PDA

View Full Version : Why are there so many dead animals on the roads??

streethondas
07-07-2009, 11:32 PM
It pisses me off........ soo many dead rabbits and birds on the roads!! wtf is up with that??
i mean one road in NE has 10 mice & rabbits each after 1min of drive

Disoblige
07-07-2009, 11:36 PM
Animals are just dumb lol.

Birds always scoop down across the road just when you're passing like it's some sort of Bird Olympic Games, and squirrels/rabbits are RETARDED. I always see rabbits/squirrels run across the road 50-60% past, see a car, then instead of running the rest of the way, THEY RUN BACK and get killed. I ran over a cat like that because it ran out, got under the middle of my car and my back wheel ran over it.

streethondas
07-07-2009, 11:39 PM
aaa fuck!! i ran a mice over but it was already dead i was like swearing at my self for 5mins :banghead:

nice 300 btw

Shlade
07-07-2009, 11:40 PM
im afraid of hitting gophers because they always pop infront of my car when im driving.... i hit a squirell with my last car and cracked the front bumper......

Damn animals

soloracer
07-07-2009, 11:41 PM
Because only slow moving pedestrians are exempt from the Laws of Darwinism..........

Lex350
07-07-2009, 11:41 PM
welcome to summer

streethondas
07-07-2009, 11:45 PM
summer is the shit lol thank god i didnt kill any animal yet:D

Cooked Rice
07-07-2009, 11:47 PM
There are a ton of gophers this year it seems. I ran over one myself (i think).

chkolny541
07-07-2009, 11:49 PM
i think i hit a gopher at my work (calgary landfill) we are infested with them!, thousands, everywhere. But it was a company truck, so who cares

5000Audi
07-07-2009, 11:52 PM
ive ran over 10+ gophers already, wife gives me shit everytime even tho i dont try and hit em lol.. Ive also smacked a deer on glenmore near 84th, Good thing i was in a F350, ive also popped a rabbit litteraly lol it blew up when i ran it over.. but i seem to hit lots of animals not sure why lol

found two birds in my grill once after driving back from saskatoon lol

streethondas
07-07-2009, 11:57 PM
good job so i think i should blame you for the ones in NE too lol

Disoblige
07-08-2009, 12:06 AM
Luckily everything I hit was below my bumper haha, but I did hit this giant ass bumblebee on Deerfoot. It came at me so fast that I flinched on the driver's seat as if it was a rock about to smash into the windshield. But no, it went "splat" and had huge bee goo all over the glass.

streethondas
07-08-2009, 12:18 AM
lol i guess its ok if you kill a bee no one will find out:thumbsup:

FraserB
07-08-2009, 12:20 AM
Popped a porqupine by accident, thank god for heavy lugged mud tires, didnt pop anything form the quills. Except for the spray of blood over my wheel well.:banghead:

5000Audi
07-08-2009, 12:23 AM
Originally posted by FraserB
Popped a porqupine by accident, thank god for heavy lugged mud tires, didnt pop anything form the quills. Except for the spray of blood over my wheel well.:banghead:

try hitting a rabbit they pop lol. i had blood all up the side of my truck, looks terrible. and i didnt know where a car wash that was open at midnight, so it dryed on the truck.. was a bitch to clean off lol

BlackArcher101
07-08-2009, 12:24 AM
Thank god for a 1/8" thick aluminium skid plate :)
You can hear *ping* when the gophers stand up in the path of the car. I'm afraid to pull it down in case there's a few loose heads rolling around on it.

streethondas
07-08-2009, 12:38 AM
you all are animal killers!!:devil:

jswankster
07-08-2009, 12:48 AM
i have a BAD habit of Aiming for the stupid bastards... lol.. but I dont usually drive in the North :D

mowglee
07-08-2009, 01:03 AM
i saw a dead skunk on peigan trail 2-3 days ago. luckily no smell so it must have been there for a little while. that thing was freaking huge tho!

Bizzareo
07-08-2009, 01:27 AM
The real problem here is that Calgary does not have a restaurant with the theme "you kill em, we grill em".

:drool:

:barf:

Tomaz
07-08-2009, 08:53 AM
Driving between Calgary and Strathmore has claimed the lives of many gophers. Poor little bastards have more balls than a cop at a radar trap!

Lagerstatten.ca
07-08-2009, 09:01 AM
Had my first two road kills for the summer on the way back from Regina. One was a sparrow or something doing those Bird Olympics, I think that one went through one of the rims...not a pretty sight.

The other was a prairie dog on the highway...the guy ran right in front of me and decided to stand up. Hit the guy dead center in the middle of the bumper. If I had swerved, he would've ended up under one of the tires.

Oh well...

freshprince1
07-08-2009, 09:16 AM
Originally posted by Shlade
im afraid of hitting gophers because they always pop infront of my car when im driving.... i hit a squirell with my last car and cracked the front bumper......

Damn animals

A Squirrel cracked your bumper!? What are you driving!? Powerwheels?

The only concern I have with hitting gophers is the hope that I didn't get any leftovers stuck on my car.

n1zm0
07-08-2009, 09:31 AM
It's like from Seinfeld where the animals forget the agreement we have and George hits the squirrel lol, just a couple days ago, this robin is sitting there eating whatever on the road and i'm doing 30-40km/h and slowly creeping up to it the fker didnt move, just kept eating! I drove around the bird, first time ever.

So either they're that low on food and could care less about this huge monster about to drive over them or they've had enough and are making a stand against humans lol, which is a bad idea... = roadkill.

also that swooping before a car has to be some sort of game/activity, all the small birds do it, 'who's more hardcore' :nut:

TorqueDog
07-08-2009, 09:41 AM
Originally posted by n1zm0
So either they're that low on food and could care less about this huge monster about to drive over them or they've had enough and are making a stand against humans lol, which is a bad idea... = roadkill.Maybe the 'recession' is affecting the birds too. :nut:

japan_us
07-08-2009, 09:52 AM
At least you didn't hit a fox. (http://www.carolinarides.com/forum/showthread.php?t=30095&highlight=bmw+hits+fox)

ExtraSlow
07-08-2009, 09:57 AM
I nailed a duck on Memorial Drive this spring. I felt pretty bad because I really like ducks and they aren't nearly as annoying as gophers. However, I wasn't about to start swerving around in traffic to avoid an animal that's too stupid to get out of the way.

The birds in NZ are really crazy. I killed several small birds and one huge eagle or hawk when I was down there.

I've also slaughtered a couple deer, rabbits and dozens of gophers.

TorqueDog
07-08-2009, 10:02 AM
Fox ram air!

JfuckinC
07-08-2009, 10:09 AM
Gophers are nuts this year. Driving to work down secondary roads east of town is like a game dodging these things. And the past few days these little black birds have been swooping infront of my truck? Wtf.

brentos
07-08-2009, 11:43 AM
I popped 4 gophers on my way to the air port earlier this year.. One of them cracked my front lip a bit:banghead: lol Cant imagine hitting a rabbit though. I think it was early in the season so they were slow as hell. (I Couldnít weave to avoid them)
Itís a sport for birds to swoop down in front of your car while driving lol. Last year I got a little robin stuck in my front hood scoop while I was driving down 18ST in Riverbend.

CRXguy
07-08-2009, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by mowglee
i saw a dead skunk on peigan trail 2-3 days ago. luckily no smell so it must have been there for a little while. that thing was freaking huge tho!

Just west of 52nd st? I drove by it and it stunk like crazy. This was Sunday morning.

SCHIDER23
07-08-2009, 02:20 PM
Man I'm always careful, I have never hit a gopher, rabbit, or bird in my 10+ years of driving :thumbsup: :bigpimp:

toastgremlin
07-08-2009, 02:27 PM
The NE seems especially bad for roadkill - last summer I saw probably about four dead rabbits in a two block area, followed by a ton of dead gophers.

I've only hit one ground squirrel this year, but it was because he refused to move from the middle of Anderson.

My buddy stopped for a deer, only to have it run around his car and directly into the stationary passenger side door, breaking it.

gretz
07-08-2009, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by SCHIDER23
Man I been I'm always careful I guess, I have never hit a gopher, rabbit, or bird in my 10+ years of driving :thumbsup: :bigpimp:

but you've wrote off 4 cars swerving to avoid them

j/k

stevieo
07-08-2009, 02:32 PM
I ran over a deer or a cow on deerfoot just outside of beddington trail one night heading home. there was a 4runner infront of me about 5 car lengths then all of a sudden BOOM I see all this red splatter. blood/meat chunks flew on my windshield. I had no chance of dodging the carcass or my car would have probably flipped.. im suprised my bumper didn't blow up when I ran over the thing though. (this happened at like 3-4 AM, no car washes that I knew of that was open that early/late sooo i couldn't wash it until I woke up next day... it fucking reeked and shit hah)

5000Audi
07-08-2009, 02:46 PM
haha lots of road kill stories.. years back when i first got my licence i hit a pack of skunks only ended up killing two of em.. well lets say the car smelt for 3 weeks no matter how many time i washed it.. i ended up selling it for 300 bucks and bought a new car lol..

as for a gross road kill story, i was driving highway 3 through the mountains at night, come around a corner and huge blood pool on the road it sounded like i ran through a puddle.. few hunderd feet up i found it stuck under a semi truck..( well parts of it) it was nasty lol.. i didnt see the blood on my car till the next morning.. since the car was dark color plus dark outside.. it was gross and smelt terrible

vtec4life
07-08-2009, 02:50 PM
On monday night I actually saw a dead deer on the side of the road where the median is on Sarcee trail right before 16th Ave. I thought it was an interesting place for a deer to get struck by a car:dunno:

freshprince1
07-08-2009, 06:24 PM
Saw a guy hit a deer on Highway 2 just south of Cranston last week. He pulled over right away, jumped out, picked up a huge rock and pounded the Deer's head to put it out of its misery.

prae
07-08-2009, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by freshprince1
Saw a guy hit a deer on Highway 2 just south of Cranston last week. He pulled over right away, jumped out, picked up a huge rock and pounded the Deer's head to put it out of its misery.

takes a real man to do that, shit. :eek:

Twin_Cam_Turbo
07-08-2009, 09:46 PM
Originally posted by Bizzareo
The real problem here is that Calgary does not have a restaurant with the theme "you kill em, we grill em".

:drool:

:barf:

:rofl:

van
07-08-2009, 10:42 PM
Originally posted by stevieo
I ran over a deer or a cow on deerfoot just outside of beddington trail one night heading home. there was a 4runner infront of me about 5 car lengths then all of a sudden BOOM I see all this red splatter. blood/meat chunks flew on my windshield. I had no chance of dodging the carcass or my car would have probably flipped.. im suprised my bumper didn't blow up when I ran over the thing though. (this happened at like 3-4 AM, no car washes that I knew of that was open that early/late sooo i couldn't wash it until I woke up next day... it fucking reeked and shit hah)

32nd avenue beside tacobell is open 24/7 i think

///328is
07-08-2009, 10:49 PM
i rane over a rabbit :barf:

streethondas
07-09-2009, 01:08 AM
ahaha crazzy shit im glad i posted this!

its all you people from beyond who have been killin these animals!!!:eek:

Eleanor
07-09-2009, 05:57 PM
I've Darwined a couple gophers so far this year, not too bad.

bignerd
07-09-2009, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by stevieo

Uh, there is a big difference between a cow and a deer... you would know if you hit a cow-you would probably be dead.

stevieo
07-10-2009, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by bignerd

Uh, there is a big difference between a cow and a deer... you would know if you hit a cow-you would probably be dead.

uh, thanks for the correction.

I don't know what it was for sure. it was brown and red and it was already laying on the road in 2 pieces. but whatever its all gone now. and im still here so good day.

SCHIDER23
07-12-2009, 08:08 AM
Originally posted by gretz

but you've wrote off 4 cars swerving to avoid them

j/k

TOUCH… LOL :thumbsup:

Raven_R1
07-12-2009, 10:32 AM
Canadian Worst Drivers ( Good Show)

flipstah
07-13-2009, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by japan_us
At least you didn't hit a fox. (http://www.carolinarides.com/forum/showthread.php?t=30095&highlight=bmw+hits+fox)

Holy crap! Part out? :thumbsup:

Some of the rabbits are smart and book it towards the other side but the flock of birds, they just flutter by, thinking the car will stop.

We've had two robins and a crow get stuck in the XC90 grille during our cross-country road trips. No damage on the car. The birds however...

Kloubek
07-13-2009, 03:26 PM
When I first saw this thread, I didn't get it. I didn't see ANY animals on the road.

Then this Saturday I ran over a gopher. Add 1 to the roadkill list...

Darkane
07-13-2009, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by streethondas
ahaha crazzy shit im glad i posted this!

its all you people from beyond who have been killin these animals!!!:eek:

Are you an animal activist or something?

Birds and critters are useless.

Birds are so retarded - I hit 3 coming back from Ft. McMurray my last time.

I was passing a rig, a flock of birds (God knows why) were flying just above the truck. They went to swoop down BESIDE the truck as I was passing, they got caught in the wind eddies and I lodged one into my grill and one exploded off of my hood. Took me three power washes to clean the blood from the 3M.

I'll post a pic on a couple days when I'm back home in Mcmurray. Fucking idiot animals.

B4tMan
07-13-2009, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by JfuckinC
Gophers are nuts this year. Driving to work down secondary roads east of town is like a game dodging these things. And the past few days these little black birds have been swooping infront of my truck? Wtf.
The birds identified lil gopher balls on your bumper and are going for them ...