PDA

View Full Version : Mad at VW.

Ben
10-31-2003, 11:26 PM
So Tuesday rolls in and the weather eats ass. My car has been in front of my house since then cause I have bald Kumho 712's on it, and it woouldn't budge.

Now its friday, I took my winter rims and tires to get mounted so that I could have my ride back once again. nope...WRONG!!!!

I backed my car into the garage and put the winter tires on, which was a PAIN IN THE ASS due to a long list of reasons (stabbed my leg with the flat pry end of the tire iron cause my lug broke, had to change the back two in a pond of ice water, broke the floor jack, swore outloud at the happenings and had some parent knock on the door cause their child walking by the garage heard it on his merry way to get FREE candy from my place, its free, dont complain if profanities are emerging from behind a closed garage door), and then backed the car out and put it back in its spot. This was at 630pm or so. Now I want to go out and I cant. My e-brake cable is frozen solid in the ON position, so my rear tires are locked, my doorhandle has frozen in the open position, so the door wont stay closed, and my alternator belt and oil pump hose broke all at once. No now I have a nice lookin Dub, with quality winter tires, all clean, with a door that wont shut, no alternator, ebrake permastuck, and a pond of brand new oil underneith the car.

WHY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry, just venting.

Its friday Night, do you know where I am :( Home and Miserable.

max_boost
10-31-2003, 11:27 PM
Ouch! Sorry to hear Ben! If it is any consolation I am here at MB's bored out of my mind!

Lynds

Ben
10-31-2003, 11:30 PM
Originally posted by max_boost
Ouch! Sorry to hear Ben! If it is any consolation I am here at MB's bored out of my mind!

Lynds

heh, right on, The Bored Briggade Unite!

SoSlowDx
10-31-2003, 11:41 PM
Sorry to hear that as well big ben no worries man I'm too scared to go out too. Did a 180 on Peigan yesterday too and had to pushed the car twice b/c it wouldn't budge slipping and slammed my chin on the hood...at the U.

Shoveled the snow at my gf's house then went home, car go stucked had to push it out lucky the neighbour came out and gave me a hand.

Not as bad as yours but we all had our misfortunes these past days.

:banghead: :eek: :nut:

xkon
11-01-2003, 12:00 AM
dont sweat it ben... at least the car can be fixed easily!!!

when things like that happen to me, usually i have to replace the motor :(

Ben
11-01-2003, 07:42 PM
Wow, today was repair day :nut:

Everything is thawed and workin okay cept now my Alt sounds like a supercharger. had 3 people ask me today if I had a blower under the hood. I just smiled, haha.

Me = teh ricer.

fast95pony
11-01-2003, 08:02 PM
Sorry about your misfortunes,Ben..

I decided to get my fat ass in gear on Tuesday and bolt on the winter rims and tires. I decided to do the operation in the totally empty visitors parking spots because my driveway is on a slope.Sure enough, one nosey neighbor says " You can't work on your car there ! " . I ignored her and continued my mission. First I couldn't find the stock lug nuts , and then I remembered the WS50's are directional after I bolted one on backwards . Eventually I'm ready to go. Miss nosy neighbors car didn't move till today. On my way to work tonight , I noticed she has a fresh dent in the rear fender. I chuckled all the way to work... :D

GTS Jeff
11-01-2003, 08:32 PM
hahaha man thats a shitty day. if it makes u feel better, i hate toyota..

Ben
11-01-2003, 08:33 PM
hahaha, nice!

Some people are brutal, they stuff their nose wherever they can, and I sure let them know when they have overstayed their welcome.

finboy
11-01-2003, 09:55 PM
i've had 3 of my vw door handles freeze, and the trunk twice.

you must learn the way of the flat head screwdriver, it's a very useful tool on vw's cheap opening devices ;)

redline_13000
11-01-2003, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by Ben
So Tuesday rolls in and the weather eats ass. My car has been in front of my house since then cause I have bald Kumho 712's on it, and it woouldn't budge.

Now its friday, I took my winter rims and tires to get mounted so that I could have my ride back once again. nope...WRONG!!!!

I backed my car into the garage and put the winter tires on, which was a PAIN IN THE ASS due to a long list of reasons (stabbed my leg with the flat pry end of the tire iron cause my lug broke, had to change the back two in a pond of ice water, broke the floor jack, swore outloud at the happenings and had some parent knock on the door cause their child walking by the garage heard it on his merry way to get FREE candy from my place, its free, dont complain if profanities are emerging from behind a closed garage door), and then backed the car out and put it back in its spot. This was at 630pm or so. Now I want to go out and I cant. My e-brake cable is frozen solid in the ON position, so my rear tires are locked, my doorhandle has frozen in the open position, so the door wont stay closed, and my alternator belt and oil pump hose broke all at once. No now I have a nice lookin Dub, with quality winter tires, all clean, with a door that wont shut, no alternator, ebrake permastuck, and a pond of brand new oil underneith the car.

WHY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry, just venting.

Its friday Night, do you know where I am :( Home and Miserable.

HAHAH, sorry ben but i have to quote this for "moe man" and "1.8l"...i always said i hated vw:rofl: :rofl:

Seanith
11-02-2003, 12:06 AM
heh that sucks ben. did you say you changed the winter tires ON TO the other rims? if so thats pretty hardcore.. isn't that hard to do without a tire balancing machine or something? sorry if i read wrong. but yeah winter sucks i hate putting my car through this shit. at least i changed out my tailights to the ghetto 96-98 ones and put on my winters and a spare bumper! now i don't have to worry as much about my baby getting hurt in the ice and snow :(

Ben
11-02-2003, 12:35 AM
I have Summer Alloys and Winter Alloys. The Winter Alloys were sporting some bald all seasons, so I took those rims and my recently purchased winter rubber to the shop on the way to work and picked them up on the way home (i got a ride).

Then I just pulled the summer wheels off and threw the winter wheels on when I got home :)

itsnotaDUB
11-02-2003, 05:50 AM
mad at VW???? come on ben you dont have to use such harsh word, now take it back you know you love all VW's no matter how much you say it, now take it back,, take it back,,,, NOW!!!!!!!!!
lol

three.eighteen.
11-02-2003, 12:37 PM
i had a bad experience with the winter switchover this year too...i decided to buy steelies, so i decided i would call ahead, i called several tire shops around calgary, no one has 15" with a 5x120 bolt pattern except for the kal tire out on 72nd ave. so i head out there with my dads truck (beautiful 4x4 and brand new michelin ltxs) with my michelin pilot alpins in the back, they say leave em for a few hours and i can pick them up mounted and balanced...awesome, right?...naw. i pick them up and mount them the next day, putting them on it seemed the hub fitment was a bit tight, but i figured maybe theyll strech (or something retarded like that). eventually i get all 4 wheels on, and its time for a test drive, freaking wobbly as hell, go home, look at the wheels...theres not a single goddamn weight on them...so the bmw stays parked another night

next day i head back to kal tire in my car, pretty far drive on wheels that seemed unbalanced to shit, so the monkeys there start taking my wheels off, then the idiot that never balanced the wheels from the first place comes out of the back to tell me "you didnt put the wheels on straight, thats why its wobbly" by now ive probably taken my wheels of and on at least a dozen times, but i figured i could be wrong, this whole time ive been watching them from the window into the shop and they all congregate around the last wheel to come off, then the guy that sold me the steelies tells me the wheels never fit on the hub properly, but remember no one else in calgary has 15" w/ 5x120 so im basically stranded at kaltire with a bmw with 0 wheels that fit and its the middle of the day so all my friends are at school or work, eventually they lend me a kaltire truck to drive to my house load up my stock wheels and bring them back...

the only good part about this was i got the changeover onto stock wheels for free, after my $500 refund on the steelies and everything related...so anyone w/ a bmw looking for steelies, only go to bmw...

Davetronz
11-02-2003, 12:41 PM
Jesus Ben, you have bad luck with that car!

Ben
11-02-2003, 12:51 PM
Its not the car I have bad luck with, its life!

I am the king of bad luck :)

maximus
11-02-2003, 02:57 PM
Thats brutal ben. My 16v gets pampered and stays in the garage. But I will have to drive her this winter starting tuesday. Gotta put the wheels on tomorrow. :(

I had a 91 jetta and last winter it stayed out on the driveway all winter. Never had a problem with anything freezing let a lone any mechanical damage. Only once my door froze open after I washed it but a couple minutes of playing with it it was all good. :dunno:

Maybe you got one of those older VWs that seem to fall apart very easily. They are VARY RARE though... consider yourself lucky! :D

Ben
11-02-2003, 02:59 PM
nah, its not that its falling apart, its just that I didn't take care of it, and now its spiting me, but Shes spent the last 2 nights in our nice warm garage and should be good to go :) Everything fixed and workin good.

maximus
11-02-2003, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by Ben
nah, its not that its falling apart, its just that I didn't take care of it, and now its spiting me, but Shes spent the last 2 nights in our nice warm garage and should be good to go :) Everything fixed and workin good.

Theres your problem right there. VWs are like women, very tempermental. If you don't take care of them, they will make your life a living hell.

James
11-03-2003, 12:20 AM
Originally posted by maximus

Theres your problem right there. VWs are like women, very tempermental. If you don't take care of them, they will make your life a living hell.

:werd:....i learned that the hard way with my first VW, that damn passat spent more time in my garage then on the road, so tempermental it was annoying :thumbsdow....ive put 9000km on my jetta in less than 3 months now since i bought it, and the key is just taking care of it....who woulda thought :rolleyes:

Skyline_Addict
11-03-2003, 12:25 AM
happy halloween!
:eek:
:rofl:

Davetronz
11-03-2003, 02:27 AM
Originally posted by Ben
Its not the car I have bad luck with, its life!

I am the king of bad luck :)
Well.....
I think that calls for b33r and st34k!

Ben
11-03-2003, 02:31 AM
Originally posted by FastDak318

Well.....
I think that calls for b33r and st34k!

w3rd, that would be Uber L337!@11

legendboy
11-03-2003, 09:07 AM
when will VW owners ever learn :rofl:

redline
11-03-2003, 10:42 AM
I remember those days.... now on tuesday i just changed the button from 2 wheel drive to 4 wheel drive and i was good to go!

SinisterProbeGt
11-03-2003, 12:51 PM
need a good rabbit for winter cause I happen to have one with a good spare on the front!!!!

Ekliptix
11-03-2003, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by legendboy
when will VW owners ever learn :rofl:

no kidding eh?

nice sig Correy, you smugged out my name :rolleyes:

;)

Moe Man
11-03-2003, 03:00 PM
my vw is running like i champ sometimes i forget the it is even on and my tires are unreal,barly spin my tires and stops like a M3

legendboy
11-03-2003, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by Ekliptix

no kidding eh?

nice sig Correy, you smugged out my name :rolleyes:

;)

not a bad job eh!