PDA

View Full Version : MotorWerkes

Pages : [1] 2

R154
07-07-2009, 10:15 AM
I took my E46 330 there for lower control arms, injector flush, and to install my exhaust. Not only was he cheap but he was fast, he isnt even open yet. He told me his grand opening is July 10th. He is having some sort of barbeque from 4-9 on that day as a meet and greet. But I can vouch for this place his shop rate is 80$ an hour.

j0nblayz
07-07-2009, 10:41 PM
do you have contact info for them? im planning to do some work, especially valve adjustment on my e46 m3. Also where are they located??

R154
07-08-2009, 02:57 AM
He told me him and his partner (and other mechanic I assume) are both dealer trained. I saw a bunch of BMW diagnostic equipment in there as well as a few other nice bimmers parked assumably for work to be done, or work already done.

There was a super nice white m3 with a CSL hood and 20's. I think he was getting an oil change and a quote for installing CSL headers and exhaust. He had just heard about the shop too.

They seemed to be pretty darn busy considering the shop isnt even officially open until friday. I am pretty sure he is booking for monday now, though. I was really lucky, I saw his flyer and decided to call them and then go there today. Parm (The guy I dealt with) Talked to me about my car for a little bit then managed to get me in while I went to chinook for a couple hours.

I guess they were still painting but it looks pretty slick inside.

Check em' out. Definetly one of, if not the most and definetely cheapest BMW repair shops I have been to.

CLiVE
07-08-2009, 08:41 AM
Originally posted by j0nblayz
do you have contact info for them? im planning to do some work, especially valve adjustment on my e46 m3. Also where are they located??

:werd: contact info?

lint
07-08-2009, 09:16 AM
don't think contact info can be posted if they're not a sponsor, but if you add a www. and a .com ....

R154
07-08-2009, 04:06 PM
correctomungo lint.Contact info is on their site.

j0nblayz
07-08-2009, 09:03 PM
i talked to parm, one of the owners and their prices are insanely cheap. Im getting diff, tranny, smg fluid change, and also gonna do a valve job. So pretty much im gonna do service II.

R154
07-08-2009, 09:22 PM
I told you!!!!

He is a wicked guy and his m3 is so nice. Jon are you going to the bbq on friday?

j0nblayz
07-08-2009, 10:06 PM
yeah im gonna stop by with a buddy around 5ish, have some burgers and meet parm, i'll seee you there

scat19
07-14-2009, 09:48 AM
I remember talking to this guy when I recognized his 5 series years ago. He came through petro can (when I was young and tender), and I said hey, you work at BMW Gallery (crowfoot).

He said yeah, but just you wait, we're opening up a shop soon.. this was years ago. It's finally being done!

It was ironic, my car broke down saturday last week on nosehill, and I woke up to get it sunday morning - there as a motorwerke flying on the windshield :rofl:

.civictyper.
07-14-2009, 04:32 PM
Motorwerkes is awesome! Parm is a great guy.
Definitely should try this guy out! :thumbsup:

j0nblayz
07-15-2009, 11:41 PM
jat and parm are amazing guys. Got my diff and tranny fluids changed, super quick and cheap. While my car was on the hoist, parm did some quick visual inspection and found out my rsm's were getting time to replace, so i ended up ordering a set of rogue engineering rsm's.. Gonna drop off the x5 now to get maintenance done..

Anikron
07-24-2009, 07:54 PM
I just moved to Calgary and I need a place to service my Bimmer. This Motorwerks place is very new. Are there better shops to consider? It says they are industry leaders (according to their website), but how can that be after a few weeks of being open? Thanks in advance for your help.

dirtsniffer
07-24-2009, 10:56 PM
parm is an awesome tech! worked with him for a couple years at calgry BMW, dont think i ever saw him frustrated

dirtsniffer
07-24-2009, 11:01 PM
and if you have an e53 with the 4.4 without a new cyclone valve you will save a bundle getting it done there. if i remember correctly it was like 15+ hours labour and i saw parm do several of them during the winters i worked with him

Anikron
07-25-2009, 01:02 PM
Are you a BMW mechanic Dirtsniffer? I'm having a problem with my heater system. The fan will blow like crazy fast no matter how I try and adjust the setting. Any ideas?

j0nblayz
07-25-2009, 02:19 PM
you need a new blower resistor pack, not sure where it is on a e46, but on my old e36 it was like a 20min job

Anikron
07-25-2009, 08:33 PM
Thank you j0nblayz!

scat19
07-28-2009, 04:11 PM
He'll still charge 80 bux for a 5 second job, activating the alarm. :rolleyes:

R154
07-28-2009, 05:22 PM
how much will the dealership charge you?

scat19
07-28-2009, 05:38 PM

JustinGTP
07-28-2009, 08:42 PM
they charge 1 hour for an alarm activation at the dealer? they only charge .5 hours in the states. not to mention the alarm to buy in the states for my cooper is half price too.

R154
07-28-2009, 08:48 PM
He did a lot of free work for me not to mention he sourced me parts the same day that the dealer said would take 1 week. I have nothing but good to say. Sorry to hear that scat.

dsm_rocket
07-28-2009, 09:10 PM
if you get work done by him dont take your eyes off the car!!! i worked with parm at calgary bmw and he was the one that took rage2s m3 out for a joyride!

buh_buh
07-28-2009, 10:20 PM
this whole thread sounds like a parm-R154-JonBlayze circle jerk if two or more of them aren't the same person on one account.

Originally posted by dsm_rocket
if you get work done by him dont take your eyes off the car!!! i worked with parm at calgary bmw and he was the one that took rage2s m3 out for a joyride! oh shiet. This is where this thread takes off...

CivicDXR
07-28-2009, 10:35 PM
if you get work done by him dont take your eyes off the car!!! i worked with parm at calgary bmw and he was the one that took rage2s m3 out for a joyride!

LOL, I knew this was coming up sooner or later... When this thread started, I was gonna post "ask him how fast rage2's M3 was compared to your car that he's working on", but I bit my tongue... :D

Jlude
07-28-2009, 10:52 PM
Originally posted by CivicDXR

LOL, I knew this was coming up sooner or later... When this thread started, I was gonna post "ask him how fast rage2's M3 was compared to your car that he's working on", but I bit my tongue... :D

hahaha sounds like his shop will now have beyond.ca fame... not the good kind

962 kid
07-28-2009, 10:56 PM
Originally posted by buh_buh
this whole thread sounds like a parm-R154-JonBlayze circle jerk if two or more of them aren't the same person on one account.

oh shiet. This is where this thread takes off...

:werd:

1-Bar
07-28-2009, 10:58 PM

wow....hahaha *subscribed*

cocoabrova
07-29-2009, 07:50 AM
Originally posted by 1-Bar

wow....hahaha *subscribed*

:werd: oh noes here we go....

scat19
07-29-2009, 08:29 AM
Originally posted by JustinGTP
they charge 1 hour for an alarm activation at the dealer? they only charge .5 hours in the states. not to mention the alarm to buy in the states for my cooper is half price too.

Ya bro - Fucking Canada gets the shaft, again.

I didn't know this. That comment right there does not sit well.

Why didn't you say? How'd you know?

BMDUBS
07-29-2009, 12:32 PM
Do we know forsure that it was Parm that took Rage2's M3 for the "joy ride"? other wise it is heresay and we all know what these Beyond threads can do to a Businesses reputation amongst enthusiasts ie: south Deerfoot Suzuki :rofl:

Jeremiah
07-29-2009, 12:41 PM
mtrwrksfail

GQBalla
07-29-2009, 12:47 PM

here we go

CivicDXR
07-29-2009, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by BMDUBS
Do we know forsure that it was Parm that took Rage2's M3 for the "joy ride"? other wise it is heresay and we all know what these Beyond threads can do to a Businesses reputation amongst enthusiasts ie: south Deerfoot Suzuki :rofl:

Did you miss this? It doesn't get any closer than that... sounds like dsm_rocket was there when the offense was committed.

Originally posted by scat19

Why didn't you say? How'd you know?

I spoke to rage2 about this last week, and decided I would let him make the decision if he wanted to post in here or not and say something, but I guess someone decided to already. I figured it was his car, let him speak if he wants.

R154
07-29-2009, 02:56 PM

Hey man, I dont think you know what you are talking about.

I personally know the guy who took sheltons car for a "drive". Parm had nothing to do with that other then installing the wiring harness on sheltons car.

BMDUBS
07-29-2009, 06:09 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by CivicDXR
[B]

Did you miss this? It doesn't get any closer than that... sounds like dsm_rocket was there when the offense was committed.

No actually I did not miss this. I am saying that before it is taken as word, and Beyond drags the companies name and reputation through the bowels of hell, lets get some confirmation other than one guys "claim" that it was Parm thats all...

Powdercoat17
07-29-2009, 06:14 PM
yeah i was driving around the other day in my moms 330 and stopped to get a bite to eat and when i came out he was just waiting by my car... seemed like a good guy and ill definitely be telling my mom to go there seeing as its only 80 an hour.

rage2
07-29-2009, 06:21 PM
I spoke to rage2 about this last week, and decided I would let him make the decision if he wanted to post in here or not and say something, but I guess someone decided to already. I figured it was his car, let him speak if he wants.
We had this convo? I didnt even know about this thread until 5 mins ago lol. I guess I wasn't paying attention. I thought the only thing that came up was a friend of ours came up, saw my car, and mentioned that Parm was bragging about taking my car for a rip to see how fast it really was. I just laughed it off because I've heard the same thing from a few people over the last few months.

Anyways, I never posted anything up because a) I have no concrete evidence other than hearsay... Calgary BMW never gave me a conclusive answer other than they fired someone, and b) my car's fine after the ordeal (only had to reset SMG, turbo stopped leaking oil on its own), and I'm just out enjoying 'er everyday. Can't believe this came back up again haha.

Originally posted by R154
I personally know the guy who took sheltons car for a "drive". Parm had nothing to do with that other then installing the wiring harness on sheltons car.
Ya, I already knew he worked on my car even last year. Calgary BMW had given me that info. I never mentioned names cuz like I said, I never had concrete info, just hearsay from a handful of people. See here:

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=238337&perpage=40&pagenumber=9

He told his manager that he took the car out of the lot, but turned right back in. Funny thing is I don't have a GPS log for that, only one for leaving the lot, rip around a few blocks, and drive back in. On the same day, around the same time.

:drama:

scat19
07-29-2009, 10:56 PM
Honestly Rage, you are way cooler about it than I. I would of lost it!

The only reason your car was taken out was because it was a HPF car. And I'm jealous of that fact. You'll have to give me a ride in her, especially after calling me a douche with my shirt off while running :(

Anikron
07-30-2009, 10:10 PM
Wow I read that Rage post :whipped:
If its true the owner of Motorwerkes did that, what would his employees do to their customers cars? Even though I only drive an older 330 :cry:, I don't think I'll be getting my car serviced there.

CivicTunr
07-30-2009, 10:27 PM
honestly guys, im not friends with the owner of the shop, or friends with rage. Let alone drive a Bmw. But its someones word against another.
Personally everyone is saying he is doing good work, and 1 negative. than i would still go their for work.

sort of like jdmsource, i have had nothing but good experience from shaoib, but other people have not. Will i not go to shoaib for more work? nope, shoaib has my business 100% of the time.

Personal experience Vs some rumours.

buh_buh
07-30-2009, 10:32 PM
well this is from several independent sources. dsm_rocket claims Parm worked with him, and that he was the one that took his car out for a spin, then rage2 and civicdxr also heard from their own independent sources. If it was just one person coming out and saying this, I'd take it with a grain of salt. But the fact that its from more than one source makes me start to believe it a little more. Where's R154 and j0nblayz now? They were all over this thread earlier and seemed pretty buddy buddy with this Parm guy.

But to be fair, I've heard bad things about jdmsource too, but Shoaib has never steered me wrong either. If Parm actually did take rage's car out for a joyride though, its a little more serious than just a bad experience with a shop that didn't give you some parts on time.

R154
07-31-2009, 07:51 AM
I have no affliction with motorwerkes whatsoever, more then as a customer. As an active car enthusiast who works on his own car, these guys are true gear heads and know what they are doing, moreso then I. Especially when it comes to BMW's I am new to the scene.

I am just disappointed that people are choosing to bash a guy based on information that is questionable at best. Even from the horses mouth, it was admited that there was NO CONCLUSIVE evidence saying he did.

I am inclined to believe a guy who opens his own shop, and is CONSTANTLY busy, yet has the time to call me back about petty issues I wanted addressed. Everyone in this thread can agree that obviously he has satisfied the customers whom have come to his shop already.

Everytime I have been at his shop he has had plenty of cars on the hoists, as well as people in the waiting room.

For the people who are bashing on a guy before even talking with him, thats pretty low. Kind of like the same people who talk about their cars, and dont actually have one. Everyone who is talking, doesnt even own a bmw!

scat19
07-31-2009, 08:49 AM
Everyone who is talking, doesnt even own a bmw!

Almost everyone in this thread had, or currently has.

j0nblayz
07-31-2009, 09:01 AM
whoa whoa, settle down everyone. I needed a place to get some work done on my car, R154 recommended motorwerks on beyond, so i went. I got great service and he was a nice guy. I post some positive feedback, and suddenly you guys are bashing me? To be honest, i would go back because he gave me a very fair price and he knew his stuff. I hope Parm wasn't the guy who took out rage2's car, hopefully someone will confirm this soon.

rage2
07-31-2009, 10:13 AM
I am just disappointed that people are choosing to bash a guy based on information that is questionable at best. Even from the horses mouth, it was admited that there was NO CONCLUSIVE evidence saying he did.
Sure I said I wasn't 100% sure, but it definately wasn't questionable information. The only reason why I didn't post about it when I knew (which was months ago) was the fact that I couldn't prove it because it's just hearsay. My GPS logs and what Calgary BMW told me pretty much pointed the finger, but I didn't have a camera to be 100% sure.

buh_buh
07-31-2009, 10:28 AM
Is there really a way to be 100% sure without being in the car with him? I'm not debating whether he's a good guy that provides a good service or not. The number of cars and customers at his shop has no bearing on whether or not he took rage's car out for a joyride. This is purely a moral debate, and as a mechanic, there are obligations you have to customers, and the trust you are provided by the customer should not be broken. I don't doubt he does good work and is a good guy, but trust is a bigger issue for me personally, especially as someone who cares about their car more than the typical guy, just as I'm sure 95% of beyond is as well. The fact that his hoists and waiting room are full may mean he does good work, but doesn't mean he's a trustworthy guy and absolutely does not take customer's cars out for drives in my eyes.

I wasn't trying to bash you j0nblayz, but just pointing out you two were all over this thread when everything was rainbows and unicorns in the beginning of this thread, then when it started going downhill, you two disappeared. Its only natural to think you two are affiliated in some way to the shop to someone who is merely reading the board.

As for you r154, if you have no affiliations with the shop, why are you adamantly denying the fact that Parm did this when you have no idea either? You're just a happy customer, right? So you should be in the same shoes I am in terms of information regarding what happened, which is basically this thread. You have no conclusive evidence that he didn't do it either.

SilverGS
07-31-2009, 10:47 AM
I went to MotorWerkes after seeing this thread when it first came out. I found Parm and Jat be really good guys from my experience. They told me what they thought should be done and honestly told me other things that I might want to monitor but don't really need to do right now. Their price though is very good.

Parm even tried to help me find a buyer for my car.

Hopefully, he was not the one who took Rage's car for a joy ride but if he did then it was a bad decision.

Overall though I was very happy with their service and would go back.

Anikron
07-31-2009, 11:21 AM
I have no affliction with motorwerkes whatsoever, more then as a customer.

R154, an "affliction" is a problem or hardship. Did you mean to say "Affiliation"?
You propose to say that no on here drives a BMW, yet your poor verbiage, and unshakeable loyalty to this Parm character, leads me to think you are indeed in league with Motorwerkes.

I came here looking for honest opinions, but the more I read the positive posts towards Motorwerkes, the more it feels like an infomercial. Why would ordinary customers start a dedicated forum for a shop not even in business for one month? Why the "ad" for the cyclone repair, I did not see anyone ask about it?

The posts regarding the alleged joy rides may or may not be true, but why did those surface here? If no one from Motorwerkes is watching this thread, how come was there such a swift response to the Joyride post?

R154 probably drives BMW's, but either its his parents, or throughout the course of the day at Motorwerkes.

I will wait to reserve final judgement, until more posts appear providing better information, but things don't seem to be adding up.

I still must thank Johnny Blaze however, as he was right about my heater problem, I was able to do it myself.

P@MotorWerkes
07-31-2009, 06:27 PM
Hey guys, this is Parm the owner of MotorWerkes.

I dont go on these types of sites, however this thread has forced me to respond to this.

I am the guy that installed the left side body harness under the hood on Shelton's M3. However I did not take his car for any sort of joyride in any manner. I drove the car from the stall around the dealership and into my bay. I performed the repair and parked it back in the stall where it was originally parked. I hung the key up on the keyboard which was accessible to 150 employees of Calgary BMW.

I am concerned by these allegations, however I believe my integrity still stands among my current customers, who can attest to my quality of work and professionalism.

If anyone needs further clarification please do not hesitate to call me or visit my shop.

Thank you for all the positive feedback that you guys have posted.

scat19
08-01-2009, 01:25 AM
Why don't you go on these "types" of sites? Don't you want to connect with the BMW community???

Anyways, great customer service would be to charge only a half hours labour for the 2 minute alarm activation, not a full hour.

CivicTunr
08-01-2009, 10:22 AM
Why don't you go on these "types" of sites? Don't you want to connect with the BMW community???

Anyways, great customer service would be to charge only a half hours labour for the 2 minute alarm activation, not a full hour.

He saved you 20$? and your still complaining?
And he probably doesnt go on these sites, because most internet people are cheap.

.civictyper.
08-01-2009, 11:34 AM
WOW can't believe this thread turned into garbage.
Stop flaming Parm, He is running an honest shop and does great service!!

Take your car there if you need some service!
He went beyond what any service center or dealership has done in Calgary

Or you know take your car to dealer, book a month in advance, and bring your lube :facepalm:

scat19
08-01-2009, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by CivicTunr

He saved you 20$? and your still complaining?
And he probably doesnt go on these sites, because most internet people are cheap.

Actually he saved me nothing. I refused to pay an hours labour for literally a 5 minute job, would you like to pay the equivelent of 960 dollars and hour? Didn't think so.

And then they come back with the "dealer charges 135 an hour". Don't go off the rapage at the dealer, start something new and charge a more reasonsable rate, similar to the united state dealerships that charge only half an hour of labour.

Please don't say "Gospend 400 on gas to prove a point", I'd rather spend 80 dollars at Sheni's - at least my car won't get a "road test to confirm the fog light works" triggering engine lights because it was bagged to shit.

CivicTunr
08-01-2009, 03:00 PM

Actually he saved me nothing. I refused to pay an hours labour for literally a 5 minute job, would you like to pay the equivelent of 960 dollars and hour? Didn't think so.

And then they come back with the "dealer charges 135 an hour". Don't go off the rapage at the dealer, start something new and charge a more reasonsable rate, similar to the united state dealerships that charge only half an hour of labour.

Please don't say "Gospend 400 on gas to prove a point", I'd rather spend 80 dollars at Sheni's - at least my car won't get a "road test to confirm the fog light works" triggering engine lights because it was bagged to shit.

Okay, so you went elsewhere. end of story. People will charge what they want, and it seems his rate is reasonable. 80$/hr, i dont see that at many shops in calgary. Most is over 100$.

Dont whine about it. Didnt you already whine that parts were more expensive in canada vs the states? There market is alot bigger as well. Supply VS demand. Move to the states then if you cant afford your BMW here.

scat19
08-01-2009, 03:30 PM

Okay, so you went elsewhere. end of story. People will charge what they want, and it seems his rate is reasonable. 80$/hr, i dont see that at many shops in calgary. Most is over 100$.

Dont whine about it. Didnt you already whine that parts were more expensive in canada vs the states? There market is alot bigger as well. Supply VS demand. Move to the states then if you cant afford your BMW here.

So it sounds like you're absolutely fine with paying more for everything. Cellular phones, heating, property tax, gasoline, everything.

Give me a fucking break. An imaginary line does not
denote that we pay 50% more on everything.

Go back to your little honduh. Kthxbye

CivicTunr
08-01-2009, 03:40 PM

So it sounds like you're absolutely fine with paying more for everything. Cellular phones, heating, property tax, gasoline, everything.

Give me a fucking break. An imaginary line does not
denote that we pay 50% more on everything.

Go back to your little honduh. Kthxbye

I dont care if i pay more up here. I make more than enough to live well up in canada. Maybe you should move to china than if your complaining about prices. 10cents/for everything.

and i dont drive a honda, i drive mutiple cars, none being a honda any more.

Go tint your front windshield again.
KTHXBYE

scat19
08-01-2009, 05:21 PM

I dont care if i pay more up here. I make more than enough to live well up in canada. Maybe you should move to china than if your complaining about prices. 10cents/for everything.

and i dont drive a honda, i drive mutiple cars, none being a honda any more.

Go tint your front windshield again.
KTHXBYE

Who pissed in your corn flakes this morning?

If you can afford it doesn't mean you have
too. Your ignorance is amazing.

Keep on telling me to live elsewhere, it's intriguing.

buh_buh
08-01-2009, 08:24 PM
It annoys the hell out of me when people say things like

Move to the states then if you cant afford your BMW here.

Or something along the lines of that. I see that a lot on Beyond. Its not that people can't afford it. Its just that people don't like getting ripped off. Just because you drive a BMW/Audi/Benz/whatever, doesn't mean you like getting bent over for parts/service costs. You think everyone in the city that drives something with a "higher end" badge throws out hundreds like its going out of style? Oh right, I forgot this was beyond, where everyone on here is a billionaire, drives Ferraris and exclusively bang supermodels. People that drive BMWs have just as much of a right to bitch about expensive service as someone who drives a Honda.

Anyway, getting back to this thread. I just want to point out that its interesting that P@Motorwerkes has the same IP as R154...

So where did these rumors from multiple sources come from now that there's a straight up denial?

scat19
08-01-2009, 09:11 PM
Thanks Buh Buh. That's exactly what i'm sayin'. Even when independent shops take the jacked up prices, take a little off to seem like they're angels, yet it's still rape....

Same IP address? Too funny. Don't have to say anything
to that because we are all thinking it.

R154
08-01-2009, 09:23 PM
He has free wifi. I have posted almost ALL my feedback as I was waiting. As expected beyond will always be a gathering of childen. I never liked you scat. I am kind of glad you wont be showing up at motorwerkes.

Anyways since this thread has exploded the sheer volume of beyond members calling has gone through the roof. Parm would like to sincerely thank you all for the outstanding response he has recieved. As a friend of his I wanted to show him my appreciation by turning to a bmw community and getting his name out there.

Quite a few more beyond members will be chiming in after their work has been completed.

Hey Buh-Buh, whose IP is this coming from now? While you're at it, why dont you lead the witch hunt with the rest of the members whom posted positive accounts of Parms service?

By the way there are only two people who work at MotorWerkes, three if you included his girlfriend who occassionally 'womens' the front desk.

scat19
08-02-2009, 11:32 AM
Re-reading all your earlier posts in this thread, you've been sucks his balls from the get go. Trying to get around advertising, but putting all important info like shop rate, bmw computers, and telling of other "nice cars" there.

And I'm glad you don't like me. I'm not losing anything :rofl:

rabbany
08-04-2009, 08:17 AM
Hey Guys, I decided to visit motorwerks over the weekend and I must say the service I received was superior. My e90 required an oil change asap (road trip for the long weekend) and Parm (owner) took me in with no hesitation. I’ve never met the guy and told him my situation and he took the car in right away. His prices were very competitive and in fact I found the service to be better then bmw. He took me into the back and recommended things I should consider for future work required on my beamer (pointing out the wear and tear – visually). I can not recall the last time a local bmw dealer did that for one my cars (rather then just giving me a large invoice)…My suggestion to all is that you go experience the service at Motorwerks before you post negative remarks.. Thanks for the service and I’ll definitely be back Parm.

scat19
08-04-2009, 02:25 PM

buh_buh
08-04-2009, 04:50 PM
I never liked you scat. I am kind of glad you wont be showing up at motorwerkes.

why dont you lead the witch hunt with the rest of the members whom posted positive accounts of Parms service?

What is it any of your business whether scat goes to MotorWerkes or not if you have no affiliation with them? At the end of the day, isn't a dollar made from scat the same as a dollar made from anyone else? You don't get to choose your customers.

As for the witch hunt, I think its over. You were really the only one that seemed like you were trying to scam some free advertising for MotorWerkes on Beyond, regardless of whether you work there or not.

Again, I'm not debating whether the guy does good work or not, but the fact is, numerous people have come out and said he took rage's car out for a joyride. Him joyriding customers' cars and his ability to be a good mechanic are mutually exclusive.

colt22
08-13-2009, 01:06 AM
Alright I worked at calgary BMW, just wondering which guy was parm.

The taller guy with the m3 cab or the small brown dude?

As for going there.. I might, I worked at calgary BMW for the summer between semesters and had a nice employee rate on service.. now that I quit for school Im fucked once again so I might go to motorwerks.
Too bad I tried every possible google search and could not come up with their address or website.

To add about the rage2 HPF scandal, I can personally attest that the car could of been driven by anyone essentially. I was a lot attendant and could of easily took the car for a spin if I worked there when his car was for service, as the cars keys are hung on a board

max_boost
08-13-2009, 03:51 AM
He'll still charge 80 bux for a 5 second job, activating the alarm. :rolleyes:

You have a point though. Hell he could have just charged you $20 and you would have been happier right? haha That's why it's nice to have some connections in the auto industry. Plus it's not like he was a delivery guy who had to drive across the City to get to you to flick on the switch, you took the car right to him! lol

My story: MB wanted $125+tax to install a foglight. TireCraft offered to look at it for me and it took them 5mins and it was done for free.

Who is it then?

Originally posted by rage2

He told his manager that he took the car out of the lot, but turned right back in. Funny thing is I don't have a GPS log for that, only one for leaving the lot, rip around a few blocks, and drive back in. On the same day, around the same time.

:drama:

Oh shit.

Coincidence? I think not!

lint
08-13-2009, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by colt22
Too bad I tried every possible google search and could not come up with their address or website.

read the thread perhaps?

Originally posted by lint
don't think contact info can be posted if they're not a sponsor, but if you add a www. and a .com ....

R154
08-13-2009, 11:53 AM
Where is the gps log for the work done on the car? Is there a log for the time in spent on the hoist getting worked on?

The only people making a big deal about it are those who had nothing to do with it at all. Besides, I PM'd rage a couple weeks after his incident, and he was equally as apathetic about who it was then, as he is now. Rumours and the truth are two completely different issues altogether.

For the last time PARM DID NOT JOYRIDE RAGE2'S CAR directly from his mouth a couple posts up.

Max, do you work for free? Honestly? If I came to your resturant and told you to give me a springroll and coke, would you do it? Would you be a littel insulted that a random is demanading service?
He is saving you money, you have to get it done. Dont like it? Go and pay your 100$ at the dealership and wait for a couple weeks to be booked in. Simple.

So he charges a price for a service, you pay the price, you get the assurance of a BMW head technican who knows what he is doing, doing that job.
I have recieved a lot of fast service, and free service, but that is because he KNOWS ME.
I have spent about 2.5 grand already. He isnt going to charge me to do a little job, when he knows I am getting major work done. Money talks.

To expect someone to work for you for free, especially when they dont know you from the next guy is ridiculous. The hypocrisy you are trying to preach is unfathomable to me. Tirecraft will work on your shit for free for two reasons. 1) you have had work done by them before, and are likely to come back and spend money. 2) They receive a lot of beyond advertising/ new members, and are a sponsor, they will bend over for a mod/Super-og.

scat19
08-13-2009, 12:20 PM
You sound like an ass clown.

Who asked for free work? Fuck, try reading a little. What is Rage going to do about the joy-ride? What's done is done.

R154
08-13-2009, 01:08 PM

Stop cluttering the thread you chump. Why are you so butt hurt?

you were asking for free work.

scat19
08-13-2009, 01:09 PM

Stop cluttering the thread you chump. Why are you so butt hurt?

you were asking for free work.

Again, you fail at reading. :facepalm:

R154
08-13-2009, 01:21 PM
You are quoted a price, you dispute it and expect to pay a price you have in mind. He isnt an auctioneer. He isnt going to barter with you. He runs a business, you pay the price that he quotes' you or you just dont go.

Why dont you go to CBMW and dispute their quote? It was more then his was it not?

If its so simple a job, why dont you do it tough guy?

scat19
08-13-2009, 01:26 PM
Stop PM'ing me R154, keep bending over and getting raped.

And it is simple. And yes, I am going to do it. Myself.

buh_buh
08-13-2009, 01:28 PM
r154 you're not really helping Motorwerkes' cause by saying all you've been saying in this thread. You're coming off like you're affiliated with them, yet you're ridiculing potential customers. It makes them (and you) look unprofessional. Maybe you should try to work out and justify their decisions in a reasonable manner, instead of trying to intimidate and berate customers.

scat19
08-13-2009, 01:31 PM
According to him, OG's of this board dis-like me. Perhaps I come off a little opinionated, but who isn't?

R154 wrote on 08-13-2009 01:16 PM:
I just dont understand. he fucking quoted you a price, if you dont like it dont go. I dont understand why you have to keep droning on and being a punk when you havent even given his shop a chance. Admit it, you are slagging on him and his shop because you think its fashionable. Good luck when you have to wait 3 weeks to get an oil change. I hope the previous owner did inspection II or god help you. CBMW will own you.

Im trying to help members, and for your information from what I have been told quite a few lurkers and some OG's think you are an idiot that only runs his mouth and hope never to see you at motorwerkes. Some of them have been quite vocal about it, and yet parm has defended you.

I told him you werent worth his time. and you arent.

buh_buh
08-13-2009, 01:35 PM
who are the OGs that think he's an idiot? And beyond that, who cares what OGs think? :poosie:

scat19
08-13-2009, 01:36 PM
That was in my response. :rofl:

Either which way :closed:

Wrinkly
08-13-2009, 01:42 PM
R154 - with all due respect, you most certainly do fail at reading.

No-one is asking for 'free' anything. It was merely pointed out that what takes five minutes or less to do, could be charged at a more reasonable rate than a whole hour of labour. It does kind of smack of gouging.

Yes - if you know someone, you may get some freebies from time to time - that's the way the world works. However; it works both ways, too. If you're reasonable about something as small as scat is referring to with a brand new customer, then that customer is far more likely to return when he needs more work doing. Potentially a good investment and great business sense (especially considering that even at a 'cut rate' you're not investing anything, you're still getting paid for it and still making a profit - albeit smaller).

I would have thought that for something so small and simple to do, it could easily be charged at say fifteen minutes labour, resulting in a very happy customer (that's going to spread the word and possibly come back) and STILL provide some profit for the shop.

All this thread has really achieved is your appearing to be an ass licker and Parm as potentially untrustworthy with customers vehicles; possibly a bad rep for his shop - or even a good rep for his shop. That's for each of of us to conclude individually and is quite subjective.

R154
08-13-2009, 01:45 PM
I intentionally left their names out, so that they could respond on their own accord. Unprofessional or not, when a bunch of you are jumping on a bandwagon slagging a hardworking decent new shop im going to say something.

regardless of what I say beyond members have flocked to his shop and made it worth while to cater to this community. But at the cost of a few broke kids crying over the fact that they cant dictate their own price I think its justified that I say my piece then keep my peace.

I dont speak FOR the shop, I am merely communicating my positive experience and defending the guy from blatant stupidity.

If you cant see how a non customer speaking poorly about a shop isnt ridiculous then your opinion is about as valid as his.

Parm isnt a very internet savy person, he doesnt visit beyond at all, it was a struggle to show him the importance of communicating on the internet. He likes talking to new customers face to face, or on the phone. How is he to defend his shop or his name if he spends his time working on bimmers, as opposed to monitoring this thread?

In short beyond has alot of good members who see this as a terrific alternative to the dealership, but a few (people without bimmers) will always try to create drama.

R154
08-13-2009, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by Wrinkly
R154 - with all due respect, you most certainly do fail at reading.

No-one is asking for 'free' anything. It was merely pointed out that what takes five minutes or less to do, could be charged at a more reasonable rate than a whole hour of labour. It does kind of smack of gouging.

Yes - if you know someone, you may get some freebies from time to time - that's the way the world works. However; it works both ways, too. If you're reasonable about something as small as scat is referring to with a brand new customer, then that customer is far more likely to return when he needs more work doing. Potentially a good investment and great business sense (especially considering that even at a 'cut rate' you're not investing anything, you're still getting paid for it and still making a profit - albeit smaller).

I would have thought that for something so small and simple to do, it could easily be charged at say fifteen minutes labour, resulting in a very happy customer (that's going to spread the word and possibly come back) and STILL provide some profit for the shop.

All this thread has really achieved is your appearing to be an ass licker and Parm as potentially untrustworthy with customers vehicles; possibly a bad rep for his shop - or even a good rep for his shop. That's for each of of us to conclude individually and is quite subjective.

My point was he was quoted a price at Cbmw, he was quoted a lesser price at motorwerkes, he disputes the price at motorwerkes but yet accepts the price at the dealership.

At the end of the day he is asking for preferential treatment BEFORE he got any work done. A price is a price. if he doesnt like it he doesnt have to get hte work done, he could have accepted what he was quoted and gone to another shop. But instead he chose to make a big deal about how he thinks the shop is a rip off. That is unfair to say the least.

Using rage2's "scandal" as a scapegoat he is clearly slagging Parm with no clear reasoning beyond the fact that he wanted to jump on the bandwagon.

Wrinkly
08-13-2009, 02:11 PM

My point was he was quoted a price at Cbmw, he was quoted a lesser price at motorwerkes, he disputes the price at motorwerkes but yet accepts the price at the dealership.

At the end of the day he is asking for preferential treatment BEFORE he got any work done. A price is a price. if he doesnt like it he doesnt have to get hte work done, he could have accepted what he was quoted and gone to another shop. But instead he chose to make a big deal about how he thinks the shop is a rip off. That is unfair to say the least.

Yet another 'reading' fail??

If he had accepted a price at either place - he would have had the work done already. He "accepted" neither. Again, what was being discussed was fairness in pricing in comparison to what is involved. Whilst I accept that business is business, and generally it is based on what people are willing to pay; most people don't understand what is (or in this case, isn't) involved with most vehicle service/repair and will happily pay whatever they're 'told' it 'costs to do the work.

However; when one is aware of how simple a certain task is; most people would object to paying what seems to be an obscene amount of money (an hour versus fifteen minutes as in my example, which is still THREE times the rate for a five minute job).

No-one to my knowledge has disputed the ability/knowledge of Motorwekes in this thread - but you seem to be having some diffculty grasping the point being discussed.

R154
08-13-2009, 02:16 PM
Whats so hard to understand, what is the issue. He was quoted a price at the dealership, and a lesser price at motorwerkes. Why is there complaining?

Less is less. Period. I dont know what is involved with doing whatever it was he was quoted for. I dont have the epuipment to do it. Nor do I have the knowledge.

So I trust that when I am being quoted a price, its a fair price. If my hands are tied and I can only get certain niche things done at the dealership and now some place pops up that is able to do it as well for lesser cost I am happy.

Who am I to question his pricing? I dont go to the dealership and question their pricing.

Whats the problem?

scat19
08-13-2009, 02:25 PM
Problem = price gouging.

Canadian seem to love it. Cell phones, insurance, housing, repair shops, dealers, car prices.

R154 - go to your desktop, right click, properties, change your wallpaper.

That's what I want done to my Car.

1)Car and Key memory

2)Car memory

3)Alarm

4)Interior sensor, ACTIVE

5)Tilt Sensor, ACTIVE

and the option for making the lights flash when the alarm goes off, I forget off the top of my head.

BOOM.

Wrinkly
08-13-2009, 02:28 PM
Whats so hard to understand, what is the issue. He was quoted a price at the dealership, and a lesser price at motorwerkes. Why is there complaining?

Less is less. Period. I dont know what is involved with doing whatever it was he was quoted for. I dont have the epuipment to do it. Nor do I have the knowledge.

So I trust that when I am being quoted a price, its a fair price. If my hands are tied and I can only get certain niche things done at the dealership and now some place pops up that is able to do it as well for lesser cost I am happy.

Who am I to question his pricing? I dont go to the dealership and question their pricing.

Whats the problem?

Three words - Flogging, horse and dead - rearrange into a well known phrase

:facepalm: (had to use this - because I found myself actually doing it upon reading that post).

SilverGS
08-13-2009, 03:35 PM

Whats the problem?

R154, I posted a positive experience with Parm and Motorwerkes but I have to agree with the others on this.

Yes, Motorwerks is cheaper than the dealership but its not about the hourly rate in this case. What people are not happy with is charging an hour of labour for something that takes less than 5 minutes. People have been complaining about that issue from the dealership for ages but we all know that BMW overall doesn't really give a crap about most of their customers. That kind of mentatility is why I try and find alternatives other than the dealer for my service requirements.

Sure you can say that the dealer does it so why can't motorwerkes. Yes they can but then they will just get the same reputation in the end. Sure their hourly rate is cheaper but they still charge you an hour of labour for 5 minutes. It would be a refreshing change if a shop came out and was more reasonable and say charge 15 min for that 5 minutes. Hell if they charged 30 min labour for that 5 minutes to help cover rent and whatever else most people would not have any issue.

Consumers like you are why we tend to pay a lot more for things than our southern counterparts. You just accept the price and don't question why someone is charging you $100 for that $0.50 item. We don't have the competition to help drive prices down for us. We need informed consumers that don't pay overinflated prices until companies have no choice but to give us more reasonable rates.

max_boost
08-14-2009, 01:17 PM
While I'm curious to as who took rage2's car for a joyride, since R154 said he knows who did it and it isn't this brother name Parm lol

The issue is 'discretion'. You know, you just apply discretion to certain situations! You don't have to throw the book at everything. CBMW is one of the big companies who just don't give a shit, but you would hope that smaller/independent shops have more room to move on certain things.

As for my restaurant, no I would not give you a free spring roll and coke if you just showed up but if you came in with the intent of giving me business and paying $12 for my buffet but only ended up having a spring roll and a coke before you had to leave or just wasn't hungry anymore, guess what? I wouldn't charge you $12, I would charge you $3! lol

And yes, R154, you do suck at reading! lol

JustinGTP
08-15-2009, 02:06 AM
This thread is LOL. Especially R154.

Bimmer88
08-23-2009, 01:48 AM

And probably why he doesn't work at BMW anymore so he decided to open up his own shop... This thread is RIDICULARS.

Team_Mclaren
08-23-2009, 02:15 AM
Problem = price gouging.

Canadian seem to love it. Cell phones, insurance, housing, repair shops, dealers, car prices.

R154 - go to your desktop, right click, properties, change your wallpaper.

That's what I want done to my Car.

1)Car and Key memory

2)Car memory

3)Alarm

4)Interior sensor, ACTIVE

5)Tilt Sensor, ACTIVE

and the option for making the lights flash when the alarm goes off, I forget off the top of my head.

BOOM.
\
One thing i dont quite understand, can you get this work done anywhere else for cheaper then? I understand its really simple work, but since no one else has that ability to change those settings on a BMW, or that the device to complete those settings is expensive. Does it not make sense to charge a "reasonable" price (to cover the cost of equipment>?). Its simple supply and demand, if people are willing to pay, theres not point in lowering the price.

just wondering. And ya, if you dont like what he quoted you, just go somewhere else. simple as that. I dont understand why people are so workup about it...:dunno:

Everlast
08-24-2009, 09:44 AM
I had my suspension installed by Parm on my M3 last week.
I called him that morning and he booked me in and had it installed by that same afternoon.
Had some issues with making the RSMs fit (I have a 'vert) and some other issues that made the install harder. I wasn't charged extra for these things like I have been in other shops.

Parm stayed after shop hours to make sure I was happy with the install and ride height. Overall it was a good experience.

I suggest giving Parm a shot and meet the guy yourself.

scat19
08-24-2009, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by Team_Mclaren

\
One thing i dont quite understand, can you get this work done anywhere else for cheaper then? I understand its really simple work, but since no one else has that ability to change those settings on a BMW, or that the device to complete those settings is expensive. Does it not make sense to charge a "reasonable" price (to cover the cost of equipment>?). Its simple supply and demand, if people are willing to pay, theres not point in lowering the price.

just wondering. And ya, if you dont like what he quoted you, just go somewhere else. simple as that. I dont understand why people are so workup about it...:dunno:

You're missing the entire point aren't you?

And will these noobs stop chiming in on this thread to try and turn this AROUND? I talked to a great source within the Dilawri group. He was fired. He didn't quit.

There are consequences to actions. Perhaps people will learn one day.

rage2
08-24-2009, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by Team_Mclaren
One thing i dont quite understand, can you get this work done anywhere else for cheaper then?
Integra Tire (formerly Tirecraft) over on McLeod near chinook. They bought a GT1 when they became a HPF dealer so they can reprogram my car, do my clutch, etc.

Team_Mclaren
08-24-2009, 01:27 PM

You're missing the entire point aren't you?

And will these noobs stop chiming in on this thread to try and turn this AROUND? I talked to a great source within the Dilawri group. He was fired. He didn't quit.

There are consequences to actions. Perhaps people will learn one day.

maybe? I dont give a shit about what he did or didnt do to rage2's M3. If rage2 doesnt give a shit now, why should I?

I'm more curious on why you are so pissed about what he charges. Sure its simple work, but can you do it yourself? do you have a GT1 (which i assume is the machine to do the settings)? If not, move on and just get someone else to do it (integra tire as suggested?)

scat19
08-28-2009, 08:14 AM
Via PM. Not very worthy of "great customer service" now is it?

P@MotorWerkes wrote on 08-28-2009 07:20 AM:
Cant u reply?stop fukin shooting ur mouth bitch, im really starting not to like u!!

scat19 wrote on 08-28-2009 08:12 AM:
Keep swearing at me and being insulting. I knew there wasn't an ounce of customer service in you.

I'll tell you what customer service is. I went to a tire shop recently, my first time at this particular location (recently moved houses), I was nervous about the techs driving my car, not scraping it etc.... I had a tire fixed. Striked up some great conversation during the fix....

The total bill? Free (45 dollar value). He gained my trust, as I was weary, and I now know where to go for any future repairs. I'll also send him business.

Please, stop PM'ing me.

P@MotorWerkes
08-28-2009, 12:01 PM
Like i said, there are consequences for your actions. Did you honestly believe that i was going to sit back and let you write all these false posts about me and my my company. The plain and simple fact is that i was going to charge you 1hour to retrofit a alarm in your car and you declined the work. Here at Motorwerkes we charge $80/Hr, if this was outside of your budget then you should have said so on the phone when you talked to me. I cannot believe that you have blabbed on for 5 pages on this thread bashing me over $80.00. And now your saying that i got fired?? :facepalm: If you want the facts come to my shop and ill show you the seperation papers from CBMW were it states " reason for leaving, QUIT." I have no time for your silly games and chat.

Jlude
08-28-2009, 01:23 PM
Via PM. Not very worthy of "great customer service" now is it?

scat19 wrote on 08-28-2009 08:12 AM:
Keep swearing at me and being insulting. I knew there wasn't an ounce of customer service in you.

I'll tell you what customer service is. I went to a tire shop recently, my first time at this particular location (recently moved houses), I was nervous about the techs driving my car, not scraping it etc.... I had a tire fixed. Striked up some great conversation during the fix....

The total bill? Free (45 dollar value). He gained my trust, as I was weary, and I now know where to go for any future repairs. I'll also send him business.

Please, stop PM'ing me.
[/QUOTE]

Way to keep it classy!

cykosis
08-28-2009, 05:35 PM
I usually lurk the boards but since I have first hand experience of the Motorwereks, thought Id post.

Took my car to MotorWerkes this past week to have my wheel bearings replaced, thought Id try the place out from some responses on here. Its never been taken anywhere else for service besides Calgary BMW, so I was very leary doing it for the first time.

I have to admit Parm came across as a safe person when I first met him, had my car back to me asap after some extra work was needed and he even did a couple of things for free.

Not sure why there are threads bashing the place or him, but Id definitley recommend the place, he came across professional, the garage was clean and the price and service were great.

dawinder
08-29-2009, 10:00 AM
my car was there last week had a good service thats all i can say