PDA

View Full Version : Silgranit sink for kitchen

redbeast
07-06-2009, 07:22 PM
In the process of renovating our kitchen and was wondering
if anyone here has bought a Silgranit sink (undermount). We were deciding between a stainless steel sink and then came across this Silgranit made by Blanco.

Its supposed to be non-porous because there is a mixture between granite and some sort of silicone or acrylic mixture.

Thanks.

Davetronz
07-06-2009, 08:07 PM
I think this is what we have. It's a granite undermount kitchen sink. It's black so it's hell to keep clean with hard water and draining things like pasta in there. I really like the look of it though.

sml
07-09-2009, 08:42 PM
We have the Blanco diamond 1-3/4 undermount sink in black. It nice when undermonted because it's like 10" deep. The black does show some water marks and calcium deposits but I prefer that over the scratched ss look. We throw our pots and pans around in the sink and it has never scratched or left a mark. Highly recommended!

benyl
07-10-2009, 09:37 AM
Be careful with glass cups. We have broken so many. I think a steel sink might have more give or be more forgiving.

After washing the dishes, I wash the sink. I have never had any problems with keeping it clean. No water spots or anything. Yes, the color is black.

Ven
07-10-2009, 09:53 AM
Yellow, try these links for sinks!

http://www.amatibath.com/kitchen_sink.html

Stunt66
07-10-2009, 10:55 AM
I got the black one and have no complaints at all. They are really deep and depending on the granite they look a lot better than the stainless. The only thing you'll have to do is re do the plumbing underneath because of the depth of the sink.