PDA

View Full Version : Rogers outage?

Canmorite
07-05-2009, 01:16 PM
Anyone else having Rogers connectivity problems? I'm downtown in Mission and can't get any reception, but when I go downtown everything works. On an iPhone, everything worked fine until last night when it quit.

Rogers tech support has been useless so far. :dunno:

-STi-
07-05-2009, 01:19 PM
I'm in southwest calgary (oakridge, cedarbrae area) and I have full coverage. I have a Bold and everything is working good, says i have 3G. So maybe just where you are?

Canmorite
07-05-2009, 01:28 PM
When I shut 3G off, Edge works fine. Weird, 3G worked fine for two weeks. Maybe it's my old sim card?

HRD2PLZ
07-05-2009, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by Canmorite
When I shut 3G off, Edge works fine. Weird, 3G worked fine for two weeks. Maybe it's my old sim card?

It could be your sim card... I was having problems with my iPhone and Rogers said it was because I had a 3000 series (I think) sim card and those apparently don't work well with the iPhone.

That being said, I haven't had any problems with my iPhone today and I've been all over the city.

arian_ma
07-05-2009, 02:10 PM
Or it could be that every cell phone in the city is concentrated in the Stampede area and the towers just can't handle the traffic?

Canmorite
07-05-2009, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by arian_ma
Or it could be that every cell phone in the city is concentrated in the Stampede area and the towers just can't handle the traffic?

We're right next to it so that could be it, but I don't know why. My roommates iPhone is having the same problem.

dannie
07-05-2009, 02:38 PM
The same thing happened to me when I was at mercato today. Couldnt send or receive until I got to McLeod and 39th-ish. All of my texts all sent at the same time and I received a ton of texts/emails.

I'm back in the south end of the city now and there is no problem.

Weapon_R
07-05-2009, 02:40 PM
I always have problems with my connection at the Stampede.

badatusrnames
07-05-2009, 02:42 PM
Yeah, I think the towers around the Stampede grounds just get hammered with the concentration of people in that area...

Canmorite
07-05-2009, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by dannie
The same thing happened to me when I was at mercato today. Couldnt send or receive until I got to McLeod and 39th-ish. All of my texts all sent at the same time and I received a ton of texts/emails.

I'm back in the south end of the city now and there is no problem.

Originally posted by badatusrnames
Yeah, I think the towers around the Stampede grounds just get hammered with the concentration of people in that area...

Ya I'm close to Mercato. Weird. I bet it has to do with the concentration of people at Stampede like badatusrnames said.

Jeremiah
07-05-2009, 11:09 PM
My 3gS keeps saying no sim card??

I was advised to get a new one since mine is so old

eglove
07-05-2009, 11:22 PM
I had no 3G in Banff today :dunno:

Ashers
07-06-2009, 09:58 AM
Mine was fine in Banff yesterday, and Jasper... It did however say "No Service" on the Ice Field Parkway though... but thats a completely different issue ;) (Don't ever run out of fuel on the Parkway)

cdnsir
07-06-2009, 10:45 AM
They always say they've got the most reliable network right? But is there some sorta guarantee that would credit us back whenever there's no service/dropped calls? I'm with Fido so I don't think I'll get the full treatment, but Rogers might be doing something about this to back their claim. :dunno:

syeve
07-06-2009, 10:50 AM
They are upgrading the 3g...switch to 2g for about a week. Buddy told me this yesterday who works for rogers