PDA

View Full Version : Songs that bother you

Gibson
07-08-2009, 01:16 AM
For some reason, recently there's been a few dozens songs out there that simply bother me. Can't really tell you why, but whenever one comes on I feel the need to stab myself violently.

I'll start with a few...

Don't Call Me Baby - Kreesha Turner
Lady Killer - Kreesha Turner
Tug of War - Carly Rae Jepsen
Sunglasses - Divine Brown (This song is seriously just the same sentence fragment over and over again.)
Sober - Pink
Pocket Full of Sunshine - Natasha Beddingfeld (I DO know why this song bothers me; IT'S GOD DAMN AWFUL)

Melinda
07-08-2009, 01:19 AM
That song called "the way I am". The line where the grammatically challenged douchebag says "that's the way I are" (or whatever the line is) makes me cringe every time.

Also the song "my life would suck without you" by Kelly Clarkson. How much intelligence is this world lacking to make a song like that a #1 hit?

And no idea what the name of the song is, but the chorus goes something like "dont go out with the boys tonight, I wont sleep a wink, wondering what you're doing...". It drives me mental. Nothing like encouraging an unhealthy lack of trust in all of the pre-teen females that listen to this garbage.

And anything Nickleback sings. Just because I hate them with a passion.

jsn
07-08-2009, 02:28 AM
Abit old, but anything from soulja boy. Can't stand that guy

Enhance
07-08-2009, 02:35 AM
Know your enemy - Greenday
ya... sing the shitty ass chorus over, and over, and over. What a great song. The worst part is that X plays it every 15 minutes.

soupey
07-08-2009, 02:51 AM
still trying to sort out why lil wayne makes money off his autotuned voice. i cant stand many songs with him in it.

5000Audi
07-08-2009, 02:59 AM
Karl Wolf -Africa...NO WHERE near as good as ToTo's version

szw
07-08-2009, 07:03 AM
that lady gaga one is so horrible I really get angry hearing it on the radio. There are a few others that I hear on the radio which evokes a similar feeling but I don't know their names.

Neil4Speed
07-08-2009, 07:10 AM
I was looking at the Billboard Top 100 from the past three years, and I was able to pick out literally 10 good songs from it. Every song on hit radio pisses me off, I listen to almost strictly CD's now.

Anything Kanye "sings" is incredibly annoying.

Hamann
07-08-2009, 08:46 AM
Anything by Lady GaGa, and that Beyonce song, something about putting rings on :guns:

I've gotten so annoyed with the shit they play on the radio, and the fact that I'm to busy to sit down and make a good CD that i just said fuck it, took the Sub/Amp/Deck out of my Car, so now i have nothing to complain about :thumbsup:

xorina
07-08-2009, 09:00 AM
Popokkerr pokerr faceee and i cannot stand old, ugly madonna. Everytime i see her face i wanna kill myself.

petoria
07-08-2009, 09:06 AM
anything pitbull

Gainsbarre
07-08-2009, 09:20 AM
Let's see this will be a long list, so I'll just restrict myself to the first few that immediately come to mind.

Any Christmas music, especially "Wonderful Christmastime" by Paul McCartney

Anything by George Michael, especially "Careless Whisper"

"Margaritaville" by Jimmy Buffett -- Parrotheads just irritate me in general

Pretty much anything country

Speedy
07-08-2009, 09:28 AM
Originally posted by 5000Audi
Karl Wolf -Africa...NO WHERE near as good as ToTo's version

Thank god..I was starting to think I was the only one that hated this song. His video is lame. I keep seeing it over and over again. its just him and some fat guy dancing on the beech.

n1zm0
07-08-2009, 09:38 AM
Originally posted by Neil4Speed
Anything Kanye "sings" is incredibly annoying.

this and all the other vocoded rap 'artists'.

Plus all the new rap artists of the past 5-7 years or so, something shitty happened to that industry after 2002ish, idk what but it just wasnt as commercial/repetitive/boring back then what i used to listen to in HS.

and anything country of course

JordanEG6
07-08-2009, 09:49 AM
Lady Gaga - Poker Face
Kelly Clarkson - My life would suck without you
Pitbull - I know you want me
Jaimie Foxx - Blame it
FLo-Rida - Low
Marianas Trech - All to myself
Pink - Sober

All these songs suck major balls.

Anything on Vibe. Holt shit, I can't understand how people can listen to that shit constantly on a daily basis.

And I really want to tear my ears off when I hear "Gives You Hell" by All American Rejects...

oh and above all else...anything Lil' Wayne. What a skiny jean, chuck wearing, untalented hack he is.

Originally posted by n1zm0

Plus all the new rap artists of the past 5-7 years or so, something shitty happened to that industry after 2002ish, idk what but it just wasnt as commercial/repetitive/boring back then what i used to listen to in HS.

I would disagree slightly. Given, there are ALOT of 'artists' who completely suck and shouldn't be on the mic, there are upcoming ones that are starting to surface but haven't reached high mainstream spotlight (which is good in a way, they dont get played out on the radio).

B.o.B., Drake, Asher Roth, Kid Cudi, Big Sean, Cool Kids...all these mixtapes and underground albums they put out are better than most of the Top 40 garbage you hear on the radio.

I'm also still rocking Lupe Fiasco from time to time and am still awaiting his final album.

masoncgy
07-08-2009, 09:50 AM
Just about anything new/mainstream/found on 101.5... it's been that way for years... today's popular music is garbage.

TorqueDog
07-08-2009, 10:07 AM
Green Day - Know Your Enemy. Why, you ask?

I was driving along listening to the radio as I'd forgotten my iPod in my room, and the song came on. About twenty seconds in, I decided I didn't want to listen to it for the 17th time today (Thanks CJAY), so I switched to X92.9... and... the same goddamn song was playing at the exact same spot on X92.9.

I almost swerved into the ditch just to make the hurting stop. Luckily, the 'Power' button on the radio works too.

hampstor
07-08-2009, 10:15 AM
That's a surefire way that you know you're getting old - the new music the younger generation likes you think is crap. :)

my contribution to this thread........ lady gaga poker face is as fucking annoying as that 'blue' song a few years ago.

"I'm blue da ba di da di da ba di da di da ba di da di" :banghead:

Euro838
07-08-2009, 10:20 AM
lol, agree with everybody here. I think it wouldn't be so bad if we actually had a MIX of songs rather than hearing the SAME song all the time!

I'm pretty sure a lot of the songs we thought were pretty good listening to it for the first time and wouldn't have minded hoping that it came on every 3 days or so but when you hear it 3 times a day, it becomes unbearable!

Especially when there is SO much music out there that they could throw in here and there.

The other thing that annoys me about free public radio is that ppl on the stations sound so corporate that they don't know or care to know anymore about the artist other than what the producers feed them. To me, it sounds like the news anchors on CTV or global trying to "relate" to the latest music when they really would not listen to this stuff outside of work!

LadyLuck
07-08-2009, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by JordanEG6
Lady Gaga - Poker Face
Kelly Clarkson - My life would suck without you
Pitbull - I know you want me

+1
but really, ANYTHING by lady gaga :guns:

Originally posted by hampstor
"I'm blue da ba di da di da ba di da di da ba di da di" :banghead:

Not cool, thats gonna be stuck in my head for the next week now :banghead:

Alterac
07-08-2009, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by n1zm0

Plus all the new rap artists of the past 5-7 years or so, something shitty happened to that industry after 2002ish,

It was about 2001, when Ushers Yeah! came out (i think the single was 2001, the album was 2004).. All mainstream hip/hop/rap/etc turned to Absolute SHIT..

It is starting to turn around a little, as they are working towards making lyrics again instead of crazy noises and bass.

TorqueDog
07-08-2009, 10:26 AM
I'm fortunate to have never heard the "Poker Face" song.

That said, damn you for mentioning the "I'm blue" song, it's going to haunt me for the rest of the day at least.

Alterac
07-08-2009, 10:36 AM
Lol these guys still look hardcore.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eiffel_65

hampstor
07-08-2009, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by Alterac
Lol these guys still look hardcore.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eiffel_65

After checking that link, i realized i typed the 'Dee' as 'Di' . Oh well, i know how it goes and at least 3 people so far who have seen it know exactly what song im talking about. :banghead:

ringer
07-08-2009, 10:49 AM
Puscifer - What Do You Know

Ugggh i hate it for some reason.
Every time it comes on the radio it's like I have a seizure I change it so fast.

szw
07-08-2009, 11:12 AM
That lady gaga song about "disco stick" is even more retarded than the poker face one. Seriously that song makes me so angry I just switch stations.

JordanEG6
07-08-2009, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by szw
That lady gaga song about "disco stick" is even more retarded than the poker face one. Seriously that song makes me so angry I just switch stations.

It's called "Love Game"...yes, it's pretty annoiying.

nrt_vw
07-08-2009, 11:56 AM
boom boom pow drives me crazy every time it comes on. thats an annoying song

banned3x
07-08-2009, 12:04 PM
i fuckin hate thar song "if i was a boy"

in*10*se
07-08-2009, 01:29 PM
hate for "if you seek amy...." fucking britney...

Criticull
07-08-2009, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by Enhance
Know your enemy - Greenday
ya... sing the shitty ass chorus over, and over, and over. What a great song. The worst part is that X plays it every 15 minutes.

Omg, this song is balls. It almost broke my car.

Also, "You're a zero!" (what song has that chorus).

I just clenched my teeth over it. X needs to chill on the garbage.

OCDP
07-08-2009, 03:13 PM
hahah pretty much any song played by Vibe really.. i feel so brainwashed when that station is on. so terrible

i'll vote for lady gaga as well... lets have some fun this beat is sick, i wanna take a ride on your big fat dick
cue producer.. "make it more radio friendly.."
... i wanna take a ride on your disco stick??
jesusss

and the africa song hahah man oh man.

bubbley
07-08-2009, 03:28 PM
Lil wayne - dying or feel like dying or something

kind of disturbing and very genious kinda too

flipstah
07-08-2009, 03:49 PM
Anything on Vibe. Holt shit, I can't understand how people can listen to that shit constantly on a daily basis.

Hence you invest in Sirius. 70s on 7, 80s on 8, 90s on 9 are my top three! :thumbsup:

Kavy
07-08-2009, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by bubbley
Lil wayne - dying or feel like dying or something

kind of disturbing and very genious kinda too

It is often the case that idiots describe themselves as 'genious' but are ironically ignorant to the fact that the word is spelt 'genius' - much to the amusement of us intelligent people.

bubbley
07-08-2009, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by Kavy

It is often the case that idiots describe themselves as 'genious' but are ironically ignorant to the fact that the word is spelt 'genius' - much to the amusement of us intelligent people.

o no spelling error!! if correcting a spelling error on a forum makes u feel more intelligent. Good on you!!

:rofl:

civic_stylez
07-08-2009, 04:17 PM
i think is the all american rejects... that song "gives you hell, gives you hell...." fucking hate that song...

projekz
07-08-2009, 05:09 PM
Anything on the radio bothers me.!:thumbsdow

Kavy
07-08-2009, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by bubbley

o no spelling error!! if correcting a spelling error on a forum makes u feel more intelligent. Good on you!!

:rofl:

I don't think you see the irony of spelling genius wrong.

Especially when lil Wayne is used in the same sentence.

03ozwhip
07-08-2009, 05:27 PM
the fuckin juicy fruit broad in the commercial...."its gooooonaaa mooouuuoove yaaaaaaaa" fuck off bitch and shutup. i know its not a real song but i hate it.,

PeterGTiR
07-08-2009, 06:44 PM
Black Horse and the Cherry Tree
Jack Johnson songs, all of them.

Gibson
07-09-2009, 01:23 AM
Haha, I forgot to bring on my hate for Gaga as well...

Add another one to the list...

When I Grow Up - The Pussycat Dolls

flipstah
07-09-2009, 07:07 AM
Originally posted by PeterGTiR
Black Horse and the Cherry Tree
Jack Johnson songs, all of them.

Really? I love those songs... :( Why the hate?

Eminem's new stuff is crap.

Kiss Me Through The Phone - Soulja Boy. I'd like to put him through the phone. :banghead:

nj2Type-S
07-09-2009, 07:22 AM
i used to like rap...up until around 2003. now anything "rap" annoys the hell out of me. anything by sean paul pisses me off; there's something about that guy that really, really makes me hate him!

the #1 song that i honestly hate is "single ladies" by beyonce.

dennisaur
07-09-2009, 07:40 AM
boom boom pow, come to think of it, anything by the black eyed peas that's been beaten to death on the air by vibe

any "song" by soulja boy. fergie songs are fuckin annoying as hell and they don't even make any sense. also ALL these pop/punk/emo bands with whiny-sounding lead singers who sound like their balls haven't dropped yet

HyperZell
07-09-2009, 08:00 AM
Nickelback.

The end.

VeilOctane
07-09-2009, 08:10 AM
So sick of love songs

neyo

3g4u
07-09-2009, 09:00 AM
Man i must be way out of the loop because i have no idea who Any of these guys mentioned even are besides beyonce, green day, and Nickleback. lol. That or I just listen to good music only:poosie:

JordanEG6
07-09-2009, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by flipstah

Eminem's new stuff is crap.

Kiss Me Through The Phone - Soulja Boy. I'd like to put him through the phone. :banghead:

Eminem's "Beautiful" is really good though. Other than that, Relapse was weak.

Originally posted by HyperZell
Nickelback.

The end.

Am I the only one who likes Nickelback?! Haha.

sputnik
07-09-2009, 10:06 AM
Pretty much anything played on any mainstream Calgary radiostation.

I hate to say it but even X929 is getting pretty repetitive and is starting to be the Vibe985 for the tight jeans and black t-shirt teenie crowd.

Mixalot27
07-09-2009, 10:08 AM
Beyonce - Single Ladies. Fuck I hate that song, so repetitive and annoying:

Cuz if you liked it then you should have put a ring on it
If you liked it then you shoulda put a ring on it
Don't be mad once you see that he want it
Oh oh oh oh oh oh ohhh oh oh oh oh oh oh ohh

Also anything with Akon in it, I really hate that motherfuker. Something just so annoying about his voice and he always sounds the exact same. He's ruined more than a few songs that would have been good had he not been on them.

And yes Nickelback sucks pretty bad to me too.

sputnik
07-09-2009, 10:09 AM
Am I the only one who likes Nickelback?! Haha.

Did you grow up in rural Alberta or Saskachewan?

HyperZell
07-09-2009, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by Mixalot27
Beyonce - Single Ladies. Fuck I hate that song, so repetitive and annoying:

Cuz if you liked it then you should have put a ring on it
Oh oh oh oh oh oh ohhh oh oh oh oh oh oh ohh

Also anything with Akon in it, I really hate that motherfuker. Something just so annoying about his voice and he always sounds the exact same. He's ruined more than a few songs that would have been good had he not been on them.

And yes Nickelback sucks pretty bad to me too.

I forgot about that one (Beyonce). Anything Nickelback and All The Single Ladies are probably the only two things that make me instantly change the radio station. Some of the new songs that sample old ones make me cringe too, like that Africa song or that You Spin Me Right Round one.

ringer
07-09-2009, 11:38 AM
Why is everyone so cynical about Nickleback, I like them too.
Almost everyone has enjoyed one of there songs at one point in time and now everyone loves to say how much they hate them.
They are Canadian and a very successful band give them a break?
I don't own any of their CD's but I don't understand why so many people think it's unreal to hate them so much?

sputnik
07-09-2009, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by ringer
Almost everyone has enjoyed one of there songs at one point in time and now everyone loves to say how much they hate them.
I don't own any of their CD's but I don't understand why so many people think it's unreal to hate them so much?

Lets compile a list.

- All of their songs sound the same.

- All of their songs are about the same topic.

- Their style sounds like a dozen other bands out there and they haven't once in 10+ years tried to actually write anything that sounds different from their previous stuff.

- They are overplayed to DEATH due to CRTC CanCon regulations. If they were a US band no one outside of Montana would know about them.

- They look and act like douchebags. Unfortunately that happens to 99% of small town hicks that go big in some way.

ntegra98rs
07-09-2009, 12:11 PM
that stupid lady gaga song about riding disco sticks and shit.

black13
07-09-2009, 12:27 PM
Any song that's played way too much on the radio I pretty much hate and with Calgary radio stations repeating the top 40 every hour its easy to hate them.

Nickelback, creed, lady gaga, beyonce, black eyed peas, are definitely some of the worst.

JordanEG6
07-09-2009, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by sputnik

Did you grow up in rural Alberta or Saskachewan?

I grew up in the 'burbs, the NE, and grew up listening to hip-hop. I love Hip-Hop. I am also Filipino. I have no idea why I like Nickelback but hate alot of less annoiying alternative bands or singers hahaha.

flipstah
07-09-2009, 01:45 PM

I grew up in the 'burbs, the NE, and grew up listening to hip-hop. I love Hip-Hop. I am also Filipino. I have no idea why I like Nickelback but hate alot of less annoiying alternative bands or singers hahaha.

Whoa it's like we're twins. :rofl:

Still can't beat Chad Kroeger and that other dude for 'Hero' :thumbsup:

Criticull
07-09-2009, 02:34 PM
anything autotuned. The MMVAs commercial that was on tv until it aired.

240SX92
07-09-2009, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by projekz
Anything on the radio bothers me.!:thumbsdow

QFT. I bought a deck with good ipod input, cut the wire to my antennae, and have been radio free since. Of course you'd think I'd be in trouble when the zombie apocalypse comes as I have no way of knowing it's coming but i'll be ready anyways.

sillysod
07-09-2009, 03:51 PM
#1. Jamie Foxx
#2. Akon
#3. T-Pain
#4. Jeremiah - Birfday sex :thumbsdow

KuruptEX
07-09-2009, 04:08 PM
T-pain
Flo Rida
Lady gaga
Lil Wayne
=Garbage

403Gemini
07-09-2009, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by ringer

Qs4tNeGyTyI

chipdip
07-09-2009, 09:17 PM
BLACK HORSE AND THE CHERRY TREE

hampstor
07-10-2009, 09:23 AM
I like quite a few nickelback songs, and I agree, a lot of their songs played on the radio sound the same. I tend to listen to their earlier stuff and not the newer stuff, it's still good, but it's just the same so why bother?

There are a lot of songs on their albums that are never played because it doesn't "sound" like your typical theory-of-a-nickel-fault + creed + pearl jam + chris daughtry song.

VeilOctane
07-10-2009, 10:05 AM
worst song ever (http://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&source=web&ct=res&cd=1&url=http%3A%2F%2Fsmouch.net%2Flol%2F&ei=aGZXStrsC5XONYm86J0I&usg=AFQjCNEghE9n2JwexIZo-Gpto4GofOcVSQ&sig2=lxOqnbowlBbokju4rM3JmA)

nj2Type-S
07-10-2009, 10:20 AM
^:whipped:

brian_tr
07-10-2009, 10:35 AM
damn i fell for it.
well played veil, well played

flipstah
07-10-2009, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by VeilOctane
worst song ever (http://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&source=web&ct=res&cd=1&url=http%3A%2F%2Fsmouch.net%2Flol%2F&ei=aGZXStrsC5XONYm86J0I&usg=AFQjCNEghE9n2JwexIZo-Gpto4GofOcVSQ&sig2=lxOqnbowlBbokju4rM3JmA)

:whipped: BOO!

VeilOctane
07-10-2009, 01:18 PM
:dunno:

what its a terrible song!!!!

;)

stellerGT
07-10-2009, 01:58 PM
Wow, so many songs to list, but as said before, anyting on the radio is annoying. Heres my list:
-anything form Beyonce, especially Single Ladies
-anything from Pink
-anything from Kelly Clarkson
-Rihanna - live your life, Disturbia, Pon De Replay, SOS, etc...
-Birthday Sex - by some loser
-Flo Rida - Right Round
-Karl Wolf - Africa
-anything from Katy Perry
-anything from Hedley
-anything from Simple Plan
-anything Kreesha Turner

The list goes on, but these songs really annoy me at the moment.

flipstah
07-10-2009, 02:02 PM
College Life. :thumbsdow

superboss
07-10-2009, 02:32 PM
Any Beyonce or Destinys child songs!! I wanna go on a killing spree when I hear any of them..

cancer man
07-11-2009, 10:45 AM
I like Beyonce naked that is.