PDA

View Full Version : Need Advice On Dodge Ram 1500

dust-off
07-07-2009, 10:45 AM
2000 Dodge Ram 1500. so i put the truck in first, second or drive and it only goes in first or gets stuck in second and rpms high when it should be shifting. if i let off the pedal a bit then it will shift into second at around 50 - 60 KMH and then back into first on its own while i keep my foot at the same position. now this has happend before because my mechanic put to much transmission fluid in and when i took the extra out it solved the problem. this was about 2 months ago now. please reply ASAP. need truck for work

gretz
07-07-2009, 10:51 AM
Speak Engrish

TPS sensor

:dunno:

corsvette
07-07-2009, 12:43 PM
do you have a check engine light on?

canuckcarguy
07-07-2009, 01:33 PM
Is it always the same, or does it work okay when you first start it, but give problems after a couple of minutes?

Transmission filter is a common failure and a quick and cheap fix, so I'd try that first.

dust-off
07-09-2009, 05:55 PM
my engine light has been on since i bought the truck. i was told because the cat converter is ripped out.

ok so this is what happen i was driving down deerfoot on monday afternoon during that crazy rain storm and i plowed threw a few big puddles going around 100. when i hit my exit my truck got stuck in second. then when i got home and let it sit for a bit it worked fine for a bit then would keep getting stuck in second and first and RPMing itself when my foot would stay in the same position.

Iv taken the truck to work for the past 2 days and not really any problems just shifts a bit weird. so im thinkin its not something horribly wrong. im hoping the filter just got wet? or something.