PDA

View Full Version : Cactus Club - anyone eaten there recently?

copynpaste
07-08-2009, 02:43 PM
Ive been eating there for awhile now on an on-going basis (the one on barlow), but Ive noticed in the past few months, the quality of their dishes dropping. Theyre portions are smaller now, they no longer have the blackened chicken and you dont even get fries or salad now with your burger/sandwich! Before you did. But now they charge you extra. $15 alone just for the burger! :thumbsdow Yes the burger is still good, but not for $15. I was there again last weekend and it was just ok, not as good as before.

JfuckinC
07-08-2009, 02:46 PM
fajita's and girls
im happy everytime i'm there =)
which is alot..
I'm a barlow whore =(

stevieo
07-08-2009, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by JfuckinC
fajita's and girls
im happy everytime i'm there =)
which is alot..
I'm a barlow whore =(

haha you sound like me.

mmm fajitas and girls HAHAHA

Cooked Rice
07-08-2009, 02:55 PM
What one did you go to?

Barlow CC FTW!!! :drool:

Raven_R1
07-08-2009, 06:40 PM
Garbage

JAYMEZ
07-08-2009, 06:41 PM
I like the one by chinook , couple friends i know work there.. I havnt ever had to complain about the food.. and I took Mercedes Terrell there , she loved the fajitas :rofl:

JordanAndrew
07-08-2009, 06:55 PM
I haven't been there for a while but I do remember how good their burgers are. I guess like everything else prices go up and portion sizes go down, it's just the way it is. As long as they maintain the food quality, I'll be ok with smaller portion size.

max_boost
07-08-2009, 07:12 PM
I was just there a couple weeks ago at the Macleod/70th AVE location and thought it was great. :drool: to both the food and women haha

UndrgroundRider
07-08-2009, 08:02 PM
The atmosphere at that Cactus Club is great, but I can't justify the expense too often. And it's only great as a lunch place. For dinner there are many better and cheaper alternatives, like one of the many Kegs in town.

prae
07-08-2009, 09:59 PM
I love that place but I would agree, it is quite pricey for what it is.

sputnik
07-09-2009, 07:52 AM
I can't believe they got rid of the Smokehouse Chicken Quesadilla.

LadyLuck
07-09-2009, 08:35 AM
Was just there last week.
HUGE fan of the Bellini there, and I ordered the chicken strips that came with a side of fries.

The strips were about medium sized and I got 6 of them, along with a large order of fries, I believe it was somewhere around 13-14 bucks. Cant complain.

JfuckinC
07-09-2009, 08:50 AM
Originally posted by LadyLuck
Was just there last week.
HUGE fan of the Bellini there, and I ordered the chicken strips that came with a side of fries.

The strips were about medium sized and I got 6 of them, along with a large order of fries, I believe it was somewhere around 13-14 bucks. Cant complain.

Their chicken strips are soooo good. nice sized and always smokin hot when the come!

Mar
07-09-2009, 09:33 AM
:bullshit: on not getting fries with a $15 burger, nobody would pay for that. I go there for a beer after work on Fridays though, hottest waitresses I've seen in the city.

beyondpinoy
07-09-2009, 09:39 AM
^^ i find joey's waitresses pretty hotter, some of the waitresses are sooo hot!!! ... but then again, i havn't been to the catus club in over a year...

aaronck
07-09-2009, 02:21 PM
I was just there for dinner, Burger for me for I think $14, but it came with fries. A little spendy for a burger, but it was tasty. Earls is the same price for their burger, and it's great as well.

Tomaz
07-09-2009, 03:21 PM
Co-workers and I just go for the girls. To be honest. lol

xLostx
07-09-2009, 03:43 PM
I like the JD's burger at Cactus, it's quite tasty. I had the burger at Earl's and it's def. not worth what it costs.

edit - and fuck yeah the broads at Cactus are hot.

R!zz0
07-10-2009, 09:23 AM
Too dark in there :dunno:

Kloubek
07-10-2009, 09:35 AM
Originally posted by R!zz0
Too dark in there :dunno:

Only reason I would want it lighter is to see the girls better. But on second thought - maybe that is WHY they look so good? :dunno:

After a several month hiatus, I went to the Barlow location about 3 weeks ago and ordered the creole chicken. But what was served was not as decent as what I used to get with that dish. There was very little on the side, and I wasn't even remotely full after I finished. Ended up grabbing McDonalds afterwards. What is the point of paying some $25 for a meal and leaving hungry?

Is rice really too expensive to add to the plate? I mean - Asians in 3rd world countries seem to be able to get their hands on it; why not me?

copynpaste
07-10-2009, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by sputnik
I can't believe they got rid of the Smokehouse Chicken Quesadilla.
And the blackened chicken is gone too.

:thumbsdow

copynpaste
07-10-2009, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by Kloubek

Only reason I would want it lighter is to see the girls better. But on second thought - maybe that is WHY they look so good? :dunno:

Haha, they have hot waitresses, but ive also seen a few very average looking ones too, so it all evens out. They do have this one smokin hot hostess though - she must be half latina or half indian but a definite head turner. Probably the best looking girl ive seen in the past 6 months.

After a several month hiatus, I went to the Barlow location about 3 weeks ago and ordered the creole chicken. But what was served was not as decent as what I used to get with that dish. There was very little on the side, and I wasn't even remotely full after I finished. Ended up grabbing McDonalds afterwards. What is the point of paying some $25 for a meal and leaving hungry?

Is rice really too expensive to add to the plate? I mean - Asians in 3rd world countries seem to be able to get their hands on it; why not me?

Exactly my thoughts too! My sandwich didnt even include fries. Or maybe its cause i always get yam fries and not the reg. ones? On my desert I asked for extra whip and they wanted to charge me extra $3, wtf. :thumbsdow

petoria
07-10-2009, 12:26 PM
Joeys ftw...
can't go wrong with a club med
anddd lobster grilled cheese sandwhich :drool:

JfuckinC
07-10-2009, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by petoria
Joeys ftw...

club med in a wrap with crispy masheddd :drool:

or steak and crab with crispy mashed and mushroom soup hahaaa

fuck i go there way too much.

Speedy
07-10-2009, 03:10 PM
Since Flat Iron opened I have only been to CC once. Flat Iron is more expensive but the food is way better and they just opened a nice patio.

Proyecto2000
07-15-2009, 09:30 AM
Originally posted by Speedy
Flat Iron is more expensive but the food is way better and they just opened a nice patio.

I agree with the food being more expensive, I went to Flat Iron a month ago and ordered a Bellini and a steak and both items where not good at all. The staff is very friendly but the food is not so great.:(

aget
07-15-2009, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by Proyecto2000

I agree with the food being more expensive, I went to Flat Iron a month ago and ordered a Bellini and a steak and both items where not good at all. The staff is very friendly but the food is not so great.:(

Agreed. I found Flat Iron's steak disappointing.

craigcd
07-15-2009, 11:01 AM
Hahaha just doing my expenses and reviewing a lunch bill at cactus club. Not sure what the cost was on the menu but every item ordered has a seprate charge for the side.

Example:

The Burger $14.00
Side fries $1.50

Kinda exepensive now that i look at it.

Disoblige
07-15-2009, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by petoria
Joeys ftw...

I like Joeys as well, love skinny fries + their burgers. Lobster grilled cheese? Sounds delicious!

The only thing I hate about Joeys, especially in the Chinook area is that the people who eat there seem so snobby. I don't really like the environment at all. It's better at Eau Claire at least.

JfuckinC
07-15-2009, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by Disoblige

I like Joeys as well, love skinny fries + their burgers. Lobster grilled cheese? Sounds delicious!

The only thing I hate about Joeys, especially in the Chinook area is that the people who eat there seem so snobby. I don't really like the environment at all. It's better at Eau Claire at least.

Barlow ftw
you can find me there drinking pitchers 3/7 nights a week usually hahaha :D
wicked atmosphere, staffs great (mostly good freinds of mine) and the food is, pretty good?