PDA

View Full Version : Any good riding around?

Matlok77
07-05-2009, 02:19 AM
After returning from a trip to BC on my D675 it's kind of hard to stay pumped about riding in the prairies and the city.

The lake road from Creston-wyndell-kootenay lake ferry to Nelson is badass/a must ride and I'm lucky my mom lives at the foot of it. I ran it a few times while out there and it's no secret, there were tons of bikes on the road enjoying the twisties.

Other than OBCR, are there any routes around the city that offer good riding (varied smooth-surfaced corners etc.) ??

thanks,

Matt

old&slow
07-05-2009, 07:19 AM
Do the Creston-Caslegar-Nakusp-Lumby run...you'll never want to ride in Alberta again!

Matlok77
07-05-2009, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by old&slow
Do the Creston-Caslegar-Nakusp-Lumby run...you'll never want to ride in Alberta again!

Yep- I've done that one as well, it's like it was designed for riding. I live in Calgary now...hence my thread. ;)

bakerboy
07-06-2009, 07:01 PM
head to bragg creek, go north to cochrane ( straight i know but once u pass cochrane is good ) head thru cocrhane across the bridge turn left at highway 1A keep on that road it will take you past ghost lake thru the reserve and into canmore..... VERY nice ride the road is pretty decent and the scenery is amazing ! prob doin that trip this weekend.

Another short one is take mcloud trail south out of calgary about 3 km ull see tee pees on the right hand side turn there follow it all the way down till the millerville turn off take a right follow that all the way intill it comes to a T intersection. take a left follow it ull see the miller ville turn off take a right there n follow it all the way out untill u get to the bragg creek trail. take a right on there n there is some decent riding from there all the way to bragg creek.

but if u have the chance do the first one.... u wont regret it.

Matlok77
07-06-2009, 10:34 PM
Thanks for the writeup bakerboy, much appreciated!!. If the damn weather clears I might have to explore the first route you described this weekend.

bakerboy
07-06-2009, 11:50 PM
yea my little crew is heading out there sat itsaspose to be 24.. maybe well c u out there

Matlok77
07-10-2009, 09:24 AM
Originally posted by bakerboy
yea my little crew is heading out there sat itsaspose to be 24.. maybe well c u out there

Got all my maintenance done last night...I'm planning to head out there around noon or earlier with a buddy and his Duc. tomorrow. How many of you are there? I'll keep a lookout.

...hope the weather holds.

japan_us
07-10-2009, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by bakerboy
head to bragg creek, go north to cochrane ( straight i know but once u pass cochrane is good ) head thru cocrhane across the bridge turn left at highway 1A keep on that road it will take you past ghost lake thru the reserve and into canmore..... VERY nice ride the road is pretty decent and the scenery is amazing ! prob doin that trip this weekend.

Another short one is take mcloud trail south out of calgary about 3 km ull see tee pees on the right hand side turn there follow it all the way down till the millerville turn off take a right follow that all the way intill it comes to a T intersection. take a left follow it ull see the miller ville turn off take a right there n follow it all the way out untill u get to the bragg creek trail. take a right on there n there is some decent riding from there all the way to bragg creek.

but if u have the chance do the first one.... u wont regret it.

I've done this route multiple times (4 times this year alone). :thumbsup:

Matlok77
07-10-2009, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by japan_us

I've done this route multiple times (4 times this year alone). :thumbsup:

Nice, a fellow Triumph rider. Is that a Thruxton?

japan_us
07-12-2009, 03:00 PM
^ Nope - a Street Triple. :)

Matlok77
07-13-2009, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by japan_us
^ Nope - a Street Triple. :)

yep- it sure is, I should have looked at your sig :zzz:

Good choice!