PDA

View Full Version : It's a very Special fried Fried Rice alright...

mazingerZ
07-07-2009, 09:25 AM
This last weekend I ate at a place where most of you have eaten if not, wanted to eat there. Most would say it is one of the best tasting restaurants they have ever been._ No doubt about that. They have amazing food and the flavors as chef Ramsay would say "is bleepin' amazing!" _This restaurant I'm talking about is the Tea-Pot Bistro.
If you like Chinese food, this place for sure will serve up pretty much everything. From dim-sum to yummy greasy ginger beef, band-aid fried rice and there delicious deep fried dough with that amazing sauce. "Bleepin' Amazing.." is what chef Ramsay would say alright. Amazing that they served band-aid fried rice.!! What the Heck!!. I couldn't believe it, I was sooo disgusted.!! I'm traumatized!!_
When I told them about it,_ one of the workers got mad saying it was pork. it was part of the skin and when it's cooked,_ that's the way it is. Pork has strands. So I showed them and opened up these strands. Low and behold, Band-aid house special Fried Rice. So disgusting!!!!!_ For someone like me who loves food, I don't know if i can trust restaurants anymore._ I don't think I can look at restaurant food the same anymore unless it's cooked in front of my face._

So tell your friends... tell your family,.. Tell Everybody..!!!!. Tea-Pot has Amazing flavors alright!! _

Spread the word people. Spread the word..

MazingerZ

Attached is a pic...of this amazing dish. It sure looks like pork....

gretz
07-07-2009, 09:29 AM
I would have told the woker to eat it (literally)

SJW
07-07-2009, 09:30 AM
Are you saying chinese restaurants take short cuts with food prep?

OMG......call the health authority.

jaylo
07-07-2009, 10:11 AM
You had it coming eating at a chinese restaurant:D

mazingerZ
07-07-2009, 10:14 AM
I don't think they take short cuts but I guess once they get so big and popular, the care in the food prep doesn't matter. As long as it's hot and out the door they'll service just about anything.

JordanEG6
07-07-2009, 10:22 AM
Mike, man, is that you?!

LOL...Har showed me that pic. I posted it in here (http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=197616&perpage=20&pagenumber=3)

Mos def won't be eating there again.

GQBalla
07-07-2009, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by gretz
I would have told the woker to eat it (literally)

+1

mazingerZ
07-07-2009, 11:19 AM
yes it is.. I read the other forum. Yes that place had good food, I also thought at the time it was maybe the best in Calgary. But I also have notice over time that there service is just plain crap. And after that incident.... just totally disgusting.

I have already sent out my concerns to certain people and authorities.

spread the word people!! Spread the word

nj2Type-S
07-07-2009, 11:25 AM
what did the restaurant manager tell you after you showed him/her the band-aid? 50% off the bill? lol.

but seriously, that's disgusting...:thumbsdow

Chandler_Racing
07-07-2009, 11:34 AM
I went there once and will never go back again. My food tasted like bleech....

max_boost
07-07-2009, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by nj2Type-S
what did the restaurant manager tell you after you showed him/her the band-aid? 50% off the bill? lol.

but seriously, that's disgusting...:thumbsdow

lol

Chinese restaurants get a bad rep because of how they handle situations like this. In this case, the minimum is to comp the entire table! Pretty sure OP is disgusted enough so he probably wouldn't be interested in any offer for more food.

You know shit happens but band-aid in food is not cool at all.

JordanEG6
07-07-2009, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by max_boost

lol

Chinese restaurants get a bad rep because of how they handle situations like this. In this case, the minimum is to comp the entire table! Pretty sure OP is disgusted enough so he probably wouldn't be interested in any offer for more food.

You know shit happens but band-aid in food is not cool at all.

It's funny 'cause my cousin told me they asked if they wanted to take left overs home. :rofl: why even ask?! :facepalm:

SJW
07-07-2009, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by mazingerZ
I don't think they take short cuts but I guess once they get so big and popular, the care in the food prep doesn't matter. As long as it's hot and out the door they'll service just about anything.

Go to the Calgary health authority listing for restaurant violations.

Ichigo
07-07-2009, 12:20 PM
i dont see the band-aid.

Stunt66
07-07-2009, 12:26 PM
If that is a band aid somebody would have had to cut the ends off because the gauze or whatever it is goes all the way to the end and also the sticky part on the side looks a little small.
Can someone post a pic of a band aid?

urban.one
07-07-2009, 12:33 PM
I thought the dirtier the place the better the food tastes.

mazingerZ
07-07-2009, 12:36 PM
Well if it was you, you probably would have ate it then. In your mind it would have probably been a bit tough... but delicious in band aid flavor...

But it's a band aid alright! Cause I opened it up. and that's when the worker realized it was no piece of pork. That's for sure. I should have taken another picture of it.

Super_Geo
07-07-2009, 12:52 PM
Edit: Looks like the story checks out... I thought it was BS when I first read it (cause who joins Beyond out of nowhere only to post a gripe about a restaurant?).

mazingerZ
07-07-2009, 01:11 PM
Exactly!!! and I almost responded to that comment. I just want the people to know and be educated about it and do something. Like i said, They had great tasting food. But after that experience.....I don't think I'll ever go back

JordanEG6
07-07-2009, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by Ichigo
i dont see the band-aid.

For real?

Originally posted by Stunt66
If that is a band aid somebody would have had to cut the ends off because the gauze or whatever it is goes all the way to the end and also the sticky part on the side looks a little small.
Can someone post a pic of a band aid?

My guess is, it slipped off the cook's finger and ended up in the rice still rolled up. Like he said, he opened it.

Dj_Stylz
07-07-2009, 02:06 PM
:barf:

szw
07-07-2009, 02:27 PM
Actually they did a pretty good job at making that bandaid look like a piece of pork. I had to squint at the picture and if you didn't tell me I wouldn't have known (from the picture).

Impressive!

stevieo
07-07-2009, 02:28 PM
look at the picture jordan posted its much clearer.

http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff142/jordandino/misc/bandaidtpot.jpg

hahaha thats nastyyy!

van
07-07-2009, 02:42 PM
I agree that finding a band-aid in my food is pretty disgusting but really they don't care. They don't care because no matter how many people you tell and how many people say they won't go there will be other people to take your/their place. I would definitely complain to the health board or whatever about it though. I've only gone there once and gladly the only thing on my plates were food haha.

Trini
07-07-2009, 03:03 PM
:barf: :barf: nasty

Stephen81
07-07-2009, 07:26 PM
Most restaurants (mine included) require cooks to wear latex "finger condoms" over any band-aids and that they be changed regularly throughout their shift. In addition, the band-aids are bright blue so they would (in theory) could be detected in the event they ended up somewhere they shouldn't. Just to give you an idea of what that place should be doing haha. But yeah, that's gross :barf:

badatusrnames
07-07-2009, 07:38 PM
Originally posted by stevieo

hahaha thats nastyyy!

Fack. Nasty. You couldn't see it in the original, but in this pic you can definitely see the bandaid weave texture...

dj_rice
07-07-2009, 08:15 PM
At least he sliced the band-aid up a lil before cooking it

Ichigo
07-07-2009, 09:32 PM

hahaha thats nastyyy!

ahh I see it now. I thought the sides were fat from the first pic. *insert gag reflex icon here*

JordanEG6
07-07-2009, 11:15 PM
Originally posted by dj_rice
At least he sliced the band-aid up a lil before cooking it

It was rolled up as if it slipped off the finger of a cook. They claimed it was pork so the OP opened the bandage to prove it...he should have took a picture of that as well, but that would make me gag if it was posted.

nj2Type-S
07-07-2009, 11:34 PM

hahaha thats nastyyy!

mmmmmmmmmmm....bacon :drool:

Cooked Rice
07-07-2009, 11:51 PM
shit that's gross, how does that even happen.

Disoblige
07-08-2009, 12:11 AM
I dunno if I missed anything, but I'm curious to know what happened after one of the staff realized it was the bandage. Nothing? Hope you at least got a free meal.

chkolny541
07-08-2009, 12:19 AM
Originally posted by badatusrnames

Fack. Nasty. You couldn't see it in the original, but in this pic you can definitely see the bandaid weave texture...

yea i thought so too, i really couldnt tell what i was looking at in the first pic, but its much clearer in this one, im glad ive never been there, i havent even heard of the place thankfully

Cooked Rice
07-08-2009, 12:27 AM
forward the pic to alberta health.

http://www.calgaryhealthregion.ca/health-inspections/SearchServlet?direct=showReport&ID=71000546

beyondpinoy
07-08-2009, 08:40 AM
ohh man thats sooo NASTY!! PORK!!! WTF! they said it was PORK!!! i hope that palace closes down after seeing that type of sheit... ohh man i lost all my urge to eat this morning...

mazingerZ
07-08-2009, 08:56 AM
well the thing was the lady got mad saying it was pork at first. Then after I opened it up she sort of froze, and disappeared for about 10-15 minutes. They all disappeared into the back. They didn't even give an apology. HOw messed is that...I have already show the pic and told the calgary health region. So we'll see where it goes.

Imagine if that was your kid or your grandma who might have eaten it and got sick... someone should get a lashing.

Mar
07-08-2009, 09:09 AM
Think of all the gross things you've eaten without realizing it. You've probably eaten a few Band-Aids before.

mazingerZ
07-08-2009, 09:44 AM
Ohh... I've eaten lot of different things, most would probably think it's gross but at least it was actual food, and edible. if I ever find band-aid as some exotic food in some other country, then maybe I'll have a go at it. then again maybe not....

Power_Of_Rotary
07-08-2009, 02:21 PM
if your pissed off enough about the cleanliness of a restraunt such as this situation, call the food health place and tell them to check it out, im sure it will piss them off enough :)

szw
07-08-2009, 02:37 PM
The disappearing act is exactly what I would expect and makes me laugh a bit. I'm used to seeing the disappearing act after something as simple as askign for more chilli.

Davetronz
07-08-2009, 05:05 PM
Jesus Christ that's really fucking disgusting. If I had found that in my food I would have called Tony Tighe from CFCN or Global News consumer watch AND the health board.

Gah... :barf:

cancer man
07-11-2009, 02:55 AM
Facility: TEA POT CHINA BISTRO/CAFE H.K.
Type: Restaurant Telephone: 403.532.3982
Address: 100 9650 HARVEST HILLS BV NE
CALGARY, AB T3K 0B3
Permit Holder: TEA POT CHINA BISTRO LTD - OR, DECADE CHUN PING

INSPECTIONS SINCE JANUARY 1, 2008 (MAX 5)
Date Inspection Type Action Taken
Feb 02, 2009 Follow-Up/Re-Inspection VERBAL CONSULT
Jan 29, 2009 Demand/Complaint WRITTEN REPORT
Dec 10, 2008 Demand/Complaint VERBAL CONSULT
Sep 08, 2008 Follow-Up/Re-Inspection VERBAL CONSULT
Aug 21, 2008 Monitoring/Routine WRITTEN REPORT

Feb 02, 2009 at 11:40 am
VIOLATIONS NOTED DURING INSPECTION Jan 29, 2009 at 02:35 pm
Critical Date Violation Rationale/Requirement Cleared
Yes Jan 29, 2009 MECHANICAL METHOD - The mechanical equipment used for cleaning and sanitizing utensils in this food establishment does not meet the requirements. When mechanical equipment is used for sanitizing utensils, the equipment must provide effective cleaning and sanitizing of each utensil. When the mechanical equipment does not meet the requirements, only single-use utensils may be used unless otherwise allowed by the health inspector. Feb 02, 2009
No Jan 29, 2009 SUPPLIES - The hand washing basins for this food establishment do not have adequate supplies. Every hand washing basin shall be supplied with hand soap in a suitable dispenser and a hot air dryer or single service disposable or individual use towels in a suitable dispenser.
No Jan 29, 2009 FOOD/UTENSIL STORAGE - Foods and/or utensils are not being stored in a satisfactory manner. All food, equipment, and utensils must be protected from contamination and stored in a safe and sanitary manner. Food, equipment, and utensils shall not be stored in a washroom or any area of potential contamination. Feb

Pollywog
07-11-2009, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by cancer man
Food, equipment, and utensils shall not be stored in a washroom or any area of potential contamination. Feb

lol

I would love to know where you can find reports like that!
Edit: Found the reports, and am finding lots of disgusting things about some of my favorite restaurants. Sushi Ginza has failed me.

Kona9
07-11-2009, 11:38 AM
The real question is...why the hell weren't you eating at Maxboosts restaraunt!? Fuck Chef Ramsay. Maxboosts food is Bleaping awesome!!

Good luck with your situation!! :thumbsup:

tommy1223
07-12-2009, 03:30 PM
asian places are known for stuff like this. Heck, even american restaurants have things like this happen all the time. I dont trust the food that comes out of any restaurant. I've worked in the food service industry for 8 years and nothing suprises me anymore. Sometimes you dont even know the plate you are using was clean before they put food on it.

i was in chinatown a couple weeks ago and saw a rat run though the restaurant. Everybody saw it and no one really cared, not even the employees. Half of the guests were not even asian and they didnt care. It's usualy the dirty places the server the best authentic foods and everyone knows that. Will i go back to the same restaurant? wouldnt be my first choice but i would probably go again.

ringer
07-14-2009, 08:48 AM
I didn't see it at first either, but that is way to far a band aid?!
Band-Aids gross me out when I see them on the sidewalk let alone in my fried rice..
I've worked in many restaurants that were clean and sanitary in the kitchen area, I wish I had more knowledge of the back of house of a lot of places I frequent..

Making your own food FTW