM
There might be a 1 year manufacturer's warranty on your DVD player. It's a bit more of a pain in the ass (shipping it off to them) instead of taking it back to the store but at least you might get some more use out of it before going to Costco for its replacement.

Disoblige
07-04-2009, 07:22 PM
Just buy a new one and return it with the old one in it :rofl:
Wal Mart won't test it anyways.

CUG
07-04-2009, 07:24 PM
Originally posted by Disoblige
Wal Mart won't test it anyways. SHHHHH!!!!

Dumbass17
07-04-2009, 08:13 PM
lol

2EFNFAST
07-04-2009, 08:50 PM

That's what I do all the time when shit breaks. ERrr, I mean, don't do that, that shows a complete lack of maturity and is irresponsible! :angel:

BlackArcher101
07-04-2009, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by old&slow
If any one doesn't know...Walmart only offers 30 days now on warranty of electronics.

Are you confusing warranty for return policy? Cause electronics usually have a 1 year warranty.

(Oh.. Costco is no longer what you think it is either).

Boosted Gtir
07-04-2009, 10:02 PM

totally what foriegn parents taught me hahaha. Not saying that I've ever done it tho lol.

VaN_HaMMeRSTeiN
07-04-2009, 10:14 PM
Costco is only 90 days from date of purchase now with an extended warranty from their concierge service.
Not as good as before, but they had to protect themselves from the people purposely breaking their TVS so they could return them and get a better one for cheaper.
It's only MP3 players, TVs, laptops, computers..

5000Audi
07-04-2009, 10:27 PM
yeah like someone said, buy the same thing new, then put the old on back into it and return it.. i actually did it to a coffee machine that died after a 4 months.. its fool proof..walmart dont care

jsn
07-04-2009, 11:31 PM
Did you try to contact the manufacturer? Like amysicle said, I'm pretty sure most companies have a 1 year manufacturer's warranty. It's just annoying because you'll have to send it in yourself and usually takes a while to get back to you.

psycoticclown
07-04-2009, 11:49 PM
Originally posted by VaN_HaMMeRSTeiN
Costco is only 90 days from date of purchase now with an extended warranty from their concierge service.
Not as good as before, but they had to protect themselves from the people purposely breaking their TVS so they could return them and get a better one for cheaper.
It's only MP3 players, TVs, laptops, computers..

Costco has a concierge service now? Wtf :nut:

2EFNFAST
07-05-2009, 12:41 AM
Originally posted by VaN_HaMMeRSTeiN

Not as good as before, but they had to protect themselves from the people purposely breaking their TVS so they could return them and get a better one for cheaper..

hmmmmmmmmmm

......brb, need new tv :angel:

V6-BoI
07-05-2009, 01:16 AM
Originally posted by old&slow
Tried to return a 6 month old Toshiba DVD player that would fail to load...no go. From now on it's Costco for electronics!

What???? Really??? I would have never thought I'd see the day. Did you pull the "I want to talk to your manager" card? Usually if you cause a stink and start bitching to the manager, they will let you return it.

zipdoa
07-05-2009, 02:20 AM

This is fraud. Benyl is tracking your IPs. Beware. :rofl:

copynpaste
07-05-2009, 12:04 PM

Some stores do. Walmart goes the distance now with any electronics return or exchange cause of all the scams and money they lose by customers pulling fast ones.

i had a buddy exchange his xbox and he was in the store for half hour cause they paged the electronics guru...he came over and ripped open his xbox that he brought in and hooked it up to a tv in the back room to check the serial #s. Ripped it open as in took the xbox apart.

old&slow
07-05-2009, 12:08 PM
Like I said before...I'll deal with Costco...it's a slam dunk.