PDA

View Full Version : I got a Ticket

BigBearWest
11-01-2003, 04:18 AM
I slid through a stop sign and there was an underciver cops behind me, he pulled me over and gave me a failing to stop ticket. Is there anyway to get it reduce? Anyone know how many demerits it is?

TIA

Import_Girl
11-01-2003, 06:04 AM
thats not fair....if you go to court you will gt it reduced and they usually wont deduct merits if u go....just tell them you were trying to stop and slid on the ice

Maxt
11-01-2003, 08:00 AM
According to the police, if you driving for the conditions, you should have no problem stopping, and hence the tickets issued for red light and stopsign infractions stand, regardless of weather.. Pretty funny, in the last week, I saw at least 3 cops who obviously werent driving for the conditions, one cop in a full size van slid through the intersection on southland drive just by superstore, right through the red light, wonder if he wrote himself for that one...Over in foothills industrial, a cruiser slid onto 61 ave, and just about got the front end of the car ripped off by a semi tractor.. There was enough room for the semi to squeeze in behind me and the car behind me to avoid the collision, I thought the cop was gonna get smacked, his face was pretty white...Max

403Gemini
11-01-2003, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by Maxt
According to the police, if you driving for the conditions, you should have no problem stopping, and hence the tickets issued for red light and stopsign infractions stand, regardless of weather.. Pretty funny, in the last week, I saw at least 3 cops who obviously werent driving for the conditions, one cop in a full size van slid through the intersection on southland drive just by superstore, right through the red light, wonder if he wrote himself for that one...Over in foothills industrial, a cruiser slid onto 61 ave, and just about got the front end of the car ripped off by a semi tractor.. There was enough room for the semi to squeeze in behind me and the car behind me to avoid the collision, I thought the cop was gonna get smacked, his face was pretty white...Max

i see about a hundred people a day with the same story, but i dont post it. your posting it cause their in marked cars and you can easily point em out. they're human too get over it.

But yes id try and fight it, as much as i like to stand up for cops (seems like me and only 3-4 others do on this board) id fight this ticket. i tried stoppin about 15 feet away from a stop sign and was only goin 40 and i slid just barely passed the stop sign, only my front end was petruding out a bit. you could easily just explain "im sorry i didnt see the patch of ice, and i tried to stop my wheels were locked" and im sure right there itd lower your ticket price. how much is it anyways?

EDIT: did you also end up stopping, or just figure "Fuck it, im half way through im going for it" cause if so, i could easily understand why the cop thought you were just runnin it

rx7_turbo2
11-01-2003, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by 403Gemini

i see about a hundred people a day with the same story, but i dont post it. your posting it cause their in marked cars and you can easily point em out. they're human too get over it.

You missed the point completely.

The driver who got the ticket was human, did the cop "get over it"? No he issued a ticket.

Given the current state of the roads you would hope there was some understanding. If running the stop sign was blatant then the ticket is reasonable.

403Gemini
11-01-2003, 12:50 PM
well i didnt miss the point if he answers my next question in my post

EDIT: did you also end up stopping, or just figure "Fuck it, im half way through im going for it" cause if so, i could easily understand why the cop thought you were just runnin it

cause if he kept on goin i could understand that the cop saw it as just goin through

also i fully agree, there should be some leaway with these weather conditions, way i see it if everybody is okay thats all that matters :)

rx7_turbo2
11-01-2003, 12:58 PM
well i didnt miss the point if he answers my next question in my post

cause if he kept on goin i could understand that the cop saw it as just goin through

also i fully agree, there should be some leaway with these weather conditions, way i see it if everybody is okay thats all that matters :)

Cool

Nobody slides through an intersection on purpose (for the most part) so by doing so the driver learned the lesson about stopping before, or slowing down earlier. No one was hurt no vehicles were damaged, driver learnt his lesson, so what's the point of the ticket?

Ben
11-01-2003, 01:02 PM
go talk to the CP and he'll reduce it to likely no demerits and a smaller charge

BigBearWest
11-01-2003, 01:27 PM
the cost of the ticket is 287 and i said fuck it cause i was sliding on to mac trail and decide on not get hit.

403Gemini
11-01-2003, 02:06 PM
thats the shits man, seriously try and fight it.

bart
11-01-2003, 02:39 PM
next time you're by a cop at a light on ice, dont start going when it turns green, tell him if you had, he would have given you a ticket for stunting (spinning your tires) and you didnt want that.

ahahah i will do that.

max_boost
11-01-2003, 02:53 PM
Get some cheap snow tires, I saw a Canadian Tire commercial and the tires are starting from $39.99 each? lol

Anyway, that will help you stop next time :)

sexualbanana
11-01-2003, 03:05 PM
You could try slowing dow, or braking a little sooner.

BigBearWest
11-01-2003, 03:42 PM
yeah i will slow down sooner and will buy new tire on monday. thank for the input guys

Maxt
11-01-2003, 04:12 PM

But yes id try and fight it, as much as i like to stand up for cops (seems like me and only 3-4 others do on this board) id fight this ticket. i tried stoppin about 15 feet away from a stop sign and was only goin 40 and i slid just barely passed the stop sign, only my front end was petruding out a bit. you could easily just explain "im sorry i didnt see the patch of ice, and i tried to stop my wheels were locked" and im sure right there itd lower your ticket price. how much is it anyways?

If you say there should be some leeway, what is the point of your post?
I guess you don't listen to the news much, this week, they made a point of coming out and saying that drivers will still receive red light infractions from the cameras even though the road conditions were poor, they said it doesn't matter what conditions the roads are in, if you are prepared, you can stop no matter what... I find it funny that they would say such a thing, however in real life, as I was pointing out, I saw several police blow through red lights and stops signs in the last couple of days.
Apparently, being human isn't an excuse for the public, but it is for the police, funny thing that isn't it?....
Maxt

GTS Jeff
11-01-2003, 08:21 PM
lol u rx7 guys stick together..

403gemini, i think maxt is just saying that it sucks that the cops can be above the law.

403Gemini
11-02-2003, 01:51 AM
dont like it, then dont call em when you need em
period.

(ie: car stolen/broken into, friend gets shit kicked outta em etc etc) people bitch way to much about cops. Fuck id love to see the cops go on strike for one HOUR and see this city fall apart just to teach all the cocky fuckers out there a lesson)

link785
11-02-2003, 03:01 AM
period.

(ie: car stolen/broken into, friend gets shit kicked outta em etc etc) people bitch way to much about cops. Fuck id love to see the cops go on strike for one HOUR and see this city fall apart just to teach all the cocky fuckers out there a lesson)

Backing up 403Gemini here, I'm going to agree with him. And let's not all forget, driving is a privilage, NOT a right. If the conditions are too shitty, don't drive. I sure as hell don't, I keep my ass at home and avoid problems such as sliding through intersections.

With that said, go see the CP and they will most likely at least remove demerits. And learn from this experience, and slow down or don't drive when the weather is too shitty.

403Gemini
11-02-2003, 03:09 AM
wow, thanks link 785 :)

link785
11-02-2003, 03:16 AM
wow, thanks link 785 :)

Ummmm, yeah, call me Abom :rofl:

No prob tho, people need to remember that driving isn't a given right in this country, or any other country for that matter. If you can't handle the road conditions, don't drive, it's really simple.

BigBearWest
11-02-2003, 03:23 AM
One ? would ponitts be able to help me?

link785
11-02-2003, 03:25 AM
Originally posted by BigBearWest
One ? would ponitts be able to help me?

Yes, POINTTS are your best bet if you don't want to go talk to the CP yourself.

Maxt
11-02-2003, 07:44 AM
period.

Thats got nothing to do with it.....
IF there was a police strike, I really don't think it would make a damn bit of difference, those that are inclined to break the laws at free will, do it anyway, if that wasn't true you wouldn't have the crimes stats in the paper every week, and thats with cops on the streets, cops are never there when you need them, only after..
So link, I guess those cops that slid through the stops shouldn't be driving then, is that what you are saying....tell them that....Maxt

link785
11-02-2003, 09:38 AM

Thats got nothing to do with it.....
IF there was a police strike, I really don't think it would make a damn bit of difference, those that are inclined to break the laws at free will, do it anyway, if that wasn't true you wouldn't have the crimes stats in the paper every week, and thats with cops on the streets, cops are never there when you need them, only after..
So link, I guess those cops that slid through the stops shouldn't be driving then, is that what you are saying....tell them that....Maxt

Dude, call me Abom, lol :D

Anyways, if you take what I said, then actually, the cops should be driving. They HAVE to drive around, regardless of weather conditions. They don't have the luxury of saying "alrighty, weather is pretty bad outside, let's stay at home tonight instead of going out".

And cops are generally there after the fact, yes, how else would it be? You would need a police force of a ratio of 1 officer to 2 citizens if you wanted them to just walk in on every single crime in progress. The way our policing system works is just that. Cops respond to calls. Usually when you call, the fact has already been done. But to give them some credit, they do once in a while catch something in progress.

GTS Jeff
11-02-2003, 11:46 AM
period.

(ie: car stolen/broken into, friend gets shit kicked outta em etc etc) people bitch way to much about cops. Fuck id love to see the cops go on strike for one HOUR and see this city fall apart just to teach all the cocky fuckers out there a lesson) that isnt the point man!! the point is that cops should not be above the law. i didnt say i dont like cops and that society doesnt need them. in fact i do like cops and society does need them. but that doesnt give them the right to exclude themselves from the law.

403Gemini
11-02-2003, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by GTS Jeff
that isnt the point man!! the point is that cops should not be above the law. i didnt say i dont like cops and that society doesnt need them. in fact i do like cops and society does need them. but that doesnt give them the right to exclude themselves from the law.

so you choose to select the jack ass 1/5 of the cops who think they are above the law or have that cockey attitude and say "ALL cops" are like this? thats a ballsy move. sorta like saying all chinese drivers are bad. Ive had a bad experience with chinese drivers, should i now permanately hate them, or even start threads about how shitty they are every single chance i see one do something wrong?

its no different with police, there are assholes in every group in society. races, positions of authority etc etc.

So why do people single out police?

alloroc
11-02-2003, 01:13 PM
Fight it if you can same thing happened to me in 1980 however.

The cop was actually parked on the other side of the intersection (we had front plates then) and was already writing out the ticket as I was sliding through. It seemed I conveniently stopped on the only sand within miles, just beside the cop car.

I fought it, the judge killed the stop fine and demerits but said that 'after considering both sides' he felt I was travelling too fast for the conditions, I was fined for speeding.

redec
11-02-2003, 01:16 PM

police are a popular target because we pay their salaries for them to 'serve and protect' us, but yet generally the only time we see them is when they're ripping yet more money out of our wallets via tickets. When we really need them (like when a car is stolen, or house is broken into) they're not terribly eager to help, and rarely get any results....*shrug*

Don't get me wrong, I'm not against police and I think the majority of them do their job just fine, but this is the perception many people have of them.

Ben
11-02-2003, 01:17 PM
Dont waste your money on points. to fight this for you its conna cost you like 200 bucks anyways, and all they will do is likely get the demerits removed and maybe get the ticket moved to a R.O (registered owner) or some other infraction, which will cost you more because of their fee + the fine.

Go talk to the CP, he'll almost definatly take off the demerits.

287 bucks to fight yourself. Hire points = like 300+

Pointts is only worth it if you get a pink ticket.

403Gemini
11-02-2003, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by redec

police are a popular target because we pay their salaries for them to 'serve and protect' us, but yet generally the only time we see them is when they're ripping yet more money out of our wallets via tickets. When we really need them (like when a car is stolen, or house is broken into) they're not terribly eager to help, and rarely get any results....*shrug*

Don't get me wrong, I'm not against police and I think the majority of them do their job just fine, but this is the perception many people have of them.

dont think the money your paying is actually paying them decent though. Cops become cops because they want to help society. they have the shittiest hours and one of the worst paying jobs with the LEAST respect (ie: 90% of this forum is cop haters, face it, its a fact). Most of of the people on this forum wouldnt even have the balls to do what they do for 6 months.

You dont get the presitege service you feel you "deserve" because your call about "my car got broken into" last night is about the 40th they've recieved. Its no differant when somebody calls a computer store "I got a virus" the people at the computer store dont care how much of your computer is gone, or if your life is ruined from this. So what is the difference? People who are computer illeterate rely on telus to "protect" their computer with their "advanced firewall" and when shit hits the fan (the virus that struck earlier this year) NOBODY bitched about telus.

Fact is cops get singled out way to much, and deserve more respect than everybody gives em... why do they hate teenagers? cause the teenagers have the mentality "Oh great im pulled over cause im a teenager" the kid never thinks "ahh shit i got pulled over cause i was fingering somebody/lane changing without singling/speeding" etc etc. and when they get pulled over they start verbally harrassing the cop. if i had to put up with a group (ie: teens, white people, asians, ANYTHING) everyday id fuckin start to get pissy with them too

people bitch to much. I didnt think calgary was so bad till i did a few ride alongs. I never thought people were "chemically imbalanced" and then we went to some kids house to arrest him for attempted rape, his MOTHER was on crack and was threatening to shoot the neighbors and the cops there to arrest HER kid for trying to rape a 19 year old girl.

when you deal with events like that EVERY day for the rest of your life, then yes you can have an excuse to bitch, but most peeps here live a sugar coated life where they wake up, goto work at their lovely office job, and come home. wow life must be tuff

[/rant]

to sum it up,

you show them respect they will give you ALMOST always get treated with equal respect.

link785
11-02-2003, 07:07 PM
Well said 403G. I bring the example of the thread a while back, where someone, I forget who it was now, was complaining because he got a few tickets one night. He was sitting waiting for a friend from the bar/club, cops came, told him to leave, so he asks "why don't you tell everyone else who's parked here to leave too?"

It's attitudes like this that get people in trouble and get them fined. I've been stopped so many times in the past for side window tint on my frist car, and every single time I was nice and didn't act like a fucking moron. Yes, I still got the ticket, but I didn't get any other tickets for the 4000 other things that could have been ticketed on my car. That and I never gave any cop a reason to be an ass to me, as I was never an ass to them.

GTS Jeff
11-02-2003, 08:51 PM

so you choose to select the jack ass 1/5 of the cops who think they are above the law or have that cockey attitude and say "ALL cops" are like this? thats a ballsy move. sorta like saying all chinese drivers are bad. Ive had a bad experience with chinese drivers, should i now permanately hate them, or even start threads about how shitty they are every single chance i see one do something wrong?

its no different with police, there are assholes in every group in society. races, positions of authority etc etc.

So why do people single out police? no i never singled anyone out, i didnt say "ALL cops" at all. u did.

syeve
11-02-2003, 08:56 PM
I got a "failing to stop" about a month ago...went to the court deal, got all demerits taken off and 4 months to pay the ticket. They offered me a reduced fine and less demerits...Im sure they will off you the same.

three.eighteen.
11-02-2003, 09:02 PM
valid points about cops, but everyone is a victim of 'prejudice' of this type, cops have to deal with it as much as we do, and they have no right like the rest of us to tread on others when the pressures of their jobs are too great...if you can't handle the roads then don't drive, that sounds fair...but if the cops can't handle their own jobs, i dont think they should be cops in the first place and that all our money that goes into the police system should most definetly go towards finding more qualified officers for the job

not all cops are retards, but ive met enough of them that i have formed a prejudice...just like they have against certain ppl
it works both ways...

kenny
11-02-2003, 09:05 PM
Cops become cops because they want to help society. they have the shittiest hours and one of the worst paying jobs with the LEAST respect

Starting wage of $40k, and working their way up to $62k per year is hardly "one of the worst paying jobs". :)

jeff
11-02-2003, 09:35 PM
i would take it to court many times the ticket is reduced or even eliminated

403Gemini
11-03-2003, 12:16 AM
Originally posted by three.eighteen.
valid points about cops, but everyone is a victim of 'prejudice' of this type, cops have to deal with it as much as we do, and they have no right like the rest of us to tread on others when the pressures of their jobs are too great...if you can't handle the roads then don't drive, that sounds fair...but if the cops can't handle their own jobs, i dont think they should be cops in the first place and that all our money that goes into the police system should most definetly go towards finding more qualified officers for the job

not all cops are retards, but ive met enough of them that i have formed a prejudice...just like they have against certain ppl
it works both ways...

i agree, some people arent cut out to be cops, even some of the police out there. it will catch up with them, they will quit. a job like that eats away at you.

Originally posted by kenny

Starting wage of $40k, and working their way up to $62k per year is hardly "one of the worst paying jobs". :)

actually i believe its about $30k a year starting... not 100% sure, ill ask my father in law, hes been a cop for 31 years now ;)

and even if it isnt a shitty paying job, you still have the shitty ass 10 hour shifts, that fluctuate all the time. its never a steady "9-5" job with them. also again, the lack of respect.

But yes i will say, there are asshole cops out there, cept thats all we ever hear about... never the good encounters. (gts-jeff actually said that in another thread and i give him props for that... it was a few months ago )

Primer_Drift
11-03-2003, 12:43 AM
Not to intentionally bash cops, because we DO need them, and they are just doing their job when they fine anyone. But there are times when talking to police, that it seems one of the main reasons they are in that profession, is because of the power that comes with it. Sometimes I think it goes to their head.

missblondie
11-03-2003, 01:02 AM
i saw a program on cfcn naming cp the 6th highest paid private police force in north america.

403Gemini
11-03-2003, 02:59 AM
Originally posted by acuraxx
i saw a program on cfcn naming cp the 6th highest paid private police force in north america.

when the hell did you see that??? its a fact calgary police officers are the LOWEST paid in canada. dont believe me, talk to a few cops, they'll vouch their pay is pretty bad. (mind ya everybody thinks their pay is shit lol)

Originally posted by Primer_Drift
Not to intentionally bash cops, because we DO need them, and they are just doing their job when they fine anyone. But there are times when talking to police, that it seems one of the main reasons they are in that profession, is because of the power that comes with it. Sometimes I think it goes to their head.

and yes, there are a buncha asshole ones. i think a lot of them do it for the wrong reason... a buncha them join cause they want to change the world... about 5-10 years of them doing it they will realize, you cant change the entire world... but the way i see it, when i become i cop i wanna reach out to a hand ful of people. i cant stop crime. its impossible, i can help prevent incidents... thats about it. if somebody has a valid excuse or actually looks upset that i pulled em over instead of bein a lippy lil shit, ill let em slide. honestly, people make mistakes, and learn more when they get off... but only when they deserve it.

kenny
11-03-2003, 03:05 AM
actually i believe its about $30k a year starting... not 100% sure, ill ask my father in law, hes been a cop for 31 years now ;)

I pulled those numbers right off the Calgary Police website on their recruitment section under Salary/Benefits. Pretty decent pay :)

403Gemini
11-03-2003, 03:10 AM
changed since last time i looked, thx for the update kenny! hah now i really wanna be a cop :D

Primer_Drift
11-03-2003, 05:35 AM
Considering how Calgary is growing, that wage increase is probably intentional to attract more to the force.. just a thought

403Gemini
11-03-2003, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by Primer_Drift
Considering how Calgary is growing, that wage increase is probably intentional to attract more to the force.. just a thought

yea that makes sense

one thing tho (and i dont wanna sound racist) but to be a cop you should have to be 100% fluent in english. my buddy and i were driving around one night and some cop pulled him over and could barely speak any english. he didnt have a thick accent (well he did lol) that we couldnt understand him, its just he was speaking 2-3 words at a time in a sentence... which ended up making no sense lol. my buddy fought the ticket pretty much stating "I couldnt even understand why i was getting a ticket" and they knocked off the demerits, cause he admitted to speeding.

Maxt
11-03-2003, 06:35 PM

I guess I should remind you that in the last 5 years, we have probably close to a dozen cops walk away from impaired driving charges,even cops that seriously injured innocent people, in the last major one, wherea cop t-boned a car on centre street,while drunk, the Crown prosecutor "forgot to show up" so the charges were dismissed...Some of these incidents were so blatent, it shows there are 2 sets of laws.. and thats what irks me..
Are all cops bad or jackasses..hmmm lets see, when that cop killed those two teens on 22x, the police first tried to say it was faulty brakes, not the 22 beer the officer had, I don't know how faulty brakes makes you go down a one way the wrong way..Then they tried to hide that he was at another cops BBQ/party, and they denied they knew he was impaired, hmm lets see aren't cops trained to analyze sobriety?
They covered their own asses, the ranks pull pretty tight to protect their own... I don't see any cops speaking out about any of those events or pursuing any further investigation , so yeah I'd say they are a bunch of assholes, wouldn't you...Maxt

missblondie
11-03-2003, 06:41 PM

when the hell did you see that??? its a fact calgary police officers are the LOWEST paid in canada. dont believe me, talk to a few cops, they'll vouch their pay is pretty bad. (mind ya everybody thinks their pay is shit lol)

um, like i said, on cfcn... they did a whole story on the wages of the officers, and a comparison to all of the private police forces and yes, by comparison, they ranked #6...which doesn't seem to shabby considering how many private police forces there are.

link785
11-03-2003, 08:42 PM
I don't see any cops speaking out about any of those events or pursuing any further investigation , so yeah I'd say they are a bunch of assholes, wouldn't you...Maxt

Congratulations, you came up with one example of a bad incident. Shit will always happen, no matter where you are. Maybe you've had bad dealings with the cops before, and that's why you're so bitter? :dunno:

Maxt
11-04-2003, 06:50 AM
Actually, there is far more than one....
I do find it ironic now you are siding on the human element factor, yet thats what the police are ruling out as an excuse for the original point of this thread..
Its ok now for them to have an occassional error in judgement but not the public, or individuals, even if its the public sliding halfway through an intersection, or police simply killing 2 innocent people and injuring others, I think you need to reassess your level of trust....and ignorance..
Actually, every dealing I have had with police, more specifically the CPS, has been pretty dissapointing, I find alot of the people they put into uniform, are not the brightest bulbs on the tree.. Alot of these people do not do it for the common good, alot do it because its a steady well paying job, and they weren't that good at anything else...
The standards for the police have really declined, the argument about the ratio of police having to increase to provide protection and to serve is a non starter, the police have more people than they ever have had, yet their level of street level patrol has declined, the police have been reinventing themselves over the last 10 years or so, as more of a social agency than an police force, and with the police unions help.
Try this on for size, how about one set of rules for everyone, that is applied to everyone, the cops can come clean that sometimes there is a grey area on some traffic situations, or even the flip side, its ok to get drunk then kill and mame a few others, Shit will happen eh? :rolleyes:...Maxt

403Gemini
11-04-2003, 10:42 AM
For every cop that has one of these incidents, there are thousands of civilians that do this daily. how many people do you think drive home drunk every night? honestly, think about that.

everybody fucks up in their life. fuck ive driven home drunk, and i can guarantee about 80% of this forum has either driven drunk/stonned on something. You cant take everything back, and yes they SHOULD be setting an example, but shit happens. deal with it.

should we talk about the cop about 3-4 years ago driving home after a 10 hour shift at 2 in the morning and got t-boned from drunk teenagers coming home from a party? i bet your so stuck up about the police you shrugged it off and said "oh good another pig dead" well fuck you hey. yes 1/5 of them are assholes as i have stated above, but i can guarantee if you takl to the cops with the attitude you bring to this board, you get what you fuckin deserve, and if your such a good driver, why do you have all these "incidents" with the police? :dunno:

3G
11-04-2003, 10:58 AM
403Gemini no wonder you're always defending the po-po..It's cuz you want to be one but yeah some cops are chilling some aren't

403Gemini
11-04-2003, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by Mx6GtTurbo
403Gemini no wonder you're always defending the po-po..It's cuz you want to be one but yeah some cops are chilling some aren't

and cause i know a lot of them personally. people generalize way to much. pisses me off, so many peeps on this forum are so anti-police yet they always whine and bitch about shit that happens to them... but the big question is, why were they breaking the law in the 1st place ? :dunno: its a forum policy to ban street racing, in a sense that is policing, and yet the cops uphold the same beliefs and when somebody is caught speeding they come here to whine and bitch.... i dunt get it

Maxt
11-05-2003, 07:08 AM
Nobody would be anti cop, if they actually did their job 403...and that means enforcing the rules, on everybody, get it yet?...Maxt

403Gemini
11-05-2003, 01:47 PM
Nobody would be anti cop, if they actually did their job 403...and that means enforcing the rules, on everybody, get it yet?...Maxt

its not worth arguing this with somebody so closed minded, least most people have enough common sense to understand without them this city would fall apart in less than 24 hours.

so you know what? if shit happens to you, dont call them. you and your friends can do your own vigilante style work.

What happened if your wife, your sister, your girlfriend, your mother, any of them got raped or hurt, would you set out on your own with a gun to find whoever did this? :rolleyes: anyways good luck in your life with such a negative attitude without realizing that yes, there are fuck ups in every group (as i have CLEARLY stated about 3-4 times now) and if you are to ignornat to look past the shitty 20% of them then i feel VERY sorry for you.

Anyways hope you live a very lucky life and nothing goes wrong cause you have nobody to turn to and rely on with your hatred for cops.

EDIT: and yes, most of those asshole cops are the younger ones. why? cause they have the "im going to change the world and stop all crime" attitude. they will grow out of this phase but most starting officers have this exact attitude. I bet if you get pulled over by a senior officer and just be polite he'd most likely let you off.

but its true, the more you lip off, the more reasons they'll look to give you tickets. they'll find EVERYTHING wrong on your car or what you did and what they saw.

Akagi Redsuns
11-05-2003, 02:31 PM

its not worth arguing this with somebody so closed minded, least most people have enough common sense to understand without them this city would fall apart in less than 24 hours..........snip

I think the original argument is why is it not acceptable for a regular joe to slide through an intersection because of bad weather and acceptable for the cop to do the same thing. Not that cops are useless and don't do anything for the city. I don't think Max or anything one feels that way. I think it's closeminded to think that just because they are cops they can have bad judgement and be excused for it, when the average citizen doesn't have that luxury.

I think that the average citizen and cops should be both be treated EQUALLY, be it for speeding, drunk driving, manslaugther, murder.....whatever. Just because you are a cop, it shouldn't have any bearing when breaking the law. Simple as that. Of course that is not the case as there are numerous accounts of cops getting any with things, and of course there is accounts of the average citizen getting away with things, so it evens out, but still, I think that cops should be setting a good example out there. I seen them slide through intersections, speeding, illegal lane changes, blowing though red lights, etc. And no thier sirens and lights were not on. I know, they have the police radio to attend to, computer to use to type in license plate numbers and whatnots, surveying the streets....etc, but still. When the average citizen sees this infractions and then gets pulled over and ticketed for the same infraction....it does seem a tad unfair does it not?

Ah well, you are right about there being a bad apple in any bunch of people. Be it cops, different races, difference professions etc. I have had dealings with both good respectable cops and the asshole cop that is on the power trip. Unfornutely the encounter with the bad cop does leave a longer lasting impression.

403Gemini
11-05-2003, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by Akagi Redsuns

I think the original argument is why is it not acceptable for a regular joe to slide through an intersection because of bad weather and acceptable for the cop to do the same thing. Not that cops are useless and don't do anything for the city. I don't think Max or anything one feels that way. I think it's closeminded to think that just because they are cops they can have bad judgement and be excused for it, when the average citizen doesn't have that luxury.

I think that the average citizen and cops should be both be treated EQUALLY, be it for speeding, drunk driving, manslaugther, murder.....whatever. Just because you are a cop, it shouldn't have any bearing when breaking the law. Simple as that. Of course that is not the case as there are numerous accounts of cops getting any with things, and of course there is accounts of the average citizen getting away with things, so it evens out, but still, I think that cops should be setting a good example out there. I seen them slide through intersections, speeding, illegal lane changes, blowing though red lights, etc. And no thier sirens and lights were not on. I know, they have the police radio to attend to, computer to use to type in license plate numbers and whatnots, surveying the streets....etc, but still. When the average citizen sees this infractions and then gets pulled over and ticketed for the same infraction....it does seem a tad unfair does it not?

Ah well, you are right about there being a bad apple in any bunch of people. Be it cops, different races, difference professions etc. I have had dealings with both good respectable cops and the asshole cop that is on the power trip. Unfornutely the encounter with the bad cop does leave a longer lasting impression.

:werd:

you got my point accross in a less hostile way then i woulda, thank you :)

and i too fully agree that cops and citizens should be treated equally. thats why when i become a cop if i know somebody just screwed up and they feel bad ill probably let em go UNLESS they give me the "fuck you pig" attitude.

so if i pull any of you guys over, just say your from beyond ;)

Maxt
11-05-2003, 08:11 PM
I dunno 403, what you are reading, and where you drag this without cops routine from, and your imbasilic rantings about vigilanteism, I mean thats not even my point, nor is it important to the topic and you seem to be jumping from one extreme to the other, just because you seem to have some kinda hard on for cops, and can't seem to see the issue at hand here, its about if the law is the law, do the enforcers have to follow it, just in case you needed a refresher..
Redsuns was pretty close, and hes right, what boils my hide, is that people get ticketed for things and then held to account, there is no argument that everyone does things that contravene the law, however when the cops do it, it gets swept under the rug, I was so pissed off when the cops tried to hide the fact that one of their own killed those 2 teens , they lost all crediblity with me, it wasn't just the seargents either, it was from the top down, even the top cop, tried to shade the fact the guy was drunk... Just because they wear the badge doesn't make them lilly white, you need to give the hero worship a rest, man, talk about closed minded...Maxt

A_3
11-05-2003, 08:17 PM
Your best choice is to try and fight it, the least that happens is the judge will knock at least one demerit off your liscence and prolly close to $50 off

403Gemini
11-06-2003, 12:26 AM
I dunno 403, what you are reading, and where you drag this without cops routine from, and your imbasilic rantings about vigilanteism, I mean thats not even my point, nor is it important to the topic and you seem to be jumping from one extreme to the other, just because you seem to have some kinda hard on for cops, and can't seem to see the issue at hand here, its about if the law is the law, do the enforcers have to follow it, just in case you needed a refresher..
Redsuns was pretty close, and hes right, what boils my hide, is that people get ticketed for things and then held to account, there is no argument that everyone does things that contravene the law, however when the cops do it, it gets swept under the rug, I was so pissed off when the cops tried to hide the fact that one of their own killed those 2 teens , they lost all crediblity with me, it wasn't just the seargents either, it was from the top down, even the top cop, tried to shade the fact the guy was drunk... Just because they wear the badge doesn't make them lilly white, you need to give the hero worship a rest, man, talk about closed minded...Maxt

you are so oblivious to the fact that there are assholes in every group tho. why cant you fathom this? is it beyond your possible comprehension? i KNOW cops that have been FIRED for taking out their batton when it wasnt needed... and your pulling this bullshit "ALL COPS GET AWAY WITH EVERYTHING"

you dont know any cops do you? you dont know what they go through, what they do every day or anything. id probably say 1/4 of my friends are cops. so yea i stick up for my friends, just as i would expect you to do if i started generalizing your friends sayin cause their friends with you or they wear black jackets their all fuckin assholes. thats not fair is it?

Just because something isnt in the media doesnt mean it doesnt happen. Cops get in shit everyday. dont think they get away with everything.

anyways im sorry if i did piss you off, yes i defend cops, only cause i know some as friends and family, not cause i have a "hard-on" for em (cept for the sexy chicks in uniform ;) :hitit: ) so truce?

I will say, i think its bullshit and that cop that killed those 2 teens shoulda been charged with murder and been banned from the police force.i think all drunk drivers, even if they arent in an accident should be charged with attempted murder... because thats what your pretty much doing, cop or not.

Maxt
11-06-2003, 06:52 AM
I think you need to come to grips with reality...
I am not oblivious to the fact there are assholes in every group, we are not debating assholes, nor are we debating how many there are in groups, we are talking about the credibility and the values of the Calgary Police Force , which as I have pointed out seems to have a rather dubious record of practicing what it preaches. It seems you think that because they are cops they have a monopoly on common sense and brain power, hardly the case, often cops become cops, because they were pretty much useless at anything else, most of the ones I know, couldn't tell you which end of a nail to use, alot of those types use to end up in the military, but it doesn't pay as well anymore...There is the occassional good one, but as whole the organization in the city needs to step down a knotch and realize they have not been crowned as kings to do as they wish with no regard for the law they have been charged to uphold...
I give you this as another example..
The head of a firearms club is cleaning a gun, it discharges when he is attempting to unload it, into a wall, no ones else is hurt, police charged him unsafe storage, improper car, and negligence with a firearm, he is going to jail, even though it was an accident, and no one is injured.
The Calgary police is holding a training exercise, an officer forgets to unload his gun of real bullets, breaks department policy of not checking his weapon, walks into a training facility, and then blows the brains out of another officers head, during the training exercise, the officer, Darren Beatty(a guy i went to school with), is dead on the scene... Charges laid against the officer for negligence, homicide, improper use, well nothing, no charges... Equal application of the law, yeah right...Give your head a shake man, the problem with the police, is no one is policing them....Maxt

403Gemini
11-06-2003, 11:17 AM
Did you only read my 1st few paragraphs and write that in a fit of rage? ANYWAYS ill quote the last half incase you missed it (which i have a strong feeling you did)

anyways im sorry if i did piss you off, yes i defend cops, only cause i know some as friends and family, not cause i have a "hard-on" for em (cept for the sexy chicks in uniform ;) :hitit: ) so truce?

I will say, i think its bullshit and that cop that killed those 2 teens shoulda been charged with murder and been banned from the police force.i think all drunk drivers, even if they arent in an accident should be charged with attempted murder... because thats what your pretty much doing, cop or not.

*puts on cd* "Why cant we be friends, why cant we be friends, why cant we be friends? why cant we be friends?"

yes i FULLY agree that a cop should be tried exactally as a civilian, if anything, worse than a civillian. thats BS about that guy going to jail for the accident with his firearm, shit like that really pisses me off and i feel its a horrible call on the police's part and i dont know what the fuck was goin through his mind. i cant justify the actions of those people. I can however tell you how it is with the ones i know.

i think cops and civilians need to realize : "shit hapens" but if nobody gets hurt and nobody is emotionally destroyed, then a lesson is learned and no big deal. If somebody slid through an intersection and i pulled em over all id say is "be safe on the street and just start breaking sooner" then wish em a good day and tell em to take care. Like honestly Big Bear West learned his lesson, he'll start braking earlier and driving slower. but SOMETIMES you gotta issue the tickets to some people to make them learn, not let em off cause if you let the same person off to many times they think "haha i can get away with anything".

And if you think cops get away with shit, if they break the law (speeding without cause, driving with sirens on without cause) they get suspended for a week without pay... that seems like a bigger fine then a measly $200 ticket... doesnt it? (and yes it happens at least every week that a cop gets suspended, i state again just cause you dont read it in the papers doesnt mean it doesnt happen)

now lets both take the sticks outta both our asses and be lovers :D (j/k.... ;) )

Maxt
11-06-2003, 07:45 PM
Its funny, Desantis, made an ass of himself saying that regardless of conditions , one should be able to stop for a red light or a stop sign... But today I heard a couple of alderman talking about the issue of the fire department charging people a service fee, for cleaning up accident seens. The Alderment, Craig Burrows, and John Schmal both said peope who are in unavoidable accidents should be spared the charge, Burrows said, and I paraphrase" Look at bow trail after a snow fall, its shear ice, I don't have nails in my tires, it physically impossible to stop on roads like that, and an accident there is sometimes unavoidable".. So here we have aldermen saying its impossible to stop, on some of Calgary's roads in winter and I agree with him..
Maybe someone should let the CPS in on the laws of physics, they seem to know the law of pick pocketing quite well..Maxt

Primer_Drift
11-07-2003, 01:03 AM
Maybe someone should let the CPS in on the laws of physics, they seem to know the law of pick pocketing quite well..Maxt

:rofl: Good god man! They're cops not scientists!

Maxt
11-08-2003, 09:34 AM
Should we be trusting them with accident reconstruction then???:nut:...
Whats even worse, is everything brought up in this topic, totally seems to escape realization by those on the Police comission.. They are a rather silent bunch....Maxt