View Full Version : Turbo Prelude and Dodge SRT-4 Dyno Comparisons

Phuqu
10-31-2003, 11:30 PM
First the Prelude.
http://www.151boost.com/turbolude/images/dyno_at5.jpg

Now a Stock SRT-4.
http://www.apexmodified.ca/pics/dansrt4a.jpg

Looks pretty cut and dried to me.

Still looking for hard facts on import reliability compared to domestics.

Ben
10-31-2003, 11:42 PM
Dude, your charts mean NOTHING!

You are not comparing apples to apples here.

An SRT4 motor is an SRT motor, a honda motor is a honda motor.

-SRT has more displacement.
-SRT is FACTORY TURBO (reliable boost)
-SRT is NEW
-SRT is a good bang for its buck backed up by good warenty

-Honda has way less displacement
-Honda required alot of work to drop compression and have CUSTOM turbo set up built as honda does not make a Turbo car.
-Hondas were not Engineered to have Forced Induction.
-The Honda Chart does not explain what setup the car was running whatsoeverall it shows is a line.
-Honda Motors have a far different design than the SRT's
-Domestics traditionally have more bang per buck but at a loss for luxury (For example, Lincon Navigators use FAKE wood, and they are like 80 grand, VW uses REAL wood in their 25k Jettas. Corvette, Fast as a Porsche, but far lesser build quality)

WHATS YOUR POINT!!!

Why do they have Ketchup in Green, Purple and Blue? Why do airlines have Coach and First Class? Why does Calgary have like 20 radio stations? Why do malls consist of more than ONE store?

BECAUSE NOT EVERYONE LIKES THE SAME THING!!! To each their own.

If I thingk a car is ugly, I wont buy it cause it performs better than my car. We live in a CAPITALIST society, and people can buy and drive whatever they please if it makes them happy. Some people find alot of fun in building a car that is not offered stock. A turbo Honda is not exactly something you can buy at the dealership like an SRT, so why not have it. You are obviously not a true car enthusiast. You are immature in the ways of understanding ALL manufacturers, you're still in the early stage of "My car is best and no one says otherwise" Learn to appreciate OTHER things, and step out of your bubble. Case Closed.

04blackMAX
10-31-2003, 11:51 PM
hey next why dont you compare a ferrari 360 F1 to a base neon, id liek to see how that chart looks!!

4G63Power
10-31-2003, 11:54 PM
Originally posted by Ben
Dude, your charts mean NOTHING!

You are not comparing apples to apples here.

An SRT4 motor is an SRT motor, a honda motor is a honda motor.

-SRT has more displacement.
-SRT is FACTORY TURBO (reliable boost)
-SRT is NEW
-SRT is a good bang for its buck backed up by good warenty

-Honda has way less displacement
-Honda required alot of work to drop compression and have CUSTOM turbo set up built as honda does not make a Turbo car.
-Hondas were not Engineered to have Forced Induction.
-The Honda Chart does not explain what setup the car was running whatsoeverall it shows is a line.
-Honda Motors have a far different design than the SRT's
-Domestics traditionally have more bang per buck but at a loss for luxury (For example, Lincon Navigators use FAKE wood, and they are like 80 grand, VW uses REAL wood in their 25k Jettas. Corvette, Fast as a Porsche, but far lesser build quality)

WHATS YOUR POINT!!!

Why do they have Ketchup in Green, Purple and Blue? Why do airlines have Coach and First Class? Why does Calgary have like 20 radio stations? Why do malls consist of more than ONE store?

BECAUSE NOT EVERYONE LIKES THE SAME THING!!! To each their own.

If I thingk a car is ugly, I wont buy it cause it performs better than my car. We live in a CAPITALIST society, and people can buy and drive whatever they please if it makes them happy. Some people find alot of fun in building a car that is not offered stock. A turbo Honda is not exactly something you can buy at the dealership like an SRT, so why not have it. You are obviously not a true car enthusiast. You are immature in the ways of understanding ALL manufacturers, you're still in the early stage of "My car is best and no one says otherwise" Learn to appreciate OTHER things, and step out of your bubble. Case Closed.

Amen

xkon
10-31-2003, 11:56 PM
owned:thumbsup:

syeve
10-31-2003, 11:59 PM
First a SR4-t
http://www.apexmodified.ca/pics/dansrt4a.jpg

Now a prelude

http://www3.telus.net/public/bunryn/gallery/Sept12dyno.jpg

you fuckin tart...you cant compare the two

Listen to Ben dude, you do NOT know what you are talking about.

syeve
11-01-2003, 12:04 AM
oh, and here this should clear up those "relability issues" you were asking about.

http://www.runeb.org/www_docs/Jexoticasite/soundandvideo/jdpowername2003.gif

illeagle
11-01-2003, 12:09 AM
that chart don't mean shit, all though I was surprised to see Land rover way down therrr

syeve
11-01-2003, 12:12 AM
Originally posted by illeagle
that chart don't mean shit,

you right dude, JD power is full of garbage...lets listen to you from now on

Ben
11-01-2003, 12:14 AM
Originally posted by syeve

you right dude, JD power is full of garbage...lets listen to you from now on

That chart does have some inaccuracies in it though. Some vehicles are a bit higher than average for the time period they tested.

syeve
11-01-2003, 12:46 AM
I know, no one page chart could ever sum up car reliability accoss the board. I dont even know what Im arguing about anymore, I blackout when i read threads like this.

sandman
11-01-2003, 01:15 AM
Y not compare a stock turno domestic to a stock turbo import huh?

SRT4
we'll equate that to a maybe RB25DET?
haha compare a RB25DET powered car to a neon there buddy
and hp...well...if uwanna look at power y not look at 1/4 mile times instead moron
a 240 w/ an RB26DETT has 270 hp, anf my car has stock 300.... but the 240 would slaughter me, check out 1/4 mile times
on a stock SR20DET vs a SRT4.....fag

5.9 R/T
11-01-2003, 01:31 AM
This thread was made to prove this wrong:

Originally posted by LudeRoca
I'd like to c that car put out numbers with out a factory turbo. Put a turbo on a honda and it will blow the SRT out of the water.

In Reference to this thread: http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=25759&perpage=40&pagenumber=2

This thread on it's own it makes no sense, but as a rebuttal to the above comment it does, weak as it may be.

Phuqu
11-01-2003, 02:30 AM
Originally posted by 5.9 R/T
This thread was made to prove this wrong:

In Reference to this thread: http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=25759&perpage=40&pagenumber=2

This thread on it's own it makes no sense, but as a rebuttal to the above comment it does, weak as it may be.

Thank you. I got lazy and made a small post to quickly dismiss his point.

It borders on trolling. But I do enjoy the spririted responses.

Phuqu
11-01-2003, 02:32 AM
Originally posted by Ben
You are immature in the ways of understanding ALL manufacturers, you're still in the early stage of "My car is best and no one says otherwise"

Show me where I said my car is best?

Didn't say it did I?

Thought so.

Case closed.

04blackMAX
11-01-2003, 02:46 AM
u drive a neon??

muahhaahhahahaha get outta here a neon.....cooooool..hahahahha

buh_buh
11-01-2003, 03:02 AM
dude that is the lowest turbo Prelude dyno chart I have ever seen.