PDA

View Full Version : Anyone watching the Michael Jackson Memorial?

Neil4Speed
07-07-2009, 10:58 AM
It is looking to be a nice tribute to Michael, Its starting soon anyone else watching along?

There are some live streams if anyone wishes to watch along. Here is one of them.

http://www.michaeljacksonlive.com/memorial/

nismodrifter
07-07-2009, 11:01 AM
^just a live camera??? :dunno:

CBS News stream is available here:

http://mashable.com/2009/07/06/watch-michael-jackson-memorial/

dannie
07-07-2009, 11:05 AM
ctv.ca is doing a live stream as well. It has started with a commentary already, the memorial is at 11 Calgary time.

http://www.ctv.ca/mjmemorial/

dezmarez
07-07-2009, 11:50 AM
its on 13 different channels!!

Godfuader
07-07-2009, 12:25 PM
Been watching the CNN feed since 8 this morning. No sound on these stupid networked computers! :guns:
Anyone PVR'ing this?
If someone comes across a link/torrrent after its done, please post up to watch later tonight.

zain123
07-07-2009, 12:28 PM
al sharpton is loud man hooolyyy

403Gemini
07-07-2009, 04:11 PM
Did I miss something? Did Michael cure cancer in his last few days of life?

B4tMan
07-07-2009, 04:34 PM
why is he not treated as a catholic priest eludes my capacity of comprehending western society

95teetee
07-07-2009, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by Godfuader

If someone comes across a link/torrrent after its done, please post up to watch later tonight. it's on the front page of releaselog but I don't know how reliable their torrents are as I don't use them (their direct d/ls are always good)

http://www.rlslog.net/

edit- hopefully it's ok to post the link...

copynpaste
07-07-2009, 06:16 PM
Anyone know where I can watch a full recap? I missed it, I heard the funeral was amazing.

Zephyr
07-07-2009, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by copynpaste
Anyone know where I can watch a full recap? I missed it, I heard the funeral was amazing.

It was a funeral? Sounded like it was just a huge festival for band wagoners that probably didn't even like him before he died.

ajooo
07-07-2009, 06:23 PM
its on right now if anyone is wondering.
channel 103, much more music

shakalaka
07-07-2009, 09:16 PM
I did when it was playing Live. The end part with his daughter was so sad! :(

copynpaste
07-07-2009, 10:02 PM
http://popwatch.ew.com/popwatch/2009/07/michael-jackson-memorial-service-live-blog.html?xid=rss-feed-todayslatest-MJ+memorial%3A+Watch+it+again

its the full funeral - 177mins long.

89coupe
07-07-2009, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by Zephyr

It was a funeral? Sounded like it was just a huge festival for band wagoners that probably didn't even like him before he died.

No shit. Every fucking media whore on the planet was bashing him during his pedophile trial and now every fucking media whore on the planet is paying tribute to how great he was.

Fuck is the human race ever fucked upped. LOL

mr2mike
07-07-2009, 11:09 PM
Anyone got the rapidshare site or a good torrent?

Also I was listening to Nas' "No One Else in the Room" and there was an "Off the Wall" reference as well as an interlude with a song of Jackson's interpolated.

Got me thinking, how many songs have I heard with a reference to Michael Jackson besides the obvious Kanye West references.

Here's a small list in this site
http://www.ilxor.com/ILX/ThreadSelectedControllerServlet?boardid=41&threadid=11262

dannie
07-07-2009, 11:12 PM
My heart broke when his daughter spoke at the end :(

Godfuader
07-08-2009, 12:10 AM
That was a Fucking amazing memorial. Painted a completely different picture of this legendary Man. Brooke and Usher were quite memorable. Even more intense than the the daughter's bit was Jermaine's singing Michael's fave song 'Smile'. It was emotional because he was singing it for his brother who lay in a casket in front of him. I dont think that I could have that much composure. :cry:

Redlyne_mr2
07-08-2009, 01:19 AM
Where was Janet Jackson?

Kamen
07-08-2009, 01:46 AM
She was there along with all his brothers.

sexualbanana
07-08-2009, 02:56 AM
Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2
Where was Janet Jackson?

I think that was her standing behind Paris when she spoke

Melinda
07-08-2009, 07:12 AM
Holy shit, for a family who hasn't been particularly quiet about their dislike for a person (didn't they even try to disown him a few times?) they sure are trying to milk this publicity for all it's worth. I felt like they were accepting an award at the end of it all, not seriously mourning someone they loved.

What a gong show that was. The concert/service was good, fitting to a legend like him, it was just the family that bothered me. Hugging and kissing ass after every person came off stage. And wearing the glove in memorium to him? I'll bet you a truckload of money that they all thought he was totally off his rocker when he started that. They looked ridiculous.

I was surprised to see the kids though, I'm so used to only seeing their eyes. And considering they weren't biologically his, the eldest certainly does look like him!

Anyone else really creeped out that they had the casket there? I was under the impression that this was a memorial, not a funeral :confused:

sputnik
07-08-2009, 07:22 AM
Originally posted by Melinda
Holy shit, for a family who hasn't been particularly quiet about their dislike for a person (didn't they even try to disown him a few times?) they sure are trying to milk this publicity for all it's worth. I felt like they were accepting an award at the end of it all, not seriously mourning someone they loved.

Latoya was really the only one that ever spoke poorly about Michael.

However she was broke and needed money, so she spoke to the tabloids. She later took back the statements she made.

Neil4Speed
07-08-2009, 07:47 AM
Originally posted by sputnik

Latoya was really the only one that ever spoke poorly about Michael.

However she was broke and needed money, so she spoke to the tabloids. She later took back the statements she made.

Yes exactly, I believe that she was pressured by her then husband Jack Gordon. She later retracted all statements.

mr2mike
07-08-2009, 08:42 AM
Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2
Where was Janet Jackson?

Didn't recognize her all covered up with clothes or what? :nut:

benyl
07-08-2009, 08:46 AM
Janet, Paris, La Toya

http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2009/SHOWBIZ/Music/07/07/paris.jackson/t1home.paris3.gi.jpg

Kritafo
07-08-2009, 08:53 AM
I thought the whole thing was truly outstanding...the family did this for the fans, When Paris spoke at the end it was heartbreaking.

Grew up on Motown, love Jackson all on his own. I just feel so bad for his kids. Regardless of who's the biological parents...he was the one they called dad.

Lex350
07-08-2009, 08:57 AM
It's too bad that the organizers couldn't book the Vienna Boy's Choir.

Michael would have liked that.

Neil4Speed
07-08-2009, 09:24 AM
Originally posted by rotten42
It's too bad that the organizers couldn't book the Vienna Boy's Choir.

Michael would have liked that.

Bahhahahhha oh man, was that a child molestation joke? Oh fuck, just so funny and incredibly original.

A+ Rotten42, A+!