PDA

View Full Version : How to sell in the marketplace

kenny
11-01-2003, 12:46 PM
If you are selling your vehicle on beyond, here are a few tips to remember to be more successful in getting your thread noticed.

1. State the year of your car in the four digit format (ie. 1992) as opposed to just 92 or '92 because the short form will not be searchable with the forum search option.

2. Create your thread subject so it is effective in conveying its point, yet not cluttered with useless information. At the same time, don't be too vague! Use the "FS: " abbreviation instead of "For Sale: ". Other abbreviations commonly used are "FT: " which means For Trade, "WTB: " which means Want to Buy and "WTT:" which means Want to Trade.

GOOD---> FS: White 1992 Civic DX Hatchback w/ mods

NOT GOOD---> i got a '92 civic hatch for sale with cai, headers, exhaust, and the paint is really good!!

NOT GOOD--->civic for sale

NOT GOOD--->selling my car

3. Provide Pictures in your for sale thread, even if your car is stock people will be asking to take a look at it. Save them some time and post it before they ask.

4. Provide the standard information at the top of your post. This information includes:

Color, Make, Model, Year, Mileage, Options, Asking Price, and any problems if any with the vehicle.

5. After your list of options you may include a more lengthy description such as some of the mods that are on the car, your oil change rituals, your car was rituals, etc.

6. Always post a price that you are asking for. You may wish to also specify that the price is OBO (Or Best Offer), or FIRM (no negotiations whatsoever). Failure to post a price will result in your thread being deleted and possibly loss of access to sell again in the marketplace.

7. Provide additional contact information, or direct your buyer to contact you in the form that you want. You could tell them to email you (remember to supply an email address that works), or you could tell them to PM you. Of course after that you will still want to check in on your thread to see if anyone has replied.

8. Use the "Trader Rating" system that is on this forum. This trader rating reflects the user's rating on previous marketplace transactions. For every sale that was positive, the trader rating is increased by one. For every sale that was negative, the trader rating is decreaseded by one. For example, a trader with FIVE positive transactions and TWO negative transactions will have a trader rating of THREE. Click on the trader rating to see the details of a user's trader rating. Use this information as supplemental information when deciding whether or not a user is trustworthy.

this guide may be updated with newer tips from time to time

pinoyhero
11-01-2003, 01:54 PM
Thanks for posting this, I hopeeveryone reads it, it will clean up the board a ton.

cocoabrova
11-25-2003, 05:55 PM
Just a reminder to all who are posting in the Marketplace:
Please follow the posting guidelines listed and maybe vehicles would sell a little quicker ;)
That is all.

good_lookin866
01-20-2004, 07:12 PM
true that looks like its nothing but no1 posts the shit ppl need to no " ya i got a honda for sale" whats the hells up with ppl these days!

Seanith
01-20-2004, 07:29 PM
You would think this kind of thing would be obvious if some "really" wanted to sell their car here lol.. "yo i've got a civic for sale" :rofl:

lancer_evo_7
02-04-2004, 02:51 AM
umm, when i go to make a post in the market place, i type out my ad, then try to post, and it doesnt do anything, the button presses and just sits there. whats going onnn
:confused:

Ben
02-04-2004, 02:54 AM
is this an issue with the whole forum? or just the marketplace? Sounds to me like a timeout issue on your end.

lancer_evo_7
02-06-2004, 01:34 PM
the only thing that seems to be working for me is quick reply. If i try to start a new thread, thats when it doesnt work. Yah, it tends to do it whenever i want to start a new thread. (=

kenny
01-18-2005, 01:23 AM
Bump! Please read this everyone. When you are done reading this, please review the marketplace rules again. There will be no exceptions.

CoryR6civic
03-10-2005, 12:37 AM
:whocares: :whocares: :whocares: :whocares:

kenny
03-10-2005, 12:39 AM
I do, banned!

gpomp
03-10-2005, 01:01 AM
hahahaha:rofl:

Rockski
03-10-2005, 01:25 AM
wow kenny... for that disrepect, you should hunt him down and give him a surface to air bitch/pimp slap

2002civic
03-10-2005, 09:39 AM
wow what a idiot, but bump for this so looking through for sale ads is easier

Team_Mclaren
09-26-2005, 10:17 PM
BUMP!!!

Any new threads in the marketplace with insufficient information about the item will be removed immediately!

jdm_jspec
07-17-2006, 09:46 PM
:werd:

chyllo
10-25-2007, 12:40 PM
Hi, I am definitely a newbie, how does one submit a picture?

I clicked on the browse button for what I thought was submitting a picture, but I have seen the ad, & there isn't one.

Thanks!

reaper13
07-14-2008, 12:05 PM
so im trying to put my 89 honda civic si on the forsale part but it wont let me summit hats going on with the new system
help

sr20s14zenki
07-14-2008, 12:16 PM
^^^^^:english:

and to submit a picture, you have to host the picture on another site such as photobucket as far as im concerned, then you like to the file with the command

eg:

[img]www.thepictureishere.com/picture.jpg

note the slash before the img on the end one, thats to signify that the end of the pictures adress is there.

hope that helped

edit: Jeez just noticed the picture guy was from 07, whoops, ah well, im sure somebody will read it

Hakkola
07-14-2008, 12:17 PM
i love boys YEEHAW

- Owned by Rage2

TYMSMNY
07-14-2008, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by reaper13
so im trying to put my 89 honda civic si on the forsale part but it wont let me summit hats going on with the new system
help

new users = can't post ad for 30 days.

ITR420
11-29-2009, 07:49 PM
how should i go about listing a part out, where i dont have prices for anything just looking for offers?

Team_Mclaren
11-29-2009, 09:25 PM
post up a few popular parts and their respective prices. If someone is asking for something not listed, a price must be "posted" if asked.

jlmack
08-26-2010, 07:46 PM
I just got a quick question... how do I post up pictures in my thread? Do I drag them in or how do I do it? thx

Nissan_Fanboy
08-26-2010, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by jlmack
I just got a quick question... how do I post up pictures in my thread? Do I drag them in or how do I do it? thx

Easy.
Either Upload Them, use the browse button, or host them on a site like Photobucket, or even take the image code from facebook, ect.

Just ad [ IMG] Link [ /IMG]
without the space between the [and I

You didn't need to bump this thread for the answer.
;)

Hope that helps my friend.

ps. Sign up for a photobucket account and just use the tags that they already give you and post them in your FS: ad

ORRR

^^^^^ Read

jlmack
08-26-2010, 08:16 PM
ya i figured it out thanks alot tho