PDA

View Full Version : help (advice wanted)

Malfaction
11-01-2003, 12:31 AM
i have an 87 civic gl (4 dr) and the 2 left speakers are blown, it just has the factory stereo speakers (i replaced the deck) what speakers would work, and what should i get?

illeagle
11-01-2003, 12:35 AM
get factory speakers, or buy 4 new ones. junk yard? GM speakers are good

-APEX-
11-01-2003, 12:44 AM
go to pick your part umm it should cost you like 15 bucks i was there a couple weeks ago the got a bunch of civics

bart
11-01-2003, 12:52 AM
i have 4 golf speakers and 4 tweeters if you want them. like 3 months old, from a 2002. i think they're 5 3/4" or 6.5".

$150

Weapon_R
11-01-2003, 01:01 AM
Wait for a sale, you can get many decent speakers (at least better than factory) for around 40-60 brand new. I'd go for that.

Malfaction
11-01-2003, 01:48 AM
right, like i want new stuff, i dont want to replace the old piece of trash speakers, i want new ones all around, and maybe a sub, amp, etc

whats the prince range on a full setup w/ installation fee, and i dont want a super crazy setup, just something decent, better than modern day factory

D'z Nutz
11-01-2003, 02:06 AM
Like Weapon_R said, wait for a sale. If you're not in any rush, every once in a while you'll find some package deal with enough goodies for a whole system with the install included in the price.

)v(ortal
11-01-2003, 11:35 AM
go to soundsaround... tell them wat you had... and then tell them wat you want...just get some cheap pioneers, (sound better tehn stock) and get a type-s 10" and a small amp and that will be good enough.... but talk to Drew on 32ave ne

-db

yohan4ws
11-04-2003, 12:05 PM
I have a 12" sub box just sittin in my basement if you want to buy it ... speaking of I should measure it and post it online here ..

npham
11-04-2003, 10:53 PM
dont go to soundsaround. You should be able to install most of the speakers yourself. gimme your budget, and I know I will be able to do something with it

Big_C_racing
11-10-2003, 01:21 AM
You can build a system from pretty much $400 + if you do it yourself. Stores jack prices way up and stereo equip depreciates real fast so second hand is always a good option. If you got the time and budget is limited, installing it yourself is your best option. everything is straight forward...only real pain is wiring power from battery to amp. Dont go to soundsuround to get it installed if you dont decide to do it yourself. The have a real bad rep and from my experience dont do much of a job.

)v(ortal
11-10-2003, 06:16 PM
go to soundsaround 32ave talk to Drew, tell him Danny sent you, tell him wat you want... and im sure he'll get you a deal... oh and 32ave has there best installer there the guy that works on all the custom shit and high end cars!! if u take a civic in there then u get the lower end guys so ya!!! good luck, let us know wat you get

-db

link785
11-10-2003, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by )v(ortal
go to soundsaround 32ave talk to Drew, tell him Danny sent you, tell him wat you want... and im sure he'll get you a deal... oh and 32ave has there best installer there the guy that works on all the custom shit and high end cars!! if u take a civic in there then u get the lower end guys so ya!!! good luck, let us know wat you get

So we have to talk to Drew, otherwise we get bad installers? So if we bring in a Mercedes, we get good treatment. If we bring in a Civic, we get crappy treatment? ...Yeah, this a shop with some REAL great standards :thumbsdow

)v(ortal
11-11-2003, 11:08 AM
no u dont... high end cars = high most experience car audio there.. not saying the least experience are bad... its just the they been there longer and have worked on the cars more and get paid more.... yes some of the installers ALL around audio shops have piss poor ones... just say "take care of my car and let the top end guys do it" ive seen there schedule for cars to do and its pretty high end... modlings in audis / benz llots to do in there.... i only trust 32 ave soundsaround and couple others

-db

)v(ortal
11-11-2003, 11:10 AM
ok put it this way i recommend Drew and Soundsaround i cant remember the installers name, i recommand the soundsaround 32ave .... talk to the guys in the grey shirts Drew or the other guy thats really tall... cant remember his name either think it maybe Gary i cant remember but hes a cool guy, both guys have a full understanding and will treat u good...

you just need to know who ur talkin to and know wat u want... just listen and see ask for deals, make deals with them they can work sumthin around wat u want / need , with a deal..this is how i met drew,

went to soundsaround one day, talked to some dude after talkin to sevral other guys and just talked to drew bout 2 type-r 10" in a box, it was the type-r and the type-r box... i only bout the 1 10" and the floor modle type-r box, y the floor modle box??? becouse it was in excellent shap, only had a little chip in the front and i asked about it.. he gave me a deal on them both... this was 2-3 years ago... 300$ for it.....been friends with him ever since

-db

)v(ortal
11-11-2003, 11:26 AM
its depending on the job is wat it is.... if its a deck well then there u go... if you get a dvd player ull get the guy who can install them the best... everyone has there strengths and weakness's ... like everyone else does... you might be able hook up a deck but not a amp (not sayins just makin a point)... or ur buddy can install a wire kit clean but urs is sloppy...so ya... wat im sayin is

i TRUST soundsaround 32 ave

-db

link785
11-11-2003, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by )v(ortal
its depending on the job is wat it is.... if its a deck well then there u go... if you get a dvd player ull get the guy who can install them the best... everyone has there strengths and weakness's ... like everyone else does... you might be able hook up a deck but not a amp (not sayins just makin a point)... or ur buddy can install a wire kit clean but urs is sloppy...so ya... wat im sayin is

i TRUST soundsaround 32 ave

-db

I see. So again, to get the better qualified installer (I've never met someone who can't hook up a deck, but can hook up a DVD player), you have to buy the higher end products.

Every installer they have should be able to wire up anything and everything they sell. Never, at both A&B Sound, as well as Visions, have I seen / met an installer that couldn't install something that the store sells.

To have two or three tier service is bullshit, and that's why many people have serious issues with Soundsaround. Good for you if you trust them, 70% of the rest of us who have been there do not.